Chris Beard introductory conference - 10 AM, LHN

Machinator

FWIW, the positive energy from the players in the room is palpable.  The Exes here are fires up.  They were giving TJ grief about wearing the same suit again but he joked he just jumped in the car and didn’t pack much.  They all seem to share that immediacy and excitement. 

9 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Anyone else get the goosebumps? I'm fucking fired up. Between Beard and Sark, I think we finally hit the grand slam we've all been waiting for. Beard to bring us a championship 

We went to great lengths to get Chris del conte away from tcu, and it wasn’t to oversee the hiring of the track coach and the building of the new tennis courts. It was to spearhead the overhaul of the football and basketball programs coinciding with the implementation of the large capital projects attached to those programs.  And it turns out that replacing coaches is a part of that, and here we are. It’s all his now.  

but we can also enjoy his other great hires and look forward to baseball getting on track one way or the other. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We went to great lengths to get Chris del conte away from tcu, and it wasn’t to oversee the hiring of the track coach and the building of the new tennis courts. It was to spearhead the overhaul of the football and basketball programs coinciding with the implementation of the large capital projects attached to those programs.  And it turns out that replacing coaches is a part of that, and here we are. It’s all his now.  

but we can also enjoy his other great hires and look forward to baseball getting on track one way or the other. 

He's made some damn great hires, definitely. White for Softball, Schafer for WBB, men's tennis coach (name escapes me), now Beard, and Sark. I'll be real, I didn't think he would actually make this many great hires (this of course assuming Sark pans out). I feel like a kid again 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

I think we're going to win. A lot.

The fact that Beard...has a beard gets the JW seal of approval.

In short, I'm gruntled.

Works out well because I think our program is now ‘fettered’