2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I want the Astros to retain Correa but they should make one offer to him but place a deadline on the offer. Time and time again the Astros have screwed themselves trying to get a big name, who ends up signing elsewhere near the end of free agency. In the meantime, we've missed other signing opportunities. Don't ever let yourself be used as leverage by the agent to get a higher contract elsewhere.

I can't imagine that Crane is going to drastically pay more or sign Correa for longer years than what he offered at the beginning of the season.

Thank Carlos for his time here and that he always will be family. Then congratulate him on his future success, especially if it doesn't conflict with ours.

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Whats gonna be a bigger gut punch is watching the braves not even make the playoffs next year like the Nats. 

Our window realistically is maybe another year or two and I know the #1 foam finger guys that watch all the single A games thinks every prospect is going to be a hall of famer and think our window is another 10 years but it's just not. This season I was disappointed our FO didn't go all in because now we have 4 ws appearances with 1 title. 

I wish they would go super aggressive and sign studs this winter. 

Yup the Braves shouldn’t have even made the playoffs this year. The NL East is only going to get better. Personally as much as I hate it we gotta let Correa walk if he wants $300 mil+. Click should sign Marcus Semien and get some veteran starting pitchers for the rotation 

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I want the Astros to retain Correa but they should make one offer to him but place a deadline on the offer. Time and time again the Astros have screwed themselves trying to get a big name, who ends up signing elsewhere near the end of free agency. In the meantime, we've missed other signing opportunities. Don't ever let yourself be used as leverage by the agent to get a higher contract elsewhere.

I can't imagine that Crane is going to drastically pay more or sign Correa for longer years than what he offered at the beginning of the season.

Thank Carlos for his time here and that he always will be family. Then congratulate him on his future success, especially if it doesn't conflict with ours.

What’s the urgency?  If he wants to see what NY or Detroit will pay before signing let him.  We already tried the “no one will ever love you like we do, here’s an extremely team friendly contract, now sign it” approach and it didn’t work.  

If it doesn’t appear obvious Click is going with Pena at short and he’s got team control indefinitely.  Semien isn’t a SS on a World Series aspirant and any other free agent we might want is really independent of what Carlos does (in other words I don’t think we spend the money if it isn’t on Correa).  This isn’t McLane running things where you might expect $12m came off the books, so let’s sign a Carlos Lee.  

29 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

If it doesn’t appear obvious Click is going with Pena at short and he’s got team control indefinitely.

I definitely agree and one of those little details I noticed that no one in the media was talking about last week in relation to Correa was Jeremy Pena's inclusion on the WS roster taxi squad despite only playing 37 games for the Skeeters. He's ready for the next step and they expect him to take it or else they would not have put him on the WS roster and given him the opportunity to experience the playoff environment. 

12 hours ago, Honeysucklerose said:

Well, what was your favorite moment of the season???

Mine is probably Altuve's shot going into the all-star break to stick it to the Yanks.

That might be my favorite regular season moment of all-time.  Unreal.  Altuve leading off with a bomb against Bauer was great too.

For the playoffs:

The Correa home run in G1 ALCS was a "holy shit, this team might do it again" moment, which was fun for about 18 hours.

The Maldonado strike-em-out-throw-em-out DP in the ALCS was probably the most hyped I got all season.