2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

14 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Holy fuck that bat "boy" at the end of the first clip

Although thinking about it there's a decent chance it's an adult with developmental issues, not sure why else a grown adult would be a minor league bat boy. So I guess I feel bad. But still.

you would be correct - that's Big Mike, affectionately known, as the Skeeters bat boy. he's been there since their inception and does have developmental issues but is a really nice guy. Skeeters had a Big Mike bobblehead promotion one night in his honor. it was awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Gourmand said:

How is this even up for debate? Unless he plans to retire, you bring him back for the next two seasons. All you ageist fuckers think he sucks but the undeniable truth is that he's done a good job this year.

I mean if he goes Jack McKeon sure otherwise I wouldn't mind getting younger at that post.

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Rays win...womp womp

Tonight is the MFY's last gimme game vs Arlington.  The Sox and Jays definitely have the easier path remaining.  Going to be a real shame when spending $200+ million dollars can't even qualify for the wild card.

Shame Jerry Seinfeld GIF - Shame Jerry Seinfeld Too - Discover & Share GIFs

4 hours ago, Gourmand said:

How is this even up for debate? Unless he plans to retire, you bring him back for the next two seasons. All you ageist fuckers think he sucks but the undeniable truth is that he's done a good job this year.

I’ll debate that. He’s good, but you think we couldn’t do better? I beg to differ. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So Yordan not really getting fooled much this series.

Ball exit speed 116 mph; distance 456 feet; launch angle 22 degrees. Home run

walk
Batted ball speed 
114 mph. Single

walk

Ball exit speed 105 mph. GIDP

Ball left the bat at 112 mph and traveled a distance of 368 feet. Double

Strikeout

Batted ball speed 81 mph. groundout 4-3

Strikeout

Ball exit speed 115 mph; distance 350 feet. Single 

1 hour ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

what do y’all think julia morales pulls a year from ATTsports/Astros? discussing with a buddy and we have wildly different guesses.

Whatever Julia/TK/Blum make is not enough. It cannot be stated how much better this crew is than pretty much every other team out there. 

I’ve tried to listen to other teams broadcasters and it’s brutal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Whatever Julia/TK/Blum make is not enough. It cannot be stated how much better this crew is than pretty much every other team out there. 

I’ve tried to listen to other teams broadcasters and it’s brutal.

Kalas has a pretty nice place out in Kingwood. 

Agreed. I really like the trio. They need Blummer to get drunk on air. I remember he “wandered off” in Oakland a few years back and they basically cut him out of the rest of the broadcast. I think he pounded a few cocktails and the camera guy ratted him out.