2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

that win felt like 2 wins.

and probably felt like a lost series for yankee fans.

Yordan taking Cole deep twice, then Altuve giving the finger to the clowns on his birthday with a go-ahead 3-run HR? Shiiiiiit, that felt like sex. 

I loved hearing Cole's loud "GODDAMNIT" when Yordan blasted that second shot to center.

If we had to only win one game this series--which admittedly sucks--at least it was this one.

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Yordan taking Cole deep twice, then Altuve giving the finger to the clowns on his birthday with a go-ahead 3-run HR? Shiiiiiit, that felt like sex. 

yeah, this is begging for a meme of like, "sex is great but remember when altuve hit a go ahead homer at yankee stadium?"

7 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

If we had to only win one game this series--which admittedly sucks--at least it was this one.

i was watching a yankee broadcast a couple weeks ago the day after a loss when cole pitched.  and with their pitching woes, the announcers were talking about how devastating it is when you don't win a cole-day.  german has been better lately, and montgomery is ~good but inconsistent.  they have an ace and a bunch of 4's and 5's.  which is the opposite of what we have - a bunch of 2's and 3's.

i mean, we have jv, but do we?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gourmand said:

We have the Framberlamps on the way. Our starting pitching is the strength of the team. 

exactly.  think how sick our rotation would be with verlander healthy.  sigh.

framber would be a 3-4 and we'd have to choose between urquidy and javier.

6 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Pitchers don't normally cover home on balls in play, they back up home. Maldonado never should have left home. 

No, that was all on Yuli. He should have been covering home plate with Maldonado shifting to third to cover after the defensive shift took Bregman and Correa out of play. 

Screenshot (26).png

14 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Cole with only 4 Ks in 7 IP

Well done by the bats... or maybe Strom, et al had a pretty good idea on their likely gameplan. Either way, I’ll take that.

Likewise, Scrubb threw some great pitches in the 7th inning, especially that filthy third strike swinging on Stanton for the second out. 

So Carlos, trying to get Lindor-type money,  I guess is trying to match him statistically.

seems reasonable. Except that Lindor was on an 0 for 26 streak that he snapped today.

since carlos went 4 for 5 in the blowout win in Tampa and got him up to .303/.847 OPS, he’s 0 for 19 since and down to .254/.720

Pretty sure you will want to watch this multiple times. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/COiy3UcgJ9J/?igshid=w5rd6mp136jm

I’ve seen the Horns play in over 30 different stadiums and the only time I felt the least bit nervous was Ohio State. I don’t think I would have had the balls to be in Yankee Stadium this week. Kudos to all Astros fans that were there.

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

I’ve seen the Horns play in over 30 different stadiums and the only time I felt the least bit nervous was Ohio State. I don’t think I would have had the balls to be in Yankee Stadium this week. Kudos to all Astros fans that were there.

I went to a series in 2019 there and it was bad enough so I can only imagine this week.  Agswin dude went and posted on his instagram he had no issues, but it helps only 10K or whatever can go to the game. 

I already knew Altuve would get the loudest boos and most hate of anyone because even before all this came out back in that series I attended he was the most hated player we had and the hate that was spewed toward him then was pretty outrageous.  

I think chanting "Fuck" anything when there are a bunch of kids around is pretty shitty but not the worst thing in the world. I will give it to the Yankees scum that at least there didn't seem to be any brawls posted, they didn't throw shit on the field, and they didn't try to physical attack a player or some shit like a retard. 

Like Tony mentioned, I would be shocked if the same is going to be said when we go to LAD

Edited by Scraps

9 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

So Carlos, trying to get Lindor-type money,  I guess is trying to match him statistically.

seems reasonable. Except that Lindor was on an 0 for 26 streak that he snapped today.

since carlos went 4 for 5 in the blowout win in Tampa and got him up to .303/.847 OPS, he’s 0 for 19 since and down to .254/.720

I keep forgetting that Diaz was a hot shot SS prospect once and can serve as a gap for a season giving Pena, Leon, and Kessinger another year to develop.

Diaz still has another ARB year after this season. So it appears the Astros have a plan at SS. Now just figure one out for 1B, C, CF, LF, and bullpen.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1