Texas @ Kansas - Thurs. - Sat. Series - ESPN+

zlavydra

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Swap him and Quintanilla? Let Nixon be the emergency man and Quintanilla be the closer?

I'd be ok with that.  I think Quintanilla has more maturity and nerve. Not knocking Nixon, but he just needs a tad more growth. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, CDAK said:

I'd also like to see Quintanilla be given the chance to expand his role a bit. Maybe a midweek or Sunday start or an opportunity to close.

Whitt seems perfect for a dude you bring in in the 7th or 8th and he shuts em down. But yeah Whitt in that middle relieve slot with Nixon at set up and Quintanilla closing. Also surely Hanson is gonna be the Sunday starter in a or 2, right? Kub is fine and all but I’d rather see him on Tuesdays

28 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Antico has been a major let down. Guy looks nothing like a former All American and its not even close. 

I was tempted to write, "Yeah, I guess it was different facing Villanova pitching..," but St. John's played some pretty good non-con competition last year (GA Tech, Kennesaw, Charlotte, Cal, UNLV).  I didn't delve into it more than that, but yeah, any way you look at it, he's been disappointing.