2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Right now the Astros have 14 pitchers and 12 position players on the active roster with one of those position players being the option-eligible Robel Garcia. 

They still have to add Yimi Garcia to the active roster and they also have Pedro Baez and Josh James out on rehab assignments. I'm not sure of the timeline of their rehab assignments, but I'd guess it would be at least a week for Baez and maybe longer for Josh James? In light of those trades and the potential for more to come, do you think we can read anything into the Astros brain trust's expectations of both of those relievers this season? Can we reasonably expect one or both of them to be a contributor at this point? I don't see how James can get back on the active roster considering he's optionable and I'd bet Baez isn't. And who are either of them going to replace on the active roster when the team still hasn't made room yet for Yimi Garcia?

The obvious choices are Raley (no options left) or Bielak (optionable). What do y'all think?

this just in...this is a hard team to make.

in related news, cole just gave up 4 in b1 to tampa.  giggle.  i hope they trade for gallo, story, and some other guys and still don't make the playoffs because of their janky rotation.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Damn.  Hard to watch all these teams loading up.  Dodgers looking like a Super Team.

Hopefully we look back and laugh at this super team that ends up losing a one-game wildcard playoff to the Padres.

Or better yet, losing the World Series to the Houston Astros.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scraps said:
29 minutes ago, runthebone said:
Fuck the Dodgers.  If there are really 10 teams talking to the Cubs about Kimbrel, then I'm afraid we may have to trade them both James and Raley.  I'm willing to do it, though!

Just wait til the Dodgers land Kimbrel too

I expect that they will be our competition, which is why we are going to have to offer the Cubs so much.

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Damn.  Hard to watch all these teams loading up.  Dodgers looking like a Super Team.

We’re already a super team

Playoff mode altuve / correa / bregman / yordan / Yuli / Brantley 

plus we added two closers to the bullpen 

Edited by tx 3 putt

I know this doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but man we are just not involved in ANY rumors right now.
Yeah but they are all the big gun rumors. I don't expect any of that.

I would go get a lefty RP to upgrade there and I would get a IF player to upgrade Robels spot. I am not convinced Diaz/Bregman will stay healthy. If one goes down during nut cutting time then we have Robel as the next man up as first man off bench....no thanks.

Go get Fry and Freddy Galvis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I'm guessing the price for Rodriguez from the Pirates is just too much. I still like Bleier or a lefty from Baltimore. Raley and Taylor are useless against RHB, so if the Astros go get a lefty to replace Raley, I hope they have a little bit better splits against RHB. Scott, Fry, and Bleier all have much better splits against RHB.