DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

11 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Let's all pretend this separating kids from parents policy has nothing to do with those parents legally seeking asylum. 

Beto when he went on Chris Hayes's show last night said that many of these people are going to asylum points and being turned away and told to try again later. The areas outside of these checkpoints have a large cartel presence who are often holding these people hostage, therefore many of these people are choosing to illegally cross the border because they can't just simply wait indefinitely to try and apply legally.

To me it really doesn't matter how you come into this country if you're trying to find work. We have a family of possible questionable legal status that live across the street from us that are from Guatemala. I was talking to the elderly neighbor who lives next to them, she was saying their youngest daughter, roughly 3, recently told her that she's scared they'll be sent back home and that she loves and wants to continue living in America. Really pissed me off considering all these people are doing is hard manual labor since they can't speak much english and trying to provide for their families.

• Like 2

Curious if people who are OK with this are of a mindset that would have always been fine with this kind of thing being policy, or are metaphorical frogs having their spirit boiled.

I don’t care if it’s asylum seekers or people just looking for a better life. Don’t care about what Clinton did in the ‘90s as a member of what party. It’s not hard to distinguish right from wrong in most cases, and certainly not in this one.

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Try putting out some real actual sympathy.  

That’s not part of the troll playbook though. 

He wants to know how you feel and would be really happy if you would just post some original thoughts on the subject of taking a 5 year old away from his parents. 

Pretty please? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

1000% the problem. Open borders or nothing.  You absolve the parent completely for putting their child in that position in the first place. You absolve Mexico and the countries they passed through as well. 

Why are illegal immigrants >> than minority Americans?  Where is your hill top for all of the American children separated from their parents from the criminal justice system (Kaepernick)?  We already can’t or don’t help those in most need  in our country but you want to double the problem. 

As long as one side will only approach the issue with emotional antidotes we will never fix our broken system. Those in power to make the policy and those who champion the cause turn a blind eye and insult the Americans already suffering today. 

Why are you ok with separating American families but not illegal immigrants?  How much extra have you contributed in taxes to cover the cost?  How many people live in you 3000sq ft home?  It’s easy to play white knight when your standard of living is in zero jeopardy. Everyone seems to agree that low skilled and manual labor jobs are rapidly disappearing, but we want to flood the country with more of these workers??  It is pure fucking insanity. It seems you won’t be happy until it’s the .1% and the rest on welfare. 

This is the best post in this thread.  It’s a lose-lose.  Crossing illegally is not ok.  Separating children from par nets is not ok.  So where, exactly is the answer.  It’s more complicated than we accept.  But the administration’s approach has failed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Try putting out some real actual sympathy.  

I assure you my sympathy is genuine. I felt the discussion was decent enough, then your synapses started misfiring and your posts became concerning. 

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

That’s not part of the troll playbook though. 

He wants to know how you feel and would be really happy if you would just post some original thoughts on the subject of taking a 5 year old away from his parents. 

Pretty please? 

You type a lot of words and say very little, it’s actually quite remarkable. I posited my position and have zero idea where you stand on the matter; I suppose I never will. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

You type a lot of words and say very little, it’s actually quite remarkable. I posited my position and have zero idea where you stand on the matter; I suppose I never will. 

I will reveal my position to you on this matter on your deathbed. After which you will receive total consciousness. Which is nice. 

BTW. The projection bit. That’s a nice touch. It’s really quite remarkable. Your employer may be underestimating your talents. 

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

I assure you my sympathy is genuine. I felt the discussion was decent enough, then your synapses started misfiring and your posts became concerning. 

Geezuz. What a load of shit. Totally NOT credible trolling. Try again pardner. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I will reveal my position to you on this matter on your deathbed. After which you will receive total consciousness. Which is nice. 

BTW. The projection bit. That’s a nice touch. It’s really quite remarkable. Your employer may be underestimating your talents. 

Feigning to be at a nonplus is beneath me, so I’ll take you’re noncommittal response in the form of an answer. Godspeed. 

6 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Feigning to be at a nonplus is beneath me, so I’ll take you’re noncommittal response in the form of an answer. Godspeed. 

What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
Brett: What?
Jules Winnfield: What country you from?
Jules Winnfield: 'What' ain't no country I ever heard of, do they speak English in 'What'?
Jules Winnfield: English, mother fucker, do you speak it?

This is the best post in this thread.  It’s a lose-lose.  Crossing illegally is not ok.  Separating children from par nets is not ok.  So where, exactly is the answer.  It’s more complicated than we accept.  But the administration’s approach has failed.

Oh I don’t know, maybe read a fucking book and understand just how complicit we are in the situation in Latin America the effects of our War on Drugs and the general effects of our insatiable appetites and greed?
Then maybe have a meaningful dialogue on policy to right our collective wrongs upon the region?

