2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, runthebone said:

I love Fenway.  Sitting in the outfield is great. 

You guys should love it, too, we just won 2 of 3 there.

Place is indeed a dump (hell, it yawned when everyone was freaking out over this thing called a pandemic and said “I remember my first one of these…when I was 6”)

but man, every baseball fan needs to watch one game from the green monster seats.

Edited by UTexasFight

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Blame the site as much as the architect in my opinion as it relates to Fenway. But yeah the one time I went my view was obstructed and I hated the experience of actually watching the game 

My oldest was vacationing in Boston this week and went to the game last night.  Said the experience was fantastic.  No obstructed view :) 

1 hour ago, Wishbone said:

Probably not a good idea to look into construction contracts in Boston, however.

Wife's maternal grandfather was in the construction industry in the Boston area after he returned from WW2.  One of his roles: bagman to motivate the city inspectors.  The financial incentives were initially for scheduling preference, but evolved over time undoubtedly.  /csb

Edited by boilerhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

The outfield light was some clueless employee looking for something. There’s a bar under the bleachers there and they close it at game time.

Bleacher Bar is like the Fenway version of Valhalla on Rice campus. 

I love Fenway (with obstructed views and too small) and Wrigley (with 100 year old piss troughs, crappy concourses) and hope neither ever get torn down. Nobody will give two shits about any of these stadiums built after Dodger Stadium when they are gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

it looks great on tv and i'm a sucker for baseball history, but man that place is a fucking dump.

it's been a while since i've been, but last time there was water dripping on someone sitting in the seat like 3 to my right from...somewhere above us?  and the usher/red sox fans acted very non-surprised by it.  she just had to deal with it.

Our football cathedral is a piss soaked sardine can.

Settle down.

Framber just had one of the most dominant performance I have ever seen in a postseason.

As far as Red Sox and Fenway, well...  Worked up there and the company I worked for had a suite that I luckily got tickets to.  Field is nice.  Stadium is a shithole.  Fans are aggies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, APMP said:
4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:
tough to beat 8ip, 1er at fenway in a pivotal game 5 vs a team that was mashing in games 2-3.

Yeah Backe's was only one hit over 8 innings, but this Sox lineup is far better than what Backe faced.

In chronological order, best playoff Astros performances in my mind:

Mike Scott(x2), Backe, Oswalt NLCS clincher, Verlander 2017 ALCS game 2, Framberlamps.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Mike Scott(x2), Backe, Oswalt NLCS clincher, Verlander 2017 ALCS game 2, Framberlamps.

Scott in ‘86 is the best.  Mets knew if they lost game 6 that they were losing game 7.

What Framber did tonight was ridiculous.  Perfect through 4 at Fenway does not happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

it looks great on tv and i'm a sucker for baseball history, but man that place is a fucking dump.

it's been a while since i've been, but last time there was water dripping on someone sitting in the seat like 3 to my right from...somewhere above us?  and the usher/red sox fans acted very non-surprised by it.  she just had to deal with it.

I learned a long time ago that historic, nostalgic and traditional are code words for dumpy piece of shit stadiums.

I had to get in one more fuck yeah before I go to bed again! Passed out on the couch not long after the game (I’m an outlier in that I drink moar when my team is winning/wins). Wife (no pics) jabbed me in the ribs a bit to get me up and into the bed…pause…I opted for the sammy she’s making me now first. Hook”em Astros!

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Maybe go with a bp arm, see if it changes things up. I don’t have much faith in Garcia, his arm is tired 

start a bp arm, then switch him out

Me too.  I would rather Garcia be shutdown for the year than start game 6.  Nothing good is going to come from continuing to pitch him.  It's going to fuck with his head or he's going to hurt himself trying to overthrow.

Edited by kevwun

8 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

frambers performance was better than Scott’s. Everyone knew Scott was going to mow them down

• Hook 'Em 1