2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Correa and Bregman should swap spots in the order. Actually, I'd put Brantley at 3rd and go back to Altuve/Correa at 1/2.

I know Bregman has been struggling a bit lately but I like Correa behind Gurriel and it helps out the bottom of the order. 

Edited by rvm96

5 hours ago, rvm96 said:

I know Bregman has been struggling a bit lately but I like Correa behind Gurriel and it helps out the bottom of the order. 

Yeah, it seems like it costs Correa some RBIs, but it also fucks with pitchers trying to get some relief in the order. Also, Yuli has seemingly benefitted by seeing better pitches before they have to face Correa.

Edited by slorch

17 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I quit listening when that dipshit said "Baez inability to play seems like the ultimate payback for the Astros fleecing them (Dodgers) for Yordan" 

get the fuck outta here with that shit 

I like listening to opposing broadcasters, and that's been one cool benefit of my having to stream the games up here.  However, when the Astros play the Rangers, we get the broadcast. I don't like their announcers, but just consider their smarmy condescension part of the flavor of the rivalry.  They sure had the disappoint when Altuve killed all their hopes and dreams. It was a payoff worth waiting for...

Edited by slorch

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

I like listening to opposing broadcasters, and that's been one cool benefit of my having to stream the games up here.  However, when the Astros play the Rangers, we get the broadcast. I don't like their announcers, but just consider their smarmy condescension part of the flavor of the rivalry.  They sure had the disappoint when Altuve killed all their hopes and dreams. It was a payoff worth waiting for...

I was specifically talking about the vid 3putt posted, but yeah the Rangers guys suck cock too.  I may catch a game of theirs when the Astros are off and they at least put you to sleep quickly which is a positive.  Grieve sucks ass, Nitkowski sucks dick, and Dave Raymond is boring as fuck

Altuve causing BI-POLAR roller coaster for me.  Emotions get wrecked when he bats.  His night was cray tho.

Dude literally went from <near triple play shitty double play grounder> => <3rd out after swallowing up Uncle Mike's grounder in the base path> => <jacking a simple out at 2nd base by not tapping the bag> => <swinging wild, undisciplined, at shit pitches> => <walk off grand slam>

Drink more beer.  Lots more beer.

18 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Altuve causing BI-POLAR roller coaster for me.  Emotions get wrecked when he bats.  His night was cray tho.

Dude literally went from <near triple play shitty double play grounder> => <3rd out after swallowing up Uncle Mike's grounder in the base path> => <jacking a simple out at 2nd base by not tapping the bag> => <swinging wild, undisciplined, at shit pitches> => <walk off grand slam>

Drink more beer.  Lots more beer.

image.gif.36cfd7ad8844f3ee7204e48e7e9b7432.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Scraps said:

I quit listening when that dipshit said "Baez inability to play seems like the ultimate payback for the Astros fleecing them (Dodgers) for Yordan" 

get the fuck outta here with that shit 

Palillo is a sports talk pro who knows his shit. I thought the discussion was quality content and I didn't think that Strange comment was remarkable either way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Palillo is a sports talk pro who knows his shit. I thought the discussion was quality content and I didn't think that Strange comment was remarkable either way. 

CP is great, but I can't take seriously any interviewer wearing black flannel in Houston during the summer.

I was wondering why 'Astros' was trending on twitter, and if, like me, you've ignored the cheating thread, there's actually new stuff out today.  Not the substance rule changes.

A quick summary of what (I think) kicked it off:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3369272/ryan-spaeder-just-unleashed-a-shit-storm-of-cheating-allegations-against-mlb-players-and-clubs

Edited by clapclapclap

it's weird to me.  I've had several text exchanges and conversations with other Astro fans today when the tweets/ news broke.  After talking about the in's and out's and who did what...

All I care about is tonight's game.   Astros baseball makes things better.  

9 hours ago, slorch said:

Yeah those guys just fucking suck. They are literally the worst.

• Hook 'Em 1