2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

With Framber scheduled to throw a bullpen session today at Minute Maid, what is the timeline for a rehab outing? The Skeeters are at Round Rock through Tuesday, I would be pumped if he was on the mound for one of those games.

If the  bullpen outing goes well, Framber will head out on a minor league rehab assignment next week.  Valdez should need at least two or three rehab starts to build up to a starter's workload, so his return to the Astros could still be about a month away.

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

With Framber scheduled to throw a bullpen session today at Minute Maid, what is the timeline for a rehab outing? The Skeeters are at Round Rock through Tuesday, I would be pumped if he was on the mound for one of those games.

Planning to be at Dell Sunday.

I too would be pumped if “one of those games” = Sunday 

• Hook 'Em 1

It's unfortunate that McCormick is on the 40 man but not either Siri or Meyers.  It doesn't look like McCormick will be a viable alternative to Straw should he continue to to hover around 40% below league average as a hitter.  It's looking more and more likely that the Astros will need to trade for a CF at the deadline.

It's unfortunate that McCormick is on the 40 man but not either Siri or Meyers.  It doesn't look like McCormick will be a viable alternative to Straw should he continue to to hover around 40% below league average as a hitter.  It's looking more and more likely that the Astros will need to trade for a CF at the deadline.
It's really striking imo that the organization only has five outfielders on the 40 man, all of them are on the 25 man, and one of them will basically never play a defensive position. I'm not sure how Jairo Solis profiles as a prospect but he is out for a long time with elbow surgery. It makes sense to make room for a Siri or Dawson by removing Solis.

1 hour ago, Starfleet Command said:

I wonder what it would take to get the Blue Jay's CF.