2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Only thing that would've made this better is if the bat would've hit the ump in the head 

That’s the thing that maybe most amazed me about this: Bat came down directly below where he released it. No way I could pull that off.

mine would have gone over the netting and knocked out a 5 year old 

Just now, kevwun said:

Still not gonna pitch this year unless he is well ahead of schedule.  He had surgery at the tail end of September and his recovery time estimate then was 12-14 months.

Still don’t understand why he waited 2 months.

said it at the time ... how often does rest/2nd opinion result in not ultimately going under the knife?

I kinda get it with his age, but damn... early August surgery there is an outside chance he could provide some value in October 

33 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Assuming he gets most of his velocity back, I'd be down with re-signing him.  He would be good to have around all the young pitchers at a minimum.

Yep. All in on resigning a future 1st ballot HOF. He'd be a better veteran #1 than Greinke, and you still need 6-8 starters to make it through the year. I hope he realizes he's not getting $35M AAV anymore. I would give him a 3 year deal with an AAV in the $20M range.

35 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Still don’t understand why he waited 2 months.

said it at the time ... how often does rest/2nd opinion result in not ultimately going under the knife?

I kinda get it with his age, but damn... early August surgery there is an outside chance he could provide some value in October 

It has worked once. Tanaka.

12 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Just realized we are going against and ex dodgers bitch tonight.  insert Bart Scott gif

Yeah. Stripling was a very vocal bitch going as far as saying he would intentionally hit Astros batters. Of course, him and Springer are good now that they are teammates, thinking “He might be a cheater but he’s my cheater”. Let’s light his ass up. 

Edited by TonyTexas

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I always think that every MLB outfielder should be able to throw like Gurriel just did. It amazes me how shitty alot of MLB OFs throw....you are supposed to be the top 90 dudes in the world.

Exactly

that release time was faster than most shortstop’s catch and release the ball