2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

37 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Correa gets the day off

IT's like Dusty is playing a game to see how shitty we can make our lineup and still win.  The only thing that could make that lineup more fun for me is if Jones was somehow prominently involved.  I think I'd rather play Stubbs at SS than Garcia.  

Just now, Gourmand said:

????

Garcia has performed very well defensively. I'm a believer. 

I just was thinking of the most ridiculous scenario I could come up with for who to play at SS is all.  So, I went with Stubbs.  It's not his glove it's his bat.  And then seeing him hitting 2nd I'm just like- I see you Dusty.  You are just engaged in a season long mindfuck on me.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gourmand said:

Ah, gotcha. 

Correa's last day off was June 12th. That was the Astros most recent loss.

I mean- ok. I get that players need days off. But grabbing one ever 10 days or so just seems really excessive to me- especially when you are down 2 middle of the order bats, your best sub, and one of those bats is coming back.  We couldn't save his day off for Thursday or Friday when Tucker should be back and extend out the lineup?

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- ok. I get that players need days off. But grabbing one ever 10 days or so just seems really excessive to me- especially when you are down 2 middle of the order bats, your best sub, and one of those bats is coming back.  We couldn't save his day off for Thursday or Friday when Tucker should be back and extend out the lineup?

I hear you, but get ready to be frustrated this road trip because Dusty is going to rest someone every single day. 

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I hear you, but get ready to be frustrated this road trip because Dusty is going to rest someone every single day. 

I look forward every day to when he rests Maldy.  He somehow only decides to do that against LHP, b/c as I said, Dusty is trying to make my head explode.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I remember hearing Berkman tell a story on the radio about how, on one of his first days in the big leagues, he saw Biggio going apeshit and throwing chairs and such in the clubhouse an hour or so before the game. He couldn't figure out what was going on. Turns out it was because Dierker told Biggio he was going to rest him that day. I think he ended up back in the starting lineup by game time. 

I don't think things like this happen anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 1