DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

Just now, Anastasis said:

Did you?  In both cases I see the rein being applied to the horse.  You are the one that said "Yeah, a white man whipping a black man from a horse with the reins is a much better look."  I didn't see that in the video but ok. 

I didn't see a rein make contact with anyone (despite the Al Jazeera suggestion that it did) either.  But I did see two officers clearly spinning their reins threatening to whip several people.  So, ok.

• Like 1

if only there were some sort of mechanism by which you could separate out people who are willing to start a long and arduous process that involves a lot of personal sacrifice, even danger, shows that one is a self-starter, a hard worker, and can envision a goal and work to accomplish it.  i bet that would be a great at determining if someone can be successful or not. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m just excited for the boon of economic activity and taxes these folks will provide for our country. What an economic windfall, we are truly blessed. Don’t know why y’all have to be whipping this, roping that, cracker cracker negative fuckers. 

Are you under the impression immigrants don’t pay taxes or get jobs?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

I’m under the impression the ones that I pay only take cash, which I’m sure they paying their income tax on.  They just want cash for…reasons. 

So you continue to do the anecdotal thing instead of looking at the data which show that 50-75% of undocumented immigrants pay local, state, and federal taxes. They also have to buy things which means they pay taxes. 

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

In this timeline, I'd be interested to find out if the right-wing (GOP or Rupert Murdoch) financed this latest run to the border by Haitian refugees.  Certainly curious that it has come to a head during the first year of the Biden admin.

I came here to say that the logistics of this wave of immigrants seems...off.  Why the fuck are these people in Del Rio?  How did they get there?  It makes no sense.  Presumably, they took a boat or a plane from Haiti to Mexico. They didn't fly to Ciudad Acuna, so they either took buses or were loaded in semi-trucks all from a single point of origin.  

Let's say they took a boat across the gulf (see below).  Can someone explain this to me?  I'm not usually into conspiracies, but If I were a corrupt party that runs on fear on the verge of losing a bunch of my voting population, I'd be looking for ways to drum up support

image (1).png

Edited by Biff Tannen

9 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

So the claim is that these are not earthquake refugees then?  That large earthquake was on August 14th.  That would be a fucking incredible journey over over 3000 miles in barely a month.  

Edited by Biff Tannen
Read the full article and see that they claim it has been years in the making.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

So the claim is that these are not earthquake refugees then?  That large earthquake was on August 14th.  That would be a fucking incredible journey over over 3000 miles in barely a month.  

The larger earthquake from 11 years ago displaced over 1.5 million people and killed 250,000. So, some Haitians have been without a country for a decade and have little resource in Haiti as the corruption and disaster upon disaster have taken a toll. The leader being assassinated has ratcheted up the instability.

^ I was trying to answer my wife’s question: why is this happening now? Why are Haitians in Texas and not Florida? Saw that tweet; I’ll go with AP until I learn they are wrong.

Edited to add that my wife isn’t buying the explanation. Thinks this is next level ratfuckery, or political shenanigans. 

But, those folks include families.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Explained

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Not trying to downplay the plight at all, fyi.  Just weird that this is all happening now.  DHS Sec seems to agree:

It might be as simple as a rumor spread that US offices at that crossing were more generous in their refugee determination, or something like that.  It might also be something sinister, but odds are, it's an organic decision based on a hodgepodge of information, much of it likely inaccurate.

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It might be as simple as a rumor spread that US offices at that crossing were more generous in their refugee determination, or something like that.  It might also be something sinister, but odds are, it's an organic decision based on a hodgepodge of information, much of it likely inaccurate.

That was partly my point, even if it weren't funded by a sinister group, the disinformation could have been planted/spread by a bad actor.   I'm bringing this up, because the "crisis" has been front and center not only on the Fox national shows, but also every single day on the local Fox affiliates.  Almost like it was planned.

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

That's all nice Brisket, but have you considered the cost to the rest of us? Thanks to America letting you in, we have to put up with all these fucking words in your posts. There's just too many.

Counterpoint: Steel Shank and I are responsible for keeping the canned nacho cheese and other awful snack food industries afloat.  You're welcome, America.

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

My wife’s father’s parents met and married in Torreón. Lived there until Villa, himself, warned them to gtfo.

Villa's boys are the ones who put a price on our heads.  My grandfather, a young boy at the time in CDMX, had free run of the city with less risk than adults.  Family legend is that he was milling about in an adjacent room when the famous group photo with Zapata was taken in the national palace.  Of course, that would put the timeline of our family fleeing CDMX sometime in 2014 (the year of that photo).  A lot of rumor and such in the family history from that era, who knows what's true?

Also, we had a sandwich guy in Gomez Palacio (adjacent to Torreon) -- great roasted pork tortas from a street cart, we picked them up for lunch every time we passed through on the way to the ranch.

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Let’s live in your fairytale world that they all do, and you’ve got all the facts.  Net benefit to our tax, school, and healthcare system or no. 

I’m sure some research would yield you some answers. Or you can continue posting your uninformed nonsense. They pay billions of dollars into government programs that they will never be eligible to use. Now do the same for the wealthy in this country.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

It’s up to them and their moral compass to pay what they owe. 

typical asshole who complains and bitches about immigrants, but has no issue hiring them because they will do the job better and cheaper.

quit being a hypocrite and hire only americans and pay them much more, with a check

Edited by El Tri
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Tri said:

typical asshole who complains and bitches about immigrants, but has no issue hiring them because they will do the job better and cheaper.

quit being a hypocrite and hire only americans and pay them with a check

I have no problem with immigrants. But maybe we can mix in some fucking doctors and lawyer immigrants? There’s 10 lawn and maid crews in my neighborhood everyday, think we’ve got that covered.  

America.  Will bulldoze (literally for you voters in Austin) our own poor to make room for more poor.    

Edited by fattyflattie

Just now, fattyflattie said:

I have no problem with immigrants. But maybe we can mix in some fucking doctors and lawyer immigrants? There’s 10 lawn and maid crews in my neighborhood everyday, think we’ve got that covered.  

America.  Will bulldoze (literally for you voters in Austin) our own poor to make room for more poor.    

You're missing the point - you're shirking on paying taxes for your labor by exploiting immigrants and paying them less and in cash. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Captainant said:

You're missing the point - you're shirking on paying taxes for your labor by exploiting immigrants and paying them less and in cash. 

Like I said, am I if he does what he is legally and morally supposed to do?  Anymore than someone you buy goods from deciding they aren’t going to pay taxes that year?  I give him money, whether he obeys the law is not my choice.  Hard to assume they are considering they started off the American dream by breaking it. 

Just what we need. More lawyers.
  • Haha 1