Chris Beard to Texas

Machinator

HEB is way the fuck better than United.  I've lived( and worked) in markets with both.

I would hope the Moody center would be slightly better than an arena that is almost 23 years old.

49 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Hard to argue with the hire. I’ll admit I was intrigued by Royal Ivey but you can’t reasonably pass on Beard.

Beard would not have been my first choice,  but I'm fine with it and am somewhat gruntled. Not a sure thing, but those are rare. I feel better about this hire than I did at the time we hired Shaka, Strong, Herman, or Sark. We're certainly much better off today than we were a month ago and it's not my money, so I don't give a fuck. 

I can't get over the contrast.  Shaka just gave us six years with 0 tourney wins, and got extended.  Beard has never LOST a first-round tourney game!????  There can be no doubt, this is incredibly good.  Assuming he keeps up his streak of never losing a first round tourney game, he will be here until he wants to leave, probably 15-20 years.  

We owe Abilene Christian far more than a fruit basket, for sure.  

I can't believe what passes for sports writing these days.

"Last week, Texas lost head coach Shaka Smart to Marquette. That left the program with a massive hole to fill, but it found a way to land its top target."

We "lost" him the way you lose some piece of fucking gum stuck to your shoe. And the only "hole" that's of concern is the sinkhole of a roster he left behind.

Filling in for Shaka is not exactly a massive endeavor. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

I can't believe what passes for sports writing these days.

"Last week, Texas lost head coach Shaka Smart to Marquette. That left the program with a massive hole to fill, but it found a way to land its top target."

We "lost" him the way you lose some piece of fucking gum stuck to your shoe. And the only "hole" that's of concern is the sinkhole of a roster he left behind.

Filling in for Shaka is not exactly a massive endeavor. 

I took Valtrex and lost my herpes sore!

1 hour ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Let's be classy about this. I am sure part of the reason Beard didn't want a counteroffer was because he wanted to return to his alma mater. Tech may not have as much resources as Texas but they were able to pull together enough to have more success than us in basketball. Have to respect that.

Mnnnn…aight.