2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Astros have played Oakland 19 times since Fiers ran his fucking sewer.  He has yet to appear for the A's in any of those games.

Shocking bitch ass no-show...

Where was this tweet 2 years ago?

Buster Olney

@Buster_ESPN

That one team is drawing scrutiny over the sign stealing rules -- in this case, the Houston Astros  -- seemingly through leaks and innuendo is kind of gross. MLB should either step up and grab the steering wheel and publicly enforce the rules on all teams, or stand down.

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He did bring it upon himself. Just shut up and stop putting a target on your back 

This.  Don't be cunty when you get called out for being a cunt, Karen( Trevor.)

1 minute ago, Jshep34 said:

Lilshep and i were trying to guess how many astros games we jave been to. Best guess is last night was around 120 games since last home game of 2014 was his first game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Did lilshep get some facetime with his girlfriend last night? I’m sure they’ve missed each other. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, slorch said:

Astros have played Oakland 19 times since Fiers ran his fucking sewer.  He has yet to appear for the A's in any of those games.

Shocking bitch ass no-show...

The really dumb part of this is that he doesn't have to hit.  What exactly are the Astros going to do to him besides gets lots and lots of hits off of him?

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It's funny because he has bitched so much about it.  Would have been like if Barry Bonds was bitching about people using HGH.

Yup. He's been all self-righteous and sanctimonious about cheating and even called out and accused others (Cole) of cheating. If he's cheating himself then he deserves to be singled out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Where was this tweet 2 years ago?

Buster Olney

@Buster_ESPN

That one team is drawing scrutiny over the sign stealing rules -- in this case, the Houston Astros  -- seemingly through leaks and innuendo is kind of gross. MLB should either step up and grab the steering wheel and publicly enforce the rules on all teams, or stand down.

Well, it's one thing when it's the Dodgers, Yankees, or Red Sox and it's something else entirely when it's anyone else.

I've read that Bauer has complained that he's not responsible if his catcher or infielders put something on the ball. And that the rules should be strictly enforced to the letter of the law in regards to pitchers can only get in trouble if the substance is found on their person. What kind of excuse is that.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've read that Bauer has complained that he's not responsible if his catcher or infielders put something on the ball. And that the rules should be strictly enforced to the letter of the law in regards to pitchers can only get in trouble if the substance is found on their person. What kind of excuse is that.

a bitch ass excuse, we're talking about trevor bauer here

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Meh, Bauer is right.  

I just hope mlb enforces this.  I have hope it could bring down the strike out rate.

He might be right that he's being singled out, but if you bitch about cheating and bitch about the league not stopping it, you'd damn well better not be, ya know, cheating yourself.

He's a smug, self-righteous, sanctimonious, hypocritical douchebag and I hope a bird shits on him.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

He all but admitted that he started using stick'em when his spin rates increased.  He switched to "if you can't beat em join em" attitude a couple of years ago which was understandable if mlb wasn't going to enforce the rule.  Hopefully they start enforcing it now for everyone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31208667/mlb-power-rankings-week-1-biggest-risers-fallers-first-week-season%3Fplatform%3Damp

as predicted, espn has dodgers 1, yankees 2, padres 3. stros are 5th, up from 9th. they mostly blame this on the struggling oakland team.

thing is, if oakland is bad, we’re going to win 95+ games, because we already know about the m’s and rangers. 

35 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

stros are 5th, up from 9th. they mostly blame this on the struggling oakland team.

How do they know that the A's are struggling when all they've been doing is losing to the Dodgers and Astros?  Maybe the A's are good enough to win 85 and compete for a wild card, they're just not good enough to beat the eventual league champs?

Well, we'd better shit on the A's rather than give the Astros credit for clearly being the best team in baseball after 7 games.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31208667/mlb-power-rankings-week-1-biggest-risers-fallers-first-week-season%3Fplatform%3Damp

as predicted, espn has dodgers 1, yankees 2, padres 3. stros are 5th, up from 9th. they mostly blame this on the struggling oakland team.

thing is, if oakland is bad, we’re going to win 95+ games, because we already know about the m’s and rangers. 

105+

If you're averaging 7+ runs per game against division opponents, it's looking like a great regular season. Obviously its early but we have a relatively easy April ahead of us.  Oakland, Detroit, Colorado and Seattle. The Angels are the only good team in the mix but we looked good against them in LA.

What's up with the weird MLB schedule that many teams are off today (Friday?) and the Astros don't play on Sunday.  Is this some odd start to the season mix of games, or is this a COVID schedule to somehow protect the teams more. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

What's up with the weird MLB schedule that many teams are off today (Friday?) and the Astros don't play on Sunday.  Is this some odd start to the season mix of games, or is this a COVID schedule to somehow protect the teams more. 

Pretty sure I read that the schedule is wonky at the beginning to give the cold weather teams some leeway for potential rescheduling if needed.
Doesn’t explain why we have a Sunday off, though.

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Pretty sure I read that the schedule is wonky at the beginning to give the cold weather teams some leeway for potential rescheduling if needed.

This.  The schedule weirdness propagates to non-cold weather teams so the schedules don’t get unbalanced.  

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

So apparently the cheating is wide spread throughout the team (league), and not isolated to one player (team). Hmmm.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The better way to fix that is require new stadiums in cold weather to have a retractable roof or make them start on the road.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Fiers would turn his own catcher in, right?

Just now, Guadaloopy said:

It’s relentless and glorious.  

Yes it is. His hypocrisy here is so transparent and indefensible. I agree with him on principle about MLB enforcing the rule league-wide, and Tyler definitely brought this on himself with his loud mouth douchebaggery, but he had no issue pushing meritless rumors trashing arguably the most beloved Astro of all-time. Jose Altuve handled that situation with grace and class and deserves a huge apology from dingus honks like Olney. That Jomboy buzzer lie has been repeated so many times that countless opposing fans believe it and Olney is accountable for his role in it. Instead of owning it and acknowledging the blatant unprincipled inconsistency between his tweeting on Bauer and Altuve, he doubled down on hackery. 

Fuck you Buster Olney.

• Hook 'Em 2