2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Too many regulars out of the lineup and Altuve/Gurriel are slumping.  Going to be tough sledding until they get Yordan and Tucker back.  Maybe, just maybe, we'll get Bregman back too before the end of the season.  Also would be helpful if Urquidy could finally begin a rehab assignment and finally knock Odorizzi out of the rotation.  There aren't any DeGroms on our pitching staff, but a rotation of LMJ/Garcia/Framber/Urquidy/Greinke is solid top to bottom with a good pen to back them up.  Just need to get healthy.

I wonder what the next move is with the Martes release. It opens up a spot on the 40 man and it doesn’t appear that any of the 60 day IL guys are ready. I wish they’d done this earlier. We could have saved one of the guys we recently lost. [mention=2130]Gourmand[/mention] usually has a feel for this stuff. Any guesses?
Nah he's been off the 40 man for a while now, certainly since the last time they DFAd him.

9 minutes ago, Gourmand said:
14 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:
I wonder what the next move is with the Martes release. It opens up a spot on the 40 man and it doesn’t appear that any of the 60 day IL guys are ready. I wish they’d done this earlier. We could have saved one of the guys we recently lost. [mention=2130]Gourmand[/mention] usually has a feel for this stuff. Any guesses?

Nah he's been off the 40 man for a while now, certainly since the last time they DFAd him.

You sure about?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/climbingtalshill.com/2021/06/20/astros-2-40-man-roster-moves-francis-martes-reinstated/amp/

Edited by TonyTexas

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

It is, and Scrubb just recently was transferred to the 60-day IL. I think the next move to clear a spot for a pitcher (Josh James) would be Montero to the 60-day IL.

Check that, was getting the 40-man and active roster spots twisted. 

The likeliest move I can see is Scubb coming off the 60-day IL and taking Montero's place on the 40-man roster while Montero goes to the 60-day IL. Neither James nor Scrubb will sniff the active roster before Sept 1 or unless another pitcher gets injured.

21 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’d much rather have updates like this. 
BTW The Skeeters don’t play tonight. Lulz

What the hell does that mean? I realize that quote makes Dusty look like a dumbass but in fairness to him it requires a follow up question from reporters or at least a clarification from Lerner on what "here" means in this context. Was Dusty using "here" in the colloquial sense as an expression of time or was he referring to Bregman joining the team soon? I assume he just meant Bregman would be back on rehab pretty soon with Sugar Land....