Airport shitters thread

Gil Bang

Everyone, explain to me why you care about or prefer doors to the floor.  I cannot recall a single time someone peeked under a stall to check me out while I was dropping a deuce. I can recall multiple times when my quiet reverie of shitting was disturbed in a “floor length door” stall or solo- shitter standalone room by someone jiggling the handle. My visible shoes and ankles prevents that from happening in normal stalls. 

On 4/5/2021 at 12:25 PM, midtown said:

I am pretty sure I had to BUY some TP before dropping the kids in Colombia.  Trying to remember where that was.

That is pretty common when I lived in Mexico but not at the airport IIRC most public shitters charge 2 or 5 pesos for TP. I had to do that last time I went to Peru walked around asking for some coins while turtling hard

It's a nice-to-have but it's #37 on my list of public restroom requirements. 

The only time the floor length door fucking infuriated me was our own Austin Hilton Convention Hotel.  Been in there 100 times for 100 events but never had to take a shit.  So I'm in a suit and I go up one level to a ballroom floor where there's no events.  Just me and a dozen pristine shitters untouched from the week before.  Close the door, take off my jacket and get ready to take care of business...no hooks on the back of the door.  Only fucking business hotel in North America without jacket hooks. 

Fucking doorknob is too small to hold my jacket loop or even the collar.  And I can't drape it over the top of the door because it's a ceiling to floor door.  So I leave the door open to the shitter and toss it up over the corner of the door.  No big deal, right?  Well, 5 minutes into the shit...in comes Lupita to clean the sinks and first thing she sees is me gruntingly birthing a 3-pound corned beef abortion.  I tried to grab the bottom of my jacket to swing the door back to me to at least partially shut it, to no avail.    just gave her this look like, "This is the hotel chain we've both chosen, let's ride it out."  She, of course, left.  Every year, i go up to those bathrooms even if I don't have to crap, just to see if Lupita's employee suggestion box idea ever came to fruition.  

Edited by Lobo

23 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's a nice-to-have but it's #37 on my list of public restroom requirements. 

The only time the floor length door fucking infuriated me was our own Austin Hilton Convention Hotel.  Been in there 100 times for 100 events but never had to take a shit.  So I'm in a suit and I go up one level to a ballroom floor where there's no events.  Just me and a dozen pristine shitters untouched from the week before.  Close the door, take off my jacket and get ready to take care of business...no hooks on the back of the door.  Only fucking business hotel in North America without jacket hooks. 

Fucking doorknob is too small to hold my jacket loop or even the collar.  And I can't drape it over the top of the door because it's a ceiling to floor door.  So I leave the door open to the shitter and toss it up over the corner of the door.  No big deal, right?  Well, 5 minutes into the shit...in comes Lupita to clean the sinks and first thing she sees is me gruntingly birthing a 3-pound corned beef abortion.  I tried to grab the bottom of my jacket to swing the door back to me to at least partially shut it, to no avail.    just gave her this look like, "This is the hotel chain we've both chosen, let's ride it out."  She, of course, left.  Every year, i go up to those bathrooms even if I don't have to crap, just to see if Lupita's employee suggestion box idea ever came to fruition.  

pretty long-winded brag about a jos a bank suit