2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 hours ago, Gourmand said:

The wedding industry is such a fucking scam built on the fairy tale dreams of little girls and their moms. 

Fair, but that press release where it’s supposed to a slam dunk that the defendant is a big bad meanie sure doesn’t come across that way.

dumb to drop $80k 6 months in to a pandemic assuming you’re going to have a 100% capacity wedding 4 months later.

and “contract clearly states they have to give back the deposit if the wedding couldn’t be held due to COVID 19.”

La Frontera: No one said you couldn’t hold your wedding...Sorry you didn’t feel comfortable inviting ~500 people or whatever and decided to call it all off. Not my problem. 

Now if Bexar County had lots of limitations on crowd size at that time, that’s a different story. But my guess is La Frontera’s attorneys (and their default contract template) probably covered for all of that and are a lot smarter than Reagan and her mom who probably called Alex on a 2 week west coast road swing in august and said “this is the perfect place! They want $80k to hold it. They said we’ll get it back if we have to cancel. Can we?! Please please pretty please?!”

La Cantera asking for another $40k for cancelling is some straight up “Gordon Gekko/Greed is Good” shit though.

Edited by UTexasFight
Also, fuck off days
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

A little birdie told me that Altuve has it (apparently for the FOURTH time?!?) and that the others should be cleared soon, potentially tomorrow.  But they didn't travel with the team per protocol and have to wait in Houston until they're cleared, so probably will play Saturday.  

Yeah I figured we are fucked all weekend in Seattle and that some of them would possibly meet up with the team in Denver.  Hopefully your scenario is the case and they are there tomorrow.  

Also not really sure who they determine has to sit out and go through the protocols because according to Dusty Lance was sick as a dog, but I guess because of contract tracing he must not have been around the positive player so they just let him go?  

5 hours ago, Scraps said:

Also not really sure who they determine has to sit out and go through the protocols because according to Dusty Lance was sick as a dog, but I guess because of contract tracing he must not have been around the positive player so they just let him go?  

Didn't Dusty say that Lance had a bug (not the ChiCom Flu)?

Who's on first?

Spoiler

Covid's on second.

Spoiler

Sue's on third

Spoiler

Tyler White's still at the plate.  Somewhere.  Probably a buffet.

Edited by clapclapclap

Astros manager Dusty Baker told reporters on Friday that the five players out due to health and safety protocols are likely to be sidelined until Tuesday.

"It's leaning that way", Baker said when asked whether those players would miss the team's entire five-game road trip. Jose Altuve, Yordan Alvarez, Alex Bregman, Martin Maldonado and Robel Garcia are currently on the COVID-19 injured list due to health and safety protocols. Fantasy managers who have viable alternatives available would be wise to get those Astros out of lineups for the weekend.

Awkward Season 2 GIF by Friends