2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So who we rolling out a CF now? A guy that wasn’t good enough to start over straw?

Jake Meyers

Mfer can hit. But do we have time to let him ride out the bumpy intro to ML pitching and roll with him in the playoffs?

Edited by Gourmand

Just now, Gourmand said:

I wanted Buxton but I will say that I've seen quite a bit of Jake Meyers and that dude can rake AND play defense. I think y'all are gonna like him. I just don't know how long it will take him to transition to the next level. 

They should have tried this at the start of the season or a month or 2 in.  Then they would know by now.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

I thought 3pm was the hard deadline. no more claiming guys off waivers after this day 

No. You can still claim players that clear waivers, you just can't trade for them after today. So if a team puts a player on waivers, and you claim them you get them without any compensation going back to the other team.

9 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They should have tried this at the start of the season or a month or 2 in.  Then they would know by now.

That is fair but I think they initially thought Meyers was playing beyond expectations and they needed time to see if it was a mirage or not. Additionally, one of the supposed strengths of Straw's place in the lineup never really materialized in the form of stolen bases. 

There is not a thing Straw does that Meyers won't do better. He's a better defender, he has speed, he can hit for average and he can hit for power. Experience is the only issue.

Edited by Gourmand