2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

I’m convinced that Ensberg sold his soul for that one season.  

I am convinced he started thinking too much and worrying about walking too much.  I think the next season he had something like a 230 batting average with a damn near 400 OBP.  Sometimes you have to swing the damn bat.  And this is from a guy who strongly values getting on base.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, WBT said:

We need to go 9-1 to win 100.  Might as well fuck around and do it.

This has been my dream since mid July. My guess is that we finish with 97.  I don't know that we want to catch Tampa.  That keeps us with HFA over the Pale hosers.  Just my thought.

Also- we can't possibly win today.  This team doesn't believe in sweeps anymore...

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This has been my dream since mid July. My guess is that we finish with 97.  I don't know that we want to catch Tampa.  That keeps us with HFA over the Pale hosers.  Just my thought.

Also- we can't possibly win today.  This team doesn't believe in sweeps anymore...

“If you win all the time, it’s not good for the coaches or the kids.”

• Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Wow

Did a double take/check of the standings because I knew the magic number was 3… didn’t realize the Mariners were back in front of them and that number applies to them, not the A’s

Yeah the A's are super fucked.  They get us 6 more and Seattle 3 more after today.  Seattle should finish ahead of them.  

14 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I tried telling y'all to stop worrying WTF Oakland was going to do several weeks back. The division was already ours back then and the Wild Card was an AL East deal back then.

I've been rooting for Oakland since early August.  I really wanted the first playoffs without both the Yankees and Red Sox in living memory* but it looks like at least 1 is going to make it.

*seemingly

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

I've been rooting for Oakland since early August.  I really wanted the first playoffs without both the Yankees and Red Sox in living memory* but it looks like at least 1 is going to make it.

*seemingly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_American_League_Division_Series

It's pretty amazing the Angels, Orioles, Royals, and Tigers all made the playoffs in one year.

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Let's not go past 12 tonight boys....I am fading fast already 

The struggle is very very real

i haven’t been this unproductive at work since… probably the last day game 

But good practice for October if we get the day LDS games

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Like 1