Or separate Families seeking asylum from our mess and declare them criminals and look like assholes.
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

We require that people cross the border border before asking for asylum, so it should not be illegal to cross the border and ask for asylum. Asking for asylum should not be a crime.

We encouraged bringing children over, some with individuals simply claiming to be parents, by detaining individuals immediately but realesing families caught to appear at a later time. No detention. 

Caught by self?  Sent to a holding facility. 

Caught with a child?  Realsed to the public to appear at a future court date. Gone. 

Out policies increased the odds of a successful crossing if you brought your children. Previous administration policy. 

• Fuck You 1

We encouraged bringing children over, some with individuals simply claiming to be parents, by detaining individuals immediately but realesing families caught to appear at a later time. No detention. 

Caught with a child?  Realsed to the public to appear at a future court date. Gone. 

Out policies increased the odds of a successful crossing if you brought your children. Previous administration policy. 

When you make children a get out of jail free policy, you are begging for this situation. 

• Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

When you make children a get out of jail free policy, you are begging for this situation. 

If last night you caught a case of diahrea after eating a bowl of chili, stupid fuckers like you would somehow find a way to blame that on Obama. 

“Hey Bob. Felt like crap last night. Ya see Obama forced the cattle ranchers back in 2015 to feed diahrea inducing feed to the cattle which apparently I ate last night and gave me the runs. We really never should have put that n*gger in the White House.”

Trumps policies are ripping those families apart. Not Obama. Hell, sessions and sanders said the Bible said it was ok. Stop acting like an ass. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, Stringer said:

For Father’s Day, we contributed to RAICES Family Reunification and Bond Fund.  They seem legit and need help now more than ever.  Throw some money their way if you feel passionate about this:

https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/bondfund?source=direct_link&

Awesome!

Edited by GSU&UT

12 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Shut up troll.

• Fuck You 3

The shit hole countries were shit holes long before America started buying drugs. Quit giving criminal governments a pass because you hate Trump.

Close the fucking border now, close asylum check points now, send all of these people back where they came from and worry more about black and brown Americans and not black and brown non-Americans.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, TSipper said:

You seem like a bleeding heart that wouldn't take in a single illegal family but just wants to rant and yell because you hate Trump. Well, get used to Trump, he ain't going anywhere because we want the border closed.

You don't know what any of us would do, but we know that you support government abuse of children.  Being proud of that doesn't make it any better. 

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

You don't know what any of us would do, but we know that you support government abuse of children.  Being proud of that doesn't make it any better. 

Not letting people into this country illegally is abuse? Go fuck yourself. These people have a country, maybe they should stay there and work to make that one better.

The only foreigners that hate America are the ones already here, the rest are apparently, willing to rob, rape and kill to get in. 

Close the border down, Donald!

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, TSipper said:

Not letting people into this country illegally is abuse? Go fuck yourself. These people have a country, maybe they should stay there and work to make that one better.

The only foreigners that hate America are the ones already here, the rest are apparently, willing to rob, rape and kill to get in. 

You support ripping toddlers and babies from their parents for a misdemeanor offense.  Rationalize it all you want —that's who you are. 

3 minutes ago, TSipper said:

How many foreigners do you know? Personally?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

You support ripping toddlers and babies from their parents for a misdemeanor offense.  Rationalize it all you want —that's who you are. 

I support sending a clear message to the entire world that you kidnapping a kid, bringing it to the border and then claiming that your spouse is beating the shit out of you is not a method to get into America. You act like we don't have domestic violence here or something.

Tell the entire world, STAY THE FUCK OUT.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How many foreigners do you know? Personally?

I know quite a few that have been made wage slaves by the H1-b visa programs, are you ok with slavery as long as the people don't look like you?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah that mom and her 5 year old are really looking to rob, rape and kill to get in. 

Are you sure that's her kid? How do you know, did you see a birth certificate? Was Povich on the border doing DNA tests? 

You know fuck all about who that kid belongs to and if that is the mother or not.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, TSipper said:

I support sending a clear message to the entire world that you kidnapping a kid, bringing it to the border and then claiming that your spouse is beating the shit out of you is not a method to get into America. You act like we don't have domestic violence here or something.

Tell the entire world, STAY THE FUCK OUT.

In other words, you'll lie to support your policy of the government ripping children away from their parents.  

It's very telling that you use the most extreme examples to support your position. Or that you think all of the people looking to get in are lying. Says quite a lot of about you. But hey, at least Trump is keeping out your bogeyman and ripping away their children. That won't come to bite us in the ass in a decade. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

In other words, you'll lie to support your policy of the government ripping children away from their parents.  

Absolutely! Send those people back where they came from. Crying children do not move me, we have crying brown children in America, white libs just don't give a fuck about them.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2