2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

Miley's no hitter was a nail-biter like JV's last one because it was 0-0 until the top of the 9th when the Reds finally scored and took the lead.

I’m still a bit surprised a game that was 0-0 through 8 and Miley on the mound ended up taking 2:34

that screams a 2 hour game.

maybe it would have been but for that top of the 9th. That half inning took forever 

1 hour ago, Scraps said:
4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Fuck Alex Cora

I don't have a problem with him any more than i do Altuve or Belltran or whomever.

They were the only guys doing it...right?  LOlz.

It's all such a bad fucking joke of convenience.

15 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Damn it Click lock Alvarez up for ten years now

It will be interesting to see how they handle that. Yordan is under team control until 2026. He’s a generational type hitter but is exclusively a DH and has questionable knees. Crane appears to shy away from the really long term contracts. I can see a Bregman type contract after next year, before he goes into arbitration. 

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It will be interesting to see how they handle that. Yordan is under team control until 2026. He’s a generational type hitter but is exclusively a DH and has questionable knees. Crane appears to shy away from the really long term contracts. I can see a Bregman type contract after next year, before he goes into arbitration. 

He's in his age 24 season, what would you offer him? 8 year/200mm?

26 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

He's in his age 24 season, what would you offer him? 8 year/200mm?

No way you have to go that high. He’s under club control for 4 years where the most he probably earns is $25-30M.  I’d say 6/$120M starting 2023 would be fair. 

Edited by TonyTexas

9 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

No way you have to go that high. He’s under club control for 4 years where the most he probably earns is $25-30M.  

I realize that but I'd rather have him for his age 28-30 seasons at below market rate and not lose him in FA because I think he's irreplaceable. Pay him up front and lock him up long term.