DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

Just now, TornACL said:

You seem to want to have a real conversation, and then you throw out this weak sauce. 

Be a better person. 

Just following the example of this thread. Bama Chick has no desire to enter into any kind of productive conversation, so I responded in kind.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Just following the example of this thread. Bama Chick has no desire to enter into any kind of productive conversation, so I responded in kind.

Well you could have just answered the question, about why kid camps are good for America.

Just now, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

The careful parsing aside, the policy of separating children from their parents for misdemeanor of illegal border crossing and the non-crime of asylum seeking is a new policy enacted by the Trump administration.

Yes, and with most things with Trump it's having it's desired affects. Two bills currently working their way through Congress that address immigration.

Just now, TornACL said:

Well you could have just answered the question, about why kid camps are good for America.

There are no good solutions currently. Them being in jail with their parents is equally horrifying and exposes them to more dangerous characters.

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

The careful parsing aside, the policy of separating children from their parents for misdemeanor of illegal border crossing and the non-crime of asylum seeking is a new policy enacted by the Trump administration.

The trolls on this thread want to talk about anything else besides that. 

1 minute ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:
6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:
You are not worth the trouble. I'm actually glad you are too fucking selfish to be a foster parent, these kids are probably better off where they are than with someone like you.

This is as fucking stupid as insinuating those who oppose abortion should shut up unless they foster/adopt kids.

If you say so. Bitching about something is so more effective than having skin in the game.

Just now, TornACL said:

People have been saying this about immigration since at LEAST the Potato Famine. 

Yes, but these are endless differences today vs those points in history. 

Most people don't realize that many people returned to their home countries because they couldn't make it here. There were no welfare programs for them. 

It was also expected that you became an American and assimilate into our culture.  There was no 'Press 1 for German".  You were expected to learn English and become an American.

America had the need for people and labor.  At this point we're 'importing' poorly educated, and unskilled labor...just as automation is going to replace a great deal of those types jobs.  But we will still have endless welfare programs...which if nothing else all their kids will be eligible for.  We have $21 trillion in debt...we can't afford those costs....that's unsustainable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:
4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:
Yes, and with most things with Trump it's having it's desired affects. Two bills currently working their way through Congress that address immigration.

Bills that would stop what I just described wasn't previously happening?

I have no idea, having a 0 tolerance policy on illegal border crossings has many undesired consequences. I'm not sure what these bills say about the current policy, when they come up for a vote I will study them. My guess is that they may address the enforcement policy.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Let’s not forget our “law and order” President and his whole family was busted by the state of New York for embezzling money from a charity last week...perhaps their kids need to be separated from them. 

Do you know how the law works in America?

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Do you know how the law works in America?

What we are currently doing with these illegal immigrants is not a law, it is the president's policy. Stop pretending it's a law and maybe you can have an honest conversation for once in your life.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

I would bet a C-130 to Central America would be cheaper than holding any of them.

Give them rides home...problem solved.

How are all of the corporations that have a piece of the immigration detention system supposed to hand out bonuses to their CEOs if you cut into their revenue stream?

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Maybe if you know the news reported on the Obama policy with the same fervor they are doing now, we'd all know for sure.

I'm sure FOX would be blasting those images everywhere right now.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

How are all of the corporations that have a piece of the immigration detention system supposed to hand out bonuses to their CEOs if you cut into their revenue stream?

Don't forget all the ones that directly profit from illegal immigrant labor and funnel money to the GOP.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

What we are currently doing with these illegal immigrants is not a law, it is the president's policy. Stop pretending it's a law and maybe you can have an honest conversation for once in your life.

We are prosecuting all illegal border crossings no exceptions. Personally we should catch them, and immediately put them on a plane back to their country of origin. No sense in wasting money on a trial.

7 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

Yes, but these are endless differences today vs those points in history. 

Most people don't realize that many people returned to their home countries because they couldn't make it here. There were no welfare programs for them. 

It was also expected that you became an American and assimilate into our culture.  There was no 'Press 1 for German".  You were expected to learn English and become an American.

America had the need for people and labor.  At this point we're 'importing' poorly educated, and unskilled labor...just as automation is going to replace a great deal of those types jobs.  But we will still have endless welfare programs...which if nothing else all their kids will be eligible for.  We have $21 trillion in debt...we can't afford those costs....that's unsustainable.

What I always find interesting, and I am not accusing you specifically of this, is that native xenophobes frequently project their own fears by claiming that immigrants aren't "assimilating". 

And that projection has been used as justification for a lot of mistreatment of immigrants for centuries. Not just here. 

While there are certainly some differences, the heart of the issue has remained virtually unchanged. 

Stephen Miller is only 32. I’m sure his extensive political background made him feel like there would be no blowback on this change in policy.   I’m sure his Jewish background gave him the insight to see that the Catholics and some of the other large Christian groups would be just fine with this.  I’m sure his extensive romantic history, and his large family with a wife who loves their kids would make him think it was no big deal. 

Kinda hard to type that without chuckling. 

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

What I always find interesting, and I am not accusing you specifically of this, is that native xenophobes frequently project their own fears by claiming that immigrants aren't "assimilating". 

And that projection has been used as justification for a lot of mistreatment of immigrants for centuries. Not just here. 

While there are certainly some differences, the heart of the issue has remained virtually unchanged.  

I'm not for mistreatment of anyone.

I'm also not in favor of societal suicide. 

You cannot have unchecked immigration...it doesn't work.

We are prosecuting all illegal border crossings no exceptions. Personally we should catch them, and immediately put them on a plane back to their country of origin. No sense in wasting money on a trial.
This is the epitome of what those who opposed Trump feared and what those who supported Trump assured wouldn't happen once he assumed power. You're confirming those who opposed Trump were right. Maybe we could release with ankle bracelets until trial. I hear 2 just became recently available.

5 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

I'm not for mistreatment of anyone.

I'm also not in favor of societal suicide. 

You cannot have unchecked immigration...it doesn't work.

No one has argued in favor of that. I am telling you, you're making virtually the exact same arguments that they were making in Boston in 1850.

Take that for what it's worth. 

2 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Just to clarify, taking migrant children away from their parents and storing them in an abandoned Wal-Mart is an extra thing that is different from not giving illegal immigrants a free pass into the country.

But if you DON'T cage brown children, what's next? Letting them run willy nilly all over the country? Where does it end???? 

7 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Just to clarify, taking migrant children away from their parents and storing them in an abandoned Wal-Mart is an extra thing that is different from not giving illegal immigrants a free pass into the country.

Thought it was posted earlier, but waiting for Trump to go off on Laura Bush. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/laura-bush-separating-children-from-their-parents-at-the-border-breaks-my-heart/2018/06/17/f2df517a-7287-11e8-9780-b1dd6a09b549_story.html?tid=pm_pop_b