So is this a good or bad omen for the baby?

crash_davis

Killer gender reveal party. Hire a plane to reveal gender of baby. Then watch the plane crash and kill two people on board. Video in link.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9422023/Two-killed-Cessna-air-taxi-nosedives-crashes-lagoon-Cancun.html

Two people have been killed after a plane nosedived and crashed into the sea during a gender reveal party in Cancun, Mexico.

The expectant couple and their guests were filming the small propeller plane from a boat and were heard shouting, 'It's a girl,' before shrieking in horror as the aircraft plunged into the Nichupte lagoon.

The Cessna 206 had made a swooping turn over the party boat with a sign to reveal that the couple were having a baby girl on Tuesday afternoon.

But after the aircraft moved through the apex of its turn, it appeared to rapidly lose power and fell headlong towards the water amid cries of terror from the spectating party.  

Emergency services rushed to the plane where they found the pilot and co-pilot inside. One of the pilots died during the rescue effort, while the other died as paramedics provided first aid on dry land. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

I’m so glad I’m lame. My wife had a baby shower with pink napkins and cupcakes. Before they are lunch she told them all the baby names. I didn’t even have to be there. 

We had a basic baby shower at our house. I smoked a briskey and made old fashioneds and mint juleps, the guys watched football outside and the girls did girl stuff. It ruled.

it's pretty ridiculous but it really wasn't their fault. I am assuming it was a company they hired that do plane banners or something. I don't think this couple has anything on all the idiot couples that have started wildfires with armature explosives and stuff like that.

remember a couple months ago we talked about the wildfire caused by a gender reveal, and then the lethal explosion and we pontificated...what's gonna be the third one in this triumvirate of doom?  I predicted the sinking of a cruise ship, but plane crash has to be right up there.  I may have lost my tourney bracket pool, but I'm back in the lead on gender reveal tragedies.  

24 minutes ago, Kyle said:

There is a lot competing for the Top 10, but gender reveal parties have to be among the worst new trends. 

I wish I could argue with this.  But I can't.

1 minute ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Would have been a happier ending if the plane had crashed into the boat. 

And definitely this.

7 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Would have been a happier ending if the plane had crashed into the boat. 

Just before the plane started to make its approach, one of the people on the party boat could be heard joking: 'It's all good as long as it doesn't end up crashing into us.'

The atmosphere changed rapidly as the plane started to decelerate before falling into the water

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9422023/Two-killed-Cessna-air-taxi-nosedives-crashes-lagoon-Cancun.html

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Two people have been killed after a plane nosedived and crashed into the sea during a gender reveal party in Cancun, Mexico.

The expectant couple and their guests were filming the small propeller plane from a boat and were heard shouting, 'It's a girl PILOTING THE PLANE,' before shrieking in horror as the aircraft plunged into the Nichupte lagoon.

Fify.

3 minutes ago, Longhornstampede said:

John Denver

Nobody would name a girl 'John Denver' 

Holly though? Buddy Holly.  

Kennedy though?  I think it's a nice girl's name. As in the Kennedy's that died in that plane crash before they were magically resurrected this Easter weekend to run the gospel according to Q for people who cannot accept responsibilities for their own lives.  Oh sorry, no CR.  

Edited by Lobo

8 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

The expectant couple and their guests were filming the small propeller plane from a boat and were heard shouting, 'It's a girl,' before shrieking in horror as the aircraft plunged into the Nichupte lagoon.

I think they knew once the plane lost control and crashed - women drivers and all.