DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

The country that this man trusted is the country that creates the shitty conditions he was leaving.  

This is on us, but the GOP doesn’t believe in taking responsibility.  

Spin it however you wish, this man forced his daughter into the river, not our policies. 

• Fuck You 15

31 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Maybe, but I’d never do that to my daughter.

Maybe not, but I'm sure someone in your ancestry did so that you could be privileged enough to trash other fathers desperate actions on an online forum. You do your family proud. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Maybe not, but I'm sure someone in your ancestry did so that you could be privileged enough to trash other fathers desperate actions on an online forum. You do your family proud. 

Maybe they did, maybe they didn’t. We’ll never know I suppose. But this man drowned his own daughter, of course I’m going to trash him. 

• Fuck You 13

3 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Maybe they did, maybe they didn’t. We’ll never know I suppose. But this man drowned his own daughter, of course I’m going to trash him. 

HE drowned his daughter? Did you read the story? Do you understand the circumstances leading up to the tragic incident?

Better yet, do you even give a shit? 

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

HE drowned his daughter? Did you read the story? Do you understand the circumstances leading up to the tragic incident?

Better yet, do you even give a shit? 

Of course I did, he forced his 23 month old daughter to cross a river and they drowned. 

I definitely care about this little girl as my daughter is the same age. 

• Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

What if her life was already at risk? Oh wait, you don't know anything about his situation and you don't care, again, because you are a terrible person. 

Then you assess the risk and understand that dragging a 23 month old into a river crossing is far more risky. 

• Fuck You 6

Just now, Chrispy said:

Of course I did, he forced his 23 month old daughter to cross a river and they drowned. 

I definitely care about this little girl as my daughter is the same age. 

Then you should know, they crossed successfully and when he went back to get his wife, the toddler went back in the water to go after her father. He did not drown her you simpleton. And as a father, if you were raising her in one of the most violent area's in the world, where her chance for a healthy/happy life is extremely limited, wouldn't you do anything you can to make sure she had the best opportunity for a future? 

Y’all, don’t block Chrispy. Read it. This is what the rationalization, and the banality of evil, looks like. This is how the nazi regime rationalized. You’ll note that everything - literally EVERYTHING - bad that has happened is the victims’ fault.

He MUST care about children, he has one of his own. And if only those terrible brown people cared as much for their kids as good white folks like Chrispy do, well, they’d stay in their place, and their kids wouldn’t drown. I mean, sure, they might die of any number of other things that are causing people to flee the only home they’ve ever known. But they wouldn’t drown. So see, this is really the brown peoples’ fault. Men wearing SS uniforms said this exact sort of thing as they bounced their own laughing children on their knee. Everything Chrispy says, we’ve read variations of before.

Read it. Soak up the evil. Realize that Chrispy is who we are, and who is in charge of the country. And then realize that everything you thought you knew about this country - boiling down to the US being the good guys - is a complete lie.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Then you should know, they crossed successfully and when he went back to get his wife, the toddler went back in the water to go after her father. He did not drown her you simpleton. And as a father, if you were raising her in one of the most violent area's in the world, where her chance for a healthy/happy life is extremely limited, wouldn't you do anything you can to make sure she had the best opportunity for a future? 

That’s the point, leaving a 23 month old next to a river and expecting her to stay put is what I find unbelievable. I’ve already stated I wouldn’t risk her life with a water crossing at that age, no. 

• Fuck You 7

Just now, Chrispy said:

That’s the point, leaving a 23 month old next to a river and expecting her to stay put is what I find unbelievable. I’ve already stated I wouldn’t risk her life with a water crossing at that age, no. 

No, you are just lucky enough to not have to make real decisions for your family's future. Your ancestors had to. The real point is that you do not have enough (any?) compassion or empathy for your fellow human to understand circumstances you have not yourself experienced. Is it not possible that that family did risk assessment and saw that crossing a river provided a better outcome than staying where they were likely to get caught up in gang violence and/or killed? How can you judge this father when you do not understand the decisions that lead up to his last decision? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

No, you are just lucky enough to not have to make real decisions for your family's future. Your ancestors had to. The real point is that you do not have enough (any?) compassion or empathy for your fellow human to understand circumstances you have not yourself experienced. Is it not possible that that family did risk assessment and saw that crossing a river provided a better outcome than staying where they were likely to get caught up in gang violence and/or killed? How can you judge this father when you do not understand the decisions that lead up to his last decision? 

Some of my circumstance that allows me to live so comfortably is luck and some is due to hard work. I have compassion for the little girl, as she had no say in her demise. It’s obvious that the family made a decision on risk and it turned out to be the wrong one. One can feel sympathy for a particular situation and disapprove at the same time. 

