2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Any win in SF is a good win. I remember as a kid watching the Astros play in the Stick. Every game seemed to be in black and white. Nobody was in the stands, so you could hear individual taunts. The winds were visible as was the cold. It kind of reminded me of when the Horns would go play in Morgantown West Virginia at night...the same kinda feeling Deets had in Lonesome Dove when they got up into Wyoming or wherever. "What we doin' up here Cap'n? These ain't our people."

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Make no mistake, y'all. This was a damned good team we just beat. 2 more to go.

Well yeah, It's always the Rangers, Rockies, or Tigers that fuck up the Astros...

Edited by slorch

He doesn't have the range.  He's fine in right, but not in center.  With a big center field in MMP and Brantley in left, the Astros need a good center fielder.  My biggest issue with Click is that he apparently thinks you can throw anyone in center field.  You need a really good athlete there who also has good instincts.  I hope Meyers can hit enough to play every day because he's the one option they have who can do it well.

Edited by kevwun

Speaking of the playoffs since we've gone back to the wild card game. Do we want the MFY to make it and have to pitch Cole just to survive? Or do we want them to just miss the playoffs entirely. I am kinda torn because it is an odd year and I would like to rip their hearts out and devour their souls again like we did in 2015, 2017, & 2019.

10 hours ago, Gourmand said:

i always assumed this, and heard this, and read this, but it's nice to hear and it's great we've brought him in so quickly and that he feels it.  makes you wonder about other clubhouses that talk this way but don't actually have it.  would love for him to stick around after this season.

also you've gotta think the scandal really bonded the team the way it has with the fans.  it's truly an "us against the world" mentality".

• Hook 'Em 1