2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

30 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

74B1CB47-8A15-4CCB-9775-E2765E603923.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s utterly ridiculous, that run differential. 

Shades of 2015 when we finished 2 games behind the Rangers but had a +111 to +18 edge.

4 hours ago, Scraps said:

If Straw can kick a ball just trade him to the Dynamo

should put him at corner for the Texans with the way he seeks contact...with other players.

Ronnie Dawson is swinging the stick well at AAA. Yeah he's only had 23 AB but he has a 1.284 OPS so far with 4 doubles and 1 HR. If he continues to hit, how short will the organizational leash be for the Myles Straw experiment?

Edited by Gourmand
NM

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Ronnie Dawson is swinging the stick well at AAA. Yeah he's only had 23 AB but he has a 1.284 OPS so far with 4 doubles and 1 HR. If he continues to hit, how short will the organizational leash be for the Myles Straw experiment?

It's already longer than it should have been.

13 hours ago, Scraps said:

Yordan is the only dude in the league I refuse to miss an AB of

You me?

Sweatergawd every time he's at bat and I'm on this thread I have a YORDONGGG typed just waiting for Submit Reply...

Damn those were some majestic bombs from Tucker and Alvarez last night. 

16 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Wait, are you guys telling me I’m not the only one checking his “on pace over 162 games” stat line on baseball reference at least once per week?

B277AAAA-6B5F-4006-AA5D-0EBB9036EFD6.jpeg

Of course not

On 5/8/2021 at 11:11 AM, TonyTexas said:

Yordan’s first 162 game extrapolation is 47 HRs, 142 RBIs with a slash of .318/.403/.641

• Hook 'Em 1

Yuli out today.  Baker claims he is fine but they are going through protocols for him to make sure.  Not Covid related.  

Altuve 2B

Brantley LF

Bregman 3B

Alvarez DH

Correa SS

Tucker RF

Diaz 1B

Straw CF

Castro C

Javier on the bump 

8 hours ago, Gourmand said:

i'm ready to start calling it the chas mccormick experiment and put straw back in the role he was born to play - pinch runner late in games.

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm ready to start calling it the chas mccormick experiment and put straw back in the role he was born to play - pinch runner late in games.

I'll allow it, but I was under the impression that Dawson is the more natural CF.