2021 No Hitter Perfect Game Watch

WBT

35 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

yeah that's brutal. the only base runner you give up is on a strikeout, and he later gets picked off meaning Means still faced the minimum. that's as close as you can get to throwing a perfect game without throwing one. well, unless you're Armando Galarraga. 

Similar to the Babe Ruth/Ernie Shore no-hitter and near-perfecto back in 1917.  (Rumor has it that Armybrat was in attendance.)  Ruth walked the first batter and barked at the ump about the ball 4 call.  The ump tossed the Babe, who promptly slugged the umpire (which led to a 10-game suspension).  Ernie Shore came in to pitch.  The baserunner got thrown out trying to steal second.  Shore then retired the next 26 batters.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Drop third strike is up there with end zone fumbles being touchback as shittiest rule in sports. You struck out, sit down your turn is over and ended in failure.

Disagree

at least on the baseball part.

catch the ball. Part of the game.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Similar to the Babe Ruth/Ernie Shore no-hitter and near-perfecto back in 1917.  (Rumor has it that Armybrat was in attendance.)  Ruth walked the first batter and barked at the ump about the ball 4 call.  The ump tossed the Babe, who promptly slugged the umpire (which led to a 10-game suspension).  Ernie Shore came in to pitch.  The baserunner got thrown out trying to steal second.  Shore then retired the next 26 batters.

i can't remember who, or when it was, but i do remember reading about a game where both guys threw a no-no, but one of them lost 1-0 on a guy who walked, stole a base or two, and then scored on a sacrifice.

39 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Disagree

at least on the baseball part.

catch the ball. Part of the game.

Why doesnt the batter get to haul ass to first if the catcher drops the second strike. Its an arbitrary rule that makes no fucking sense. 

13 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Why doesnt the batter get to haul ass to first if the catcher drops the second strike. Its an arbitrary rule that makes no fucking sense. 

Because it’s three strikes you’re out at the ol ballgame, not two...and because every out in the game ends with a defensive player holding the ball.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Because it’s three strikes you’re out at the ol ballgame, not two...and because every out in the game ends with a defensive player holding the ball.

So who's holding the ball when a batter bunts foul with two strikes in the count?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

2 strike foul bunt

beaten to this one so I’ll add ball in play hits a runner first and out of baseline/change baseline

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Ok...

and because every out in the game where the offense isn’t a dumbfuck ends with a defensive player holding the ball.”

I don’t know. I just dont have a problem with it. Part of the catcher’s job is to, you know, catch the ball. 
if he doesn’t, I have no problem with giving the batter an opportunity to reach base.

I’m sorry, blotto, that your son missed out on a perfect game today. You should still celebrate his no-hitter. 

12 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Ok...

and because every out in the game where the offense isn’t a dumbfuck ends with a defensive player holding the ball.”

I don’t know. I just dont have a problem with it. Part of the catcher’s job is to, you know, catch the ball. 
if he doesn’t, I have no problem with giving the batter an opportunity to reach base.

I’m sorry, blotto, that your son missed out on a perfect game today. You should still celebrate his no-hitter. 

Infield fly rule doesnt require anyone to catch the ball. I don't give a fuck about that no hitter. I just think its a stupid fucking rule. 

Cousin blotto handling up.

Why should a batter be rewarded for sucking? And this isn’t some trivial reward for the shitty batter, it’s the most precious thing in the game - an out, which is potentially negated.

Add on to the fact that the shitty rule doesn’t even apply when first base is occupied with less than two outs. They have to caveat the caveat.

16 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

these announcers are talking about the 100-pitch mark like it's the 150-pitch mark. the pussification of starting pitchers in my lifetime is depressing.

But but ...it’s only May.

his arm strength isn’t built up! Wont someone think of the children!

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2021 at 10:20 PM, TheStoicPaisano said:

Zach Plesac goes 8 scoreless v Miley before Clasé comes in for an absolutely horseshit performance:

B93BDBF2-3D18-421B-919E-AC330C282544.jpeg

Plesac going deep with a no hitter . thru 7 (only 78 pitches)

Edited by Blotto