Chris Beard to Texas

Machinator

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:
Wrong. We declined to offer Briles, and I’ve never seen reporting saying we actually went after Patterson. Either way, your first take about Texas Football was shitty and inaccurate, and [mention=1821]Huckleberry[/mention]’s comparison of Herman to Beard was also shitty and inaccurate.

Now both of you shut the fuck up and stop clogging up the Beard celebration thread! 

My take was fine. Texas football has been turned down by numerous coaches. Basketball got it's first choice. Facts

But, I'm down to get back to comparing Chris Beard to Phil Jackson. Let's roll.

Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by BradInATX

Beard's priorities:

#1 - keep Jones and Ramey in the fold

#2 - make love to the transfer portal 

#3 - gauge the interest of Sims, GB3 and Coleman in coming back, as none of them have actually declared yet, unlike Kai Jones

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

My take was fine. Texas football has been turned down by numerous coaches. Basketball got it's first choice. Facts

Fact: 

All those guys we got turned down for football by were in the clusterfuck, drama-filled search by Steve Patterson.

Fact:

CDC, outside of being bamboozled by Urban, has not been turned down publicly by "the guy" yet. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Js1 said:

Beard's priorities:

#3 - gauge the interest of Sims, GB3 and Coleman in coming back, as none of them have actually declared yet, unlike Kai Jones

4) DM Tamar Bates and say "OK dude I am not black but I AM the head coach at Texas. Do you want to play here y/n? "

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Fact: 

All those guys we got turned down for football by were in the clusterfuck, drama-filled search by Steve Patterson.

Fact:

CDC, outside of being bamboozled by Urban, has not been turned down publicly by "the guy" yet. 

Yep. Which was my point. CDC ran this search incredibly well, kept us mostly out of the limelight and kept it from being a public shit show like the Herman and Strong hires were. Went and got his top guy silently. It's refreshing.

(and yeah, Urban was a bit of a shit show but you have to try if you're CDC)

Edited by BradInATX

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Beard's priorities:

Ramey?

guy is a net zero or less over the course of a season. More bad than good. Unless you think he will take coaching now that it will be proffered. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Beard's priorities:

Watch Ramey make all conference and get drafted.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The loyalty talk is interesting. Do they not know that he is a Texas alum who worked with the Texas basketball team as a student?  Why doesn’t that loyalty supersede theirs, where he entered into a contract to be paid to perform a job?

I'll give them that one, he spent 4 years here, he's spent over 15 years at Tech.  That's a lot years in Lubbock (might not be in their favor there, but still)

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The loyalty talk is interesting. Do they not know that he is a Texas alum who worked with the Texas basketball team as a student?  Why doesn’t that loyalty supersede theirs, where he entered into a contract to be paid to perform a job?

Eventually, people will learn college sports is a fucking business.  These guys want high-level recruits, exposure, facilities and to get paid.

You don't fault someone for going from a Fortune 500 company ranked in the bottom half to a company ranked in the top 25 because that's what successful people do. Coaches do it too.

There is no loyalty in college sports, except to your financial success and change at landing a job at an elite school. 

Show me where Tech fans bitched about loyalty when he spurned UNLV for Tech without coaching a single game there. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ramey?

guy is a net zero or less over the course of a season. More bad than good. Unless you think he will take coaching now that it will be proffered. 

We need the depth, if all our seniors leave, we're working with like 5 scholarship guys or some shit like that.

Give me this junkyard dog mentality under a real coach. 

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

How many players currently expected to be on the roster have the mental makeup to play under Beard?  2?  3?  He’s got some roster building to do.  

All of them, including the guys leaving this year. Mental makeup, effort, and desire were not issues with our guys.

Don’t confuse mental makeup with years of god awful coaching under Shaka. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Where the fuck is derka/ @shadow_operative this morning? Did he leap from a bridge this week due to the 15 minutes of interest they "only" showed to Royal Ivey? I figure he'd love this hire.

I'm excited to hear the Calipari rant that's coming soon from a few in the know.

We didn't see him until the afternoon when the news of Shaka leaving broke.