2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, cabowabo said:
2 hours ago, David Dennison said:
Carlos Correa must hate money.

Wonder if there would be demand for him as a rental for the rest of the year.

The Mets will likely be in the market for a SS, maybe we can get their young C prospect Alvarez.

2 hours ago, cabowabo said:
3 hours ago, David Dennison said:
Carlos Correa must hate money.

Wonder if there would be demand for him as a rental for the rest of the year.

I would rather have him for one more playoff run when he goes beast mode.

• Hook 'Em 2

I mean- y’all know if Yuli doesn’t run there they just throw Correa out at first instead, right?  I actually like him running in the sense of it’s a routine play otherwise- maybe us doing something odd or dumb will scramble the fielders brain for a minute and cause an error or something’s stupid to happen. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

The game was lost in the 1st when after having 2nd and 3rd with no outs and already 1 run in, the Astros scored 0 more. Or the inning where Altuve hits a lead off double and doesn't move. I've seen that inning way too many times.

Baseball is no longer a team sport. It is a sport of 9 guys that play together, but every guy is out to get theirs over team.

Edited by HtownHorn

21 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The game was lost in the 1st when after having 2nd and 3rd with no outs and already 1 run in, the Astros scored 0 more. Or the inning where Altuve hits a lead off double and doesn't move. I've seen that inning way too many times.

Baseball is no longer a team sport. It is a sport of 9 guys that play together, but every guy is out to get theirs over team.

I don’t think that’s fair, honestly. The balls are being thrown so hard with so much break that it’s just hard to put together innings and rallies. The league OPS is under 700 right now. 1/2 of the MLB teams are hitting 220. Shits just tough man. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t think that’s fair, honestly. The balls are being thrown so hard with so much break that it’s just hard to put together innings and rallies. The league OPS is under 700 right now. 1/2 of the MLB teams are hitting 220. Shits just tough man. 

I get that, and I agree. Hitting today is much harder because the depth of elite velocity and spin rates is much bigger than it was 10-15 years ago. So it makes sense that being able to move runners 90 feet is now at a premium. This team has been awful at this simple concept for many years, and Dusty mentioned he was struggling with the dearth of manufactured runs.

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- y’all know if Yuli doesn’t run there they just throw Correa out at first instead, right?  I actually like him running in the sense of it’s a routine play otherwise- maybe us doing something odd or dumb will scramble the fielders brain for a minute and cause an error or something’s stupid to happen. 

Disagree. That was a slow hit chopper that’s a bang bang play at first at worst. And at best (for the Astros), gets by the 1st baseman after a hurried throw and Yuli ends up scoring from 2nd

55 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Disagree. That was a slow hit chopper that’s a bang bang play at first at worst. And at best (for the Astros), gets by the 1st baseman after a hurried throw and Yuli ends up scoring from 2nd

I think the odds on that are pretty similar to the odds of Yuli doing something unexpected short circuiting his brain that I was taking about. It just didn’t matter. We were losing either way 99/100