Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Keep Austin Beard

Machinator

55 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Probably goes G-League or Europe for 1 year, but damn nice to see. I know BitterWhiteCuckold, I mean @bitterwhiteguy, doesnt like Beard’s style but I think most Texas fans are gonna pleased. 

No, I like BitterWhiteCuckhold better. That's his new name from now on 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Haha 1

The dweebs in our fan base that demand that we simultaneously run a clean ship and deliver consistent success need to get over their faux sense of moral superiority. 

The NCAA is as toothless as they come, if any of our coaches across the board are not experts at playing the game, they need to be replaced by someone who is.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

The dweebs in our fan base that demand that we simultaneously run a clean ship and deliver consistent success need to get over their faux sense of moral superiority. 

The NCAA is as toothless as they come, if any of our coaches across the board are not experts at playing the game, they need to be replaced by someone who is.

???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

That’s a big ask. It’s a somewhat Aggy attribute of our fan base’s ingrained mindset. A narrative for as long as I have memories has explained away successes of Bama football, Baylor basketball or OU football as fruits of a poisonous cheating tree, whereas we wear white hats while riding white horses and do it the right way, thus having a built-in excuse for anything other than 1st place.

It will be fascinating to watch the Horn fan moral universe evolve. If cheating is now ok, are there types of cheating that aren’t? As long as the alma mater wins and steers clear of legal liability and embarrassment, who cares which rules are broken? JAQ etc

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

37 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

That’s a big ask. It’s a somewhat Aggy attribute of our fan base’s ingrained mindset. A narrative for as long as I have memories has explained away successes of Bama football, Baylor basketball or OU football as fruits of a poisonous cheating tree, whereas we wear white hats while riding white horses and do it the right way, thus having a built-in excuse for anything other than 1st place.

It will be fascinating to watch the Horn fan moral universe evolve. If cheating is now ok, are there types of cheating that aren’t? As long as the alma mater wins and steers clear of legal liability and embarrassment, who cares which rules are broken? JAQ etc

With all the money at stake and how much a winning program brings in with football and basketball success the moral jockeys can fuck off. College football is a business, treat it as such. 

• Hook 'Em 1

IT

Spoiler

HOOPS RECRUITING

There have been many asking if all the transfers will be in Austin in June. IT has confirmed that Timmy Allen, Dylan Disu, Christopher Bishop, and Devin Askew will be in Austin by the first week of June. They’ll be met by 2021 signee Jaylon Tyson, and returnees Andrew Jones, Courtney Ramey, Jase Febres, and Brock Cunningham.

Chris Beard and staff are in no hurry to put the finishing touches on the roster. Texas ideally wants to get lucky and find a dynamic player with the ball in his hands, but it has to be the right fit. A ‘big’ has to be the right fit and either be a rim protector or play face up to add even more shooting/scoring to the roster. The staff feels very confident the nine players on the roster will make Texas extremely competitive and versatile, and that has given them the ability to be very selective with the final couple of pieces.

The basketball staff will be attacking June just like the football staff. There will be official visitors on campus throughout the month, but there is a chance the staff will be allowed to travel to evaluate a couple of weekends at AAU events in June. That means more possible mid-week OV’s in hoops in June. The staff is planning to use a couple of evaluation weekends and then the July live period to make sure they are on the correct 2022’s and set the board for 2023 properly.

IT spoke with Anthony Black (Coppell) and he does plan to make OV’s in June. However, he is yet to schedule any. A person close to Arterio Morris (Dallas Kimball) said June OV’s are likely.

Texas will work to get Keyonte George (iSchool Entrepreneurial Academy), Cason Wallace (Richardson), Felix Okpara (Hamilton Heights Christian -- TN), Kijani Wright (Windward School -- CA) and Terrance Arceneaux (Beaumont United) on campus in June along with Black and Morris.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

IT

Hide contents

HOOPS RECRUITING

There have been many asking if all the transfers will be in Austin in June. IT has confirmed that Timmy Allen, Dylan Disu, Christopher Bishop, and Devin Askew will be in Austin by the first week of June. They’ll be met by 2021 signee Jaylon Tyson, and returnees Andrew Jones, Courtney Ramey, Jase Febres, and Brock Cunningham.

Chris Beard and staff are in no hurry to put the finishing touches on the roster. Texas ideally wants to get lucky and find a dynamic player with the ball in his hands, but it has to be the right fit. A ‘big’ has to be the right fit and either be a rim protector or play face up to add even more shooting/scoring to the roster. The staff feels very confident the nine players on the roster will make Texas extremely competitive and versatile, and that has given them the ability to be very selective with the final couple of pieces.

The basketball staff will be attacking June just like the football staff. There will be official visitors on campus throughout the month, but there is a chance the staff will be allowed to travel to evaluate a couple of weekends at AAU events in June. That means more possible mid-week OV’s in hoops in June. The staff is planning to use a couple of evaluation weekends and then the July live period to make sure they are on the correct 2022’s and set the board for 2023 properly.

IT spoke with Anthony Black (Coppell) and he does plan to make OV’s in June. However, he is yet to schedule any. A person close to Arterio Morris (Dallas Kimball) said June OV’s are likely.

Texas will work to get Keyonte George (iSchool Entrepreneurial Academy), Cason Wallace (Richardson), Felix Okpara (Hamilton Heights Christian -- TN), Kijani Wright (Windward School -- CA) and Terrance Arceneaux (Beaumont United) on campus in June along with Black and Morris.

SUMMER IN AUSTIN

Summer in Austin is a great time if you’re a college student, you have access to that sweet pool for the athletes, and you can hit the lakes and go tubing in between practices & classes. 

The heat can be brutal for those who park outside and have to walk around scorching sidewalks in between stone buildings that radiate heat or glass/mirrored buildings that reflect the heat, but it is a great time and a great place to be a college student. 

With three summers, 6 semesters, and first choice of classes, I don’t know how half the players don’t graduate in 3 years and then rack up some masters classes or finish with a double major after their 4th year.

☀️🏖

33 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

Summers were bad for me. Too much to do that was better than classes. Like pools, lakes, and tubing, for instance.

I had to hang around one summer for the sole purpose of passing Calculus II and damn near didn’t even do that 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

SUMMER IN AUSTIN

Summer in Austin is a great time if you’re a college student, you have access to that sweet pool for the athletes, and you can hit the lakes and go tubing in between practices & classes. 

The heat can be brutal for those who park outside and have to walk around scorching sidewalks in between stone buildings that radiate heat or glass/mirrored buildings that reflect the heat, but it is a great time and a great place to be a college student. 

With three summers, 6 semesters, and first choice of classes, I don’t know how half the players don’t graduate in 3 years and then rack up some masters classes or finish with a double major after their 4th year.

☀️🏖

imrs.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

SUMMER IN AUSTIN

☀️🏖

It’s ok Napoleon. I’m sure UPS will move you from driver to the office soon. 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"Blue-collared"? No idea what he's getting at with that sentence.

Aside from the butchered grammar here, "blue collar" is the most grating descriptor in sports, imo. Why teams and individuals continue with this absurd cosplay is beyond me. GTFO with your black lung nonsense. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

He looks like he's built like a Baylor guard.

247 says 6'4" 185 lbs, but his neck tells me that he's closer to 200 lbs.

9924938.jpg?fit=crop&width=100

He may be 16, but he's already a man. He isn't going to be bullied around the court. 

I hope that we land him. (El Paso ties > > Polynesian ties)