2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

I want the Braves. Payback for Biggio, Bagwell and the rest of the 90s Astros who could never beat those bastards in the playoffs.

This. I have distinct childhood memories of Astros-Braves games at the Dome in the 90’s. The decibel levels those frontrunner bandwagon fans would reach used to trigger the fuck out of me.

• Like 1

My list earlier in the week on best Astros postseason pitching performances was for individual outings.  As far as pitching by committee goes, today (yesterday) is #1 followed by Game 7 of the 2017 World Series.  Yes, the WS win was obviously more important but this was by far a better pitching performance all around.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Enjoy it. Old Altuve, no more Correa means this is the very end of the road for your tainted dynasty. 

How much sand do you keep stored in your vagina? Stick to RGV football, it’s the only thing you may know more about than other posters on this entire website. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Well you can't really be upset that he is talking shit when he got called out. Plus he's pretty sensitive right now because the rest of the league is really closing the gap on the Yankees from what I heard recently.

He’s mad all of the Yankee playoff records keep getting replaced by the Astros. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Well you can't really be upset that he is talking shit when he got called out. Plus he's pretty sensitive right now because the rest of the league is really closing the gap on the Yankees from what I heard recently.

Yeah, there are half a dozen teams that might be able to take the wild card from them next season.

6 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Castro has been clutch AF for the last month, but I never want to hear anyone bitching about Machete’s bat again.  Dusty pulling the right strings.  

Machete's lack of hitting doesn't bother me any more, and I've felt this way most of the season.  It's like bitching that Daryl Johnston didn't get enough rushing yards for Cowboys in the 90's   That's what RBs do, right?  Well that wasn't his primary contribution to the team.  Neither is hitting for Maldy.

Mentally, i just treat it like a pitcher in the batting order.  His defense and pitcher control/ game calling  more than makes up for the bat.  When he gets a hit, it's a bonus.

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

Enjoy it. Old Altuve, no more Correa means this is the very end of the road for your tainted dynasty. 

This series, if anything, says, ‘ Hold that thought.  The pantry might still be productive…’