Boston Red Sox 2021 thread

dbecks

Well, that’s a little better. Fucking Barnes helped make it closer than necessary, but it’s the Sox… they’re gonna make it interesting.

Also interesting: the Sox could play Sunday in DC, in Boston on Monday, in Seattle (or Toronto) on Tuesday, in New York on Wednesday, and in Tampa on Thursday. I know they don’t fly on Spirit, but hard to imagine they wouldn’t be a little jet lagged.

Still no clue who starts tomorrow, but they’re saving Sale for Sunday & Eovaldi on Monday.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Helobious said:

There could be no other way. May the best roller coaster rider win. 

Fuck off man. Go back to your thread of 1. I enjoy most of your shit in the MLB post. You know baseball. But don't come here and talk shit. Fuck Jeter, Fuck the Steinbrenner family,  fuck everyone associated with the Yankees except Tony Pena. I hope your hair falls out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So glad I was wrong about the lack of picking up a starting pitcher at the deadline costing us a playoff spot.  I had us pegged as a .500 team going into the year so making the playoffs and beating the Yankees in the Wild Card game has been awesome.  Now let's go kick some Tampa ass in the Division Series.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, dbecks said:

I don’t exactly have the highest expectations for the ALDS (especially with Tampa so rested & E-Rod starting tonight), but this at least made me laugh:

That's extremely mild for a pitcher in the bullpen on the road in the playoffs.  You don't belong in the majors if you can't handle that.

11 hours ago, dbecks said:

Damn… Who would’ve thought this team would make it to the ALCS (with time to rest)?

I’m glad to be wrong sometimes.

Let’s go Sox. (White Sox, too. At least for the time being.)

Had you told me at the beginning of the year that we'd make the division series I would have been ecstatic.  To have eliminated the Yankees and then the Rays to head to the LCS is so fucking awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1