• Fuck You 6

4 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Some of my circumstance that allows me to live so comfortably is luck and some is due to hard work. I have compassion for the little girl, as she had no say in her demise. It’s obvious that the family made a decision on risk and it turned out to be the wrong one. One can feel sympathy for a particular situation and disapprove at the same time. 

So in summary, he drowned her?

*and he needed some luck along with the hardest work you could imagine to make the trek up to do the shitty work no Americans want to do to provide for his family. So how are y'all different other than your starting point?

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

So in summary, he drowned her?

See, and y’all wonder why I periodically wish for people like Chrispy to experience such dire straits where risking a river crossing with a two year old is a better option than what they’ve come from.

The only choice Chrispy has to make about his daughter is where to send her to preschool. I wish him and all Trumkpkims that desperation. That terror. That pain.

And here’s the confession: I don’t wish that because that will help them realize the error of their ways. They never will. They’re all-in on evil. I just wish it because the universe is short on justice these days.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

See, and y’all wonder why I periodically wish for people like Chrispy to experience such dire straits where risking a river crossing with a two year old is a better option than what they’ve come from.

The only choice Chrispy has to make about his daughter is where to send her to preschool. I wish him and all Trumkpkims that desperation. That terror. That pain.

And here’s the confession: I don’t wish that because that will help them realize the error of their ways. They never will. They’re all-in on evil. I just wish it because the universe is short on justice these days.

Yeah, but Chrispy worked so hard you know.  See how great I am. I,I,I.  The mantra of privilege today

So I have an actual question.  These folks are coming from Central America, so countries that are SOUTH of Mexico.  If they are in fear of their life, why are they not applying for Asylum in the FIRST country whose border they cross?  It seems like that should be the protocol.  Am I missing something here?
For those that are economic migrants, I completely understand your desire for a better life.  We ALL have that desire.  But at the end of the day, whether you agree with it or not, we have laws, and people that knowingly violate the law to enter this country and not doing themselves any favors.  Many of those people who are economic migrants are hard workers.  And they are not going to take jobs away from Americans (that is a strawman argument), but they are placing strains on our public systems, like education and health care.  Then there is the question about if they are low skilled, which many of these folks are, how are they going to support themselves and their families?  
It is horrific situation all around.  I am 100% in support of people who want to come here, and want to work and contribute, to make it easier to come here. But there are a lot of tough questions and decisions that need to be made.  I fully believe that Congress has been kicking this shit down the road for ages becuase they are more concerned with being re-elected than coming up with comprehensive immigration reform.  The only proposal I saw that made any sort of sense was the GWB proposal from 2007, which was killed by the Extreme Left and Extreme Right, you know the loudest people in our Political parties today.
What was the question exactly?

Yall, chrispy has already established that he is an awful person. why you continue to engage him is beyond me. he is a shit human being. 

Yep. He may not be forced to cross a river with his daughter to escape an even worse situation but she has to live with him as her father.

I feel sorry for her.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

I know it’s En Vogue to blame America, but it seems El Salvador disagrees. 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/salvadoran-president-says-his-country-is-to-blame-for-migrant-drowning-in-rio-grande.amp

They would be alive if America lived up to its standards.

Instead, it is cruel for cruelty's sake, which is living up to its history.

Edited by David Dennison

On 6/28/2019 at 9:53 AM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So I have an actual question.  These folks are coming from Central America, so countries that are SOUTH of Mexico.  If they are in fear of their life, why are they not applying for Asylum in the FIRST country whose border they cross?  It seems like that should be the protocol.  Am I missing something here?

they're required to request asylum in the first safe country they come to.  there's no standard as to what is considered safe, and a lot of people don't think mexico is particularly safe.  some countries have agreements that designate one as a safe country.  for example, canada has one with the US whereby people crossing the US have to apply here before attempting to get to canada. the US does not currently have one with mexico (unless something changed very recently)

npr segment:

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/07/730758930/what-a-safe-third-country-agreement-between-the-u-s-and-mexico-would-entail

Edited by elfenix

24 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yep. He may not be forced to cross a river with his daughter to escape an even worse situation but she has to live with him as her father.

I feel sorry for her.

As long as she doesn’t end up living in Alabama, I’ll consider it a job well done.  

• Fuck You 3

jesus. these look like the beginnings of the 'refugee camps' that end up 10s of thousands. 

when is someone going to make it in there with a hidden camera? or an agent come forward that finally realizes what's happening and speaks out?