What’s your favorite old school candy?

Buzzrock

11 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Luan's Cherry Mash Bars - Me and My Captain

My Dad absolutely loved a Cherry Mash, not the one with the creme filled center, but the one with syrup and maraschino cherries. It was way too rich, and sweet for me. They got hard to find, but I would scour very small town store to find them for him. Always told him, "I brought you a prize!" I sure do miss his smile.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

While Irish is correct up above, when I think of a good "old school candy", I think of this.  With the really thin white paper that's so difficult to peel off that you just give up and eat the paper too:

bit-o-honey-bar-2.jpg

Second. I get a craving every now and then for some Bit-o-Honey.

1 hour ago, CHIEF said:

My Dad absolutely loved a Cherry Mash, not the one with the creme filled center, but the one with syrup and maraschino cherries. It was way too rich, and sweet for me. They got hard to find, but I would scour very small town store to find them for him. Always told him, "I brought you a prize!" I sure do miss his smile.

CHIEF

I've never seen one like that before, but now I have to have one.

I have different definitions of old school than a few of you. When I think of old school candies, it's the stuff you only find in a Cracker Barrel or candy store now like Charleston Chews, the little two tone brown peanut butter bars, the lemonheads in a box, sixlets, etc.

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Brach’s sparklers mixed, those mini-jawbreakers in fake little soda cans, and candy cigarettes (hard candy ones).

I preferred the candy cigarettes in the paper wrappers that let you blow a little puff of powdered sugar “smoke” out of them at the start. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

image.jpeg.701853e2ccac977cce68fb28ee301c2f.jpeg

I have lived in Lufkin for 2+ years now, and I have yet to have a piece of Atkinson's candy.  Hell, I have a neighbor that works at the factory.

Granted, I don't really have much of a sweet tooth, but I should remedy that...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, After irth said:

I have lived in Lufkin for 2+ years now, and I have yet to have a piece of Atkinson's candy.  Hell, I have a neighbor that works at the factory.

Granted, I don't really have much of a sweet tooth, but I should remedy that...

You should.  They pretty much begin and end this thread in my opinion.  Plus, they are owned by a great fucking family.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1