DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

3 minutes ago, Equinox said:

It's very simple- don't try to come into the country illegally, and your family won't be separated.

I eagerly await your next faux outrage.

Yeah, don't be a little kid who was born outside of the US whose parents think they could gain a better life here and you won't end up separated from them! Go fucking tie your dick to a cinder block and throw it off your roof you piece of shit.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Yeah, don't be a little kid who was born outside of the US whose parents think they could gain a better life here and you won't end up separated from them! Go fucking tie your dick to a cinder block and throw it off your roof you piece of shit.

Same old, same old. So if I want a better life I should come kick your door in and squat in your living room?

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

Own it.  Let your inner deplorable sing!  Shine on you crazy fucking diamond.

And there is nothing "faux" about my outrage.  Unlike Republicans, who wail and gnash their teeth about "baby murderin' Dems" and then pass policy to fuck over poor children any chance they get.

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Own it.  Let your inner deplorable sing!  Shine on you crazy fucking diamond.

And there is nothing "faux" about my outrage.  Unlike Republicans, who wail and gnash their teeth about "baby murderin' Dems" and then pass policy to fuck over poor children any chance they get.

Stahp bammer chick. 

17 minutes ago, Equinox said:

It's very simple- don't try to come into the country illegally, and your family won't be separated.

If these people coming in illegally were Jews fleeing Nazi Germany, how would you feel about separating the children from the parents and giving them identification numbers?

How would you feel about sending them back to Nazi Germany? 

It’s the law right?

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

You know what is kinda sad? Most of them are wanting to pass through to get to Canada now. If that isn't an sign that we lost the "greatest country on earth" status then I don't know what does. They know they have better opportunity in Canada where they won't have to look over their shoulders all the time if they bust their ass and contribute. Gringos like Equinox tend to get ugly when they feel their power and privilege threatened  and tend to reach for the bedsheets and torches.

Just now, burntorangebongos said:

You know what is kinda sad? Most of them are wanting to pass through to get to Canada now. If that isn't an sign that we lost the "greatest country on earth" status then I don't know what does. They know they have better opportunity in Canada where they won't have to look over their shoulders all the time if they bust their ass and contribute. Gringos like Equinox tend to get ugly when they feel their power and privilege threatened  and tend to reach for the bedsheets and torches.

You're lazy, intellectually. You feel threatened so you reach for your baseless charges of racism, white privilege, etc. Do you even know what my race is?

What really cracks me up in this endless debate is the fact that I have the same positions that Clinton and Obama had when they were running for president. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

hahahaha, I don't care. I know that you are cold and unsympathetic to others that those of privilege and power tend to be due to their status. I assumed gringo but maybe I"m wrong and you are just the type who likes to lick boots to belong. Whatever, it don't make a shit.

Also, their policy in practice didn't live up to their campaign rhetoric, did it?

24 minutes ago, Equinox said:

You're lazy, intellectually. You feel threatened so you reach for your baseless charges of racism, white privilege, etc. Do you even know what my race is?

What really cracks me up in this endless debate is the fact that I have the same positions that Clinton and Obama had when they were running for president. 

shit stain? i bet it is shit stain. your arguments are illogical and inhumane. but hey, if that is the amerikkka you want, go for it. doesn't mean you aren't a piece of shit and our country is better off without you contributing to the gene pool.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, achooloco said:

shit stain? i bet it is shit stain. your arguments are illogical and inhumane. but hey, if that is the amerikkka you want, go for it. doesn't mean you aren't a piece of shit and our country is better off without you contributing to the gene pool.

People with your mindset will get Trump elected again. Congratulations.

• Like 1

Husband to wife: “stop making me hit you! This is all your fault!”

Keep being Trumpy. Like the rest of us acting any differently would change things - y’all are gonna re-elect him no matter what.
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, Equinox said:

people with your mindset should rot in hell. no morals, no ethics, not in my America. so in all sincerity, blow me. or get out of my country.  your pick. we don't need your kind that abuse children around here. being american used to mean something, but your treatment of kids makes it trashy. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

Theory: this is a result of a large portion of this generation being the first to do worse than their parents in a long time and compounded by seeing they are doing worse than the technological yoots, who’ve adapted to the economy they have no idea how to participate in.

The general anger caused by this has calloused everyone to hurting others.  People enjoy a heel turn when they are down.  It gives them power over something which they have been missing being left behind by those before them and passed up by those after.  

4 hours ago, Equinox said:

This is 100% true.  Voters are effectively interviewing someone for a job and have no idea how to choose the correct person for the position.  So they are susceptible to the dumbest influences possible.  And it’s exactly what Trump has done all his life. Why do MLMs feed on morons?  Why does Trump University have to be sued to protect imbeciles who can’t help but be duped? Because they are morons.  Because they are imbeciles.  And they’ll vote for him again for reasons like “this guy doesn’t respect my opinion on all these globally important issues just because I’m uneducated and have never displayed a modicum of ability at complex thought.  I’ll teach him!”

Such idiocy. The Republicans were outraged by that Elian story, with Tom Delay famously referencing the "jack booted thugs". The Republicans in the Senate launched hearings over it to criticize Reno and the Clinton Administration. 

