Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Keep Austin Beard

Machinator

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

F Micah Peavy (Texas Tech)
The 6-foot-7, 215-pound former Duncanville star played a key role for Chris Beard as a freshman in Lubbock. The son of Duncanville head coach David Peavy averaged 5.7 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 29 games, including 25 starts. He converted 45.9% of his shots from the field and 47.4% from the foul line.

Soooo....is there a typo in there somewhere?

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Does this mean they refused to release him from his NLI?  That’s the only way he’d actually have to enter the portal. 

Yep, fucking assholes. Go to texas and sit out a year or play as a freshman. Fuckers

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Yep, fucking assholes. Go to texas and sit out a year or play as a freshman. Fuckers

I can’t keep up with the rules, but I thought that rule was dropped with the free transfers?

1 hour ago, Fug said:

I can’t keep up with the rules, but I thought that rule was dropped with the free transfers?

It was, but conferences still have intra-conference transfer rules in place. That’s why Lincoln Riley is still able to block Chandler Morris from going to TCU.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

jason bateman dodgeball GIF

That move wouldn't leave them open to any negative recruiting. If he wants to go to UT he can probably raise a little hell and the optics will force them to release him.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1

I can't emphasize enough how much I love Arterio Morris' game. IMO he has the potential to ultimately end up being the best player out of this absolutely exceptional 2022 class of Texas basketball players. I'm dumbfounded at how he's currently slotted as the 10th best player in the state in the 247 composite rankings (in fairness to 247 they actually have him at #5 in their specific site rankings), but nonetheless this kid is a star in the making. I've made the Ja Morant comparisons before and that's who he is with his blend of elite athleticism and great playmaking ability. 

Check out some of the highlights from this outstanding playoff game between Dallas Kimball and Frisco Wakeland earlier this year. Frisco gave Kimball all they could handle.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 3