2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I was about to say I wonder what Miami would want for Bleier and life long Longhorn John Curtiss, but Yimi Garcia is a good piece. Acquire closers that become high leverage setup guys for us. Though his stats say he'd be better like how Oakland uses Petit.

Edited by HtownHorn

27 minutes ago, Scraps said:
48 minutes ago, Gourmand said:
Wow, Austin Pruitt DFA'd.

Pretty sure someone still had to be moved for Montero being active....thats what twitter told me earlier.

How so?

We traded two and got two in return so Montero's spot on the roster was already open. 

Edit: Robel being recalled filled that spot on the active roster. The DFA of Pruitt did leave an opening on the 40-man. 

Edited by Gourmand

Per this ESPN article Scherzer has ruled out Houston as a trade destination, first time I've seen that.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31849339/2021-mlb-trade-deadline-tracker-rumors-news-analysis-latest-buzz

Where Max Scherzer could land at deadline: Sources say Max Scherzer would approve a trade to any of the West Coast teams pursuing a deal for the Nationals ace, but he has ruled out Houston and Philadelphia as destinations. Scherzer can veto a trade using his 10-and-5 rights (10 years of service, five with the same team). -- Jesse Rogers