I guess if you call them hypocrites, they'll just respond with more what aboutism and call the Democrats hypocrites too. 

We live in stupid times. 

Edited by TornACL

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Look who got their talking points!

Hey don’t forget the dems supported slavery too! Lots of black families separated in that deal. 

So what if we’re ripping a 5 year old away from his parents. He’s only a Brown after all. Not one of us. 

On 5/1/2018 at 5:24 PM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Also, my favorite part of ending DACA is, “they’re not sending their best.  They’re bringing crime.  They’re rapists.” So let’s make sure we are going after the educated non-criminals.  

That settles it.

Deport Art Briles.

10 hours ago, Equinox said:

Sometimes Salty Sailor gots to seperate the families.

Get the fuck on outta here with yo brown ass! 

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

There simply has to be a better way. 

Agree.  What is the better way in terms of this immediate crisis?

You stop prosecuting people who are crossing the border with children?

You release every person who crosses the border with a child on bail into the country?

You put the children in the same cell with their parent while they await trial?

You ship them back to their fucked up country of origin?

You can create some perverse incentives that make things worse. 

The whole immigration system is fucked up and politicians gonna politic the issue instead of do something to fix it. Bush had some of teh right ideas. You see how far that got. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Oh, and of those options I think shipping the family unit back to their country of origin is probably the best of a bunch of bad solutions. 

I agree it's not an easy solution to find, but I think literally anything is better than the cowardly manipulative approach selected by our president. 

The worst part is that none of the decision making is being done with any consideration of the people affected. It's simply "how can we use this".

Since Trump has zero empathy in his soul, he sees issues like this as an opportunity for leverage. It's disgusting and shameful. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 1

Just now, TornACL said:

I agree it's not an easy solution to find, but I think literally anything is better than the cowardly manipulative approach selected by our president. 

Since Trump has zero empathy in his soul, he sees issues like this as an opportunity for leverage. It's disgusting and shameful. 

Agree 100%. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Agree.  What is the better way in terms of this immediate crisis?

You stop prosecuting people who are crossing the border with children?

You release every person who crosses the border with a child on bail into the country?

You put the children in the same cell with their parent while they await trial?

You ship them back to their fucked up country of origin?

You can create some perverse incentives that make things worse. 

The whole immigration system is fucked up and politicians gonna politic the issue instead of do something to fix it. Bush had some of teh right ideas. You see how far that got. 

The problem is the manipulation and ignorance of facts surrounding immigration.

First, we actually need the labor.  There are currently more jobs available than workers to fill them.

Second, immigrants (legal and illegal) are a net positive on the economy.

Third, immigrants (legal or illegal) are less likely to be incarcerated for criminal behavior than a natural born citizen.

I’m all for border security but there needs to be a streamlined process to allow people to come into the country without fear of persecution and contribute to the country if that’s what they want to do.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The problem is the manipulation and ignorance of facts surrounding immigration.

First, we actually need the labor.  There are currently more jobs available than workers to fill them.

Second, immigrants (legal and illegal) are a net positive on the economy.

Third, immigrants (legal or illegal) are less likely to be incarcerated for criminal behavior than a natural born citizen.

I’m all for border security but there needs to be a streamlined process to allow people to come into the country and contribute to the country if that’s what they want to do.

Unfortunately, Republicans are aware that racist immigration policies appeal to their base. Conversely, it repels most Americans. They are walking a tricky political tightrope.

I have a solution.  Trump should just pardon all of the parents from the misdemeanor illegal entry offense, which the evil Democrats have forced against his wishes.   Then he can reunite the families as he so clearly desires, and process their deportation through the immigration system. 

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Unfortunately, Republicans are aware that racist immigration policies appeal to their base. Conversely, it repels most Americans. They are walking a tricky political tightrope.

They also don’t want these brown people or their kids anywhere near a ballot box.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They also don’t want these brown people or their kids anywhere near a ballot box.

They might win some battles, but they are losing the war. It might get better as some of their old white voters die off, but the GOP's current messaging is atrocious. I am of the opinion that it's going to lose them a few generations of younger and newer Americans. I view Donald Trump's ascendancy and domination of the party as its death rattle.

First, why are they not seeking asylum in any of the other countries they pass through on their way to the US? Second, what is wrong with them staying in Mexico while awaiting their court date? Right now Mexico gives them a temporary visas but they sure as hell do not want them to stay there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

First, why are they not seeking asylum in any of the other countries they pass through on their way to the US? Second, what is wrong with them staying in Mexico while awaiting their court date? Right now Mexico gives them a temporary visas but they sure as hell do not want them to stay there. 

Well because of the drug war and our presidents rhetoric, they are shitholes.   But let’s act more like shitholes and slap tariffs on because it makes you feel bigly, but it also makes it less likely that people want to come here.  

5 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

“Give me your tired, your poor, 
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, 
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. 
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: 
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

That's why.

7 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

Because we used to be a better country than those other ones. Not anymore though thanks  to trump and the brown hating trumpkins. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1