2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

not having an OF to replace springer was a hole in the system. straw and chaz are slowly stepping up, but not sure if either is an everyday player.

replacing correa next year at SS will be a huge test to the farm system 

but the young arms we're producing is damn impressive 

The only reason we will have to replace Correa next year is click is a dick. 

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

so JV steps up as the shut down closer for sept and the playoffs. that's how im reading this whole thing ??

on the one hand: Oh man!!!!

on the other: JV and a one run lead in the 9th and his propensity for solo HRs….but maybe TJ surgery fixes that kind of thing. 

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

There are enough FA SS's on the market next year that I think the Astros sign one.

Correa, Simmons, Baez, Crawford, Semien, Story, Seager, Rojas, Chris Taylor. Not too mention the Astros could likely play Diaz there for a seasonal stop gap giving their own internal candidates a year more in the minors.

Just gut the Rockies even more until they are worse than those 100-loss Astros teams? 

59 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Dammit.  Road tripping this weekend and Ford has the weekend off.  Esch filling in.  

Is sparks back?

shane Reynolds filled in for him the last series and also covered one a few weeks ago

their union dues are clearly paying for something 

Just now, Scraps said:

Kemping ain't easy.

He bit us in the ass tonight

I missed that part but I did see the LeMahieu 2-run HR to tie the game and the pee-pee hurt Yankee fans broke out into a Fuck Altuve chant immediately afterward when Judge stepped in the batters box. Rent-free.

• Like 2

White Sox announcers are talking trash on Stanek for touching the back of his hat before every pitch and his hair is sticking to the back of his hat.
Lol this was the reasoning for my comment about Rodon. He went to his hat after pretty much every pitch. Then when pitching coach came out he went to it and then kind of tacked his fingers together.