2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, kevwun said:

Would think he's not an option tomorrow, he was running on fumes.

Absolutely no chance tomorrow. He might need 3 days of rest though at 50 pitches. That would put him out for game 3. At a minimum I would question how effective how much he could give on 2 days rest. Framber only threw a couple more pitches than him…

37 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Fun trivia if you're bored...

Not sure how often it happens, but my buddy and I just remembered two players who swallowed their tongues while members of the Astros.. 

Any guesses ??

Hint for 1 player...  after leaving Astros, he shortened his career in an off-season accident building playhouse for his kids...

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Pretty sure MLB is gonna approve Braves adding another pitcher.  But player added has to be same position as injured player, and injured player can't return...

well fuck them if they do, it's not any different than Meyers and they denied the Astros.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

So are Altuve and Correa.

I just don’t understand how this team can’t come out on fire in this game.  Especially after the finish they had against boston, the whole “shut the haters up” motivation, and oh it’s the god dam WS in your home town. You are the best lineup in baseball. 

4 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

I just don’t understand how this team can’t come out on fire in this game.  Especially after the finish they had against boston, the whole “shut the haters up” motivation, and oh it’s the god dam WS in your home town. You are the best lineup in baseball. 

It's baseball 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WBT said:

It's baseball 

Inkn

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Man, this bullpen's nuts have dropped in the playoffs.

Go get some motherfucking runs, right now!

No shit.  Shows how nervous Valdez was or maybe tipping pitches lol? 

We just gotta learn to answer back to those bad early innings. 

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Huh ??

"Astros add Marwin Gonzalez to World Series roster in place of Jake Meyers" 

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/Astros-World-Series-roster-Jake-Meyers-Marwin-16565440.php

Rosters reset before each series. Gourmand was talking about the Astros being denied during the ALCS. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2