DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

And Che, what have we done to destabilize Central America in recent years to cause this uptick?  

fucking bullshit. Obama develops a dumbass catch and release policy for those caught with kids. And so of course word gets back and every border jumper has a kid with them as their golden ticket.  

This problem was largely created by the last president.  Encouraging illegal immigration with kids. You break it, you buy it. No telling how many are laying dead as coyote bait in the Mexican desert that could’ve been avoided.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

From NYT this weekend:

Inside the Trump administration, current and former officials say, there is considerable unease about the policy, which is regarded by some charged with carrying it out as unfeasible in practice and questionable morally. Kirstjen Nielsen, the current homeland security secretary, has clashed privately with Mr. Trump over the practice, sometimes inviting furious lectures from the president that have pushed her to the brink of resignation.

Maybe she's trying to be technically correct, but disingenuous or something? Since the families would be separated after they cross the border and are caught? 

16 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

We have no one to blame but ourselves for this situation. Our policies of not having a reasonable guest worker program, allowing illegals to pour through the borders, sanctuary status, & humanitarian efforts to comfort do nothing but encourage people to continue to break our laws and put themselves at risk.  Catch and release is exactly why so many kids are now being trafficked across our border.  

Hell, I'll partially agree with you on this, but the ounce of prevention phase ended when Reagan granted amnesty and we're decades into the pound of cure phase. Additionally, some policies that I believe would at least reduce the conditions that entice illegal immigration (federal living wage law, mandatory e-verify, more progressive tax structure reducing the rewards of labor costs slashing) are outside the Overton Window due to opposition from the right of the political spectrum and the corporate wing of the Democratic Party.

Apparently the GOP and or the trumpkins are ok with having our American government comparable to the Mexican government. That’s now an ok standard. 

What’s next on the GOP/trumpkin agenda?  Narco control of certain US regions and nationalization of the oil industry? 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Why do you care so much about illegal immigration? 

Enough to be complicit in state sponsored child abuse?

Because.   .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001  percent of the total amount he personally pays in taxes goes towards jailing illegals and dealing with their issues. So of course he’s super duper pissed about that. Or at least Fox News propaganda and the traitors/gop told him he should be. 

Hes just concerned is all. 

Our schools failed him and millions of others. TV stepped in and filled the void. 

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (RNS) — The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops opened its spring meeting this week with a stern reproach of the Trump administration’s latest immigration policies, with the group’s president suggesting the new rules on asylum are a “right to life” issue.

Some bishops followed by urging protests, including “canonical penalties” for those who carry out the administration’s new rules.

Within minutes of opening the USCCB’s biannual meeting in Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday (June 13), Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, president of the USCCB and archbishop of Galveston-Houston, read aloud a statement deeply critical of Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ recent announcement regarding asylum qualifications.

“At its core, asylum is an instrument to preserve the right to life,” DiNardo said, reading from the statement. “The Attorney General’s recent decision elicits deep concern because it potentially strips asylum from many women who lack adequate protection.

“This decision negates decades of precedents that have provided protection to women fleeing domestic violence,” DiNardo continued. “We urge courts and policy makers to respect and enhance, not erode, the potential of our asylum system to preserve and protect the right to life.”

On Monday, Sessions reversed an immigration appeals court decision granting asylum to a Salvadoran woman who had claimed domestic abuse in her home country. His ruling effectively overturned an Obama administration practice of allowing women with credible claims of domestic abuse or those fleeing gang violence to seek asylum in the United States.  

DiNardo also criticized the Trump administration’s “zero-tolerance” policy, announced in May, which calls for prosecuting all those who cross the border illegally and separating children immigrating with parents from their families.

“Our government has the discretion in our laws to ensure that young children are not separated from their parents and exposed to irreparable harm and trauma. Families are the foundational element of our society and they must be able to stay together,” DiNardo said. 

“Separating babies from their mothers is not the answer and is immoral,” he added.

When he finished, DiNardo asked bishops to clap if they approved the statement. The room erupted in applause.

During a question-and-answer session about immigration issues later in the day, several bishops suggested bold strategies for countering the policies, including two from states along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Cardinal Joseph Tobin of Newark, N.J., proposed that a group of bishops be sent to the border to inspect the detention facilities where children are kept as a “sign of our pastoral concern and protest against the hardening of the American heart.” Bishop Oscar Cantú of Las Cruces, N.M., suggested “public gestures” such as prayer vigils in front of federal courthouses.

Bishop Edward Weisenburger of Tucson, Ariz., made a bolder suggestion, raising the possibility of implementing canonical penalties for Catholics “who are involved in this,” referring to children being separated from their families at the border. Canonical penalties can range from denial of sacraments to excommunication, though Weisenburger did not specify what he intended beyond referring to sanctions that already exist for “life issues.”

“Canonical penalties are there in place to heal,” Weisenburger said. “And therefore, for the salvation of these people’s souls, maybe it’s time for us to look at canonical penalties.”

The immigration policies have triggered widespread outcry from faith leaders across the religious spectrum, including Catholics. Sister Norma Pimentel, executive director of Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley who has been praised by Pope Francis for her work with migrants, told USA Todaythat separating families is “inhumane” and “cruel.” 

The bishops are meeting in Fort Lauderdale through Thursday.

https://religionnews.com/2018/06/13/catholic-bishops-rebuke-trumps-asylum-changes-suggest-policy-is-a-life-issue/

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

This problem was largely created by the last president.  Encouraging illegal immigration with kids. You break it, you buy it. No telling how many are laying dead as coyote bait in the Mexican desert that could’ve been avoided.  

No, Obama tried to keep them in family detention.  It was a court that put a stop to that.   Congress could override that.  Congress could also provide for a humane detention situation.  But the GOP Congress has done nothing and continues to do nothing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Go read a little history on Central America and our crimes and exploration there, then circle back you ignorant pos or troll.

Blah, blah, blah. The only crime committed on Central America was by the Catholic Church. Look through history, any Spanish, French or Portuguese colony and they are all shit holes. Catholicism is just this side of Islam in terms of tyrannical religious control. Obviously, would rather be in a Catholic country than an Islamic one, but Catholic ain't good.

But hey, keep America hating, fuck stain, that seems to be the accepted tone of this board.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

I hope pictures keep getting out in the media, drive the point home to anybody looking to come to this country that they are not welcome and that they should stay home after their husband beats the hell out of them. Take it up with the local police, don't bring that shit here.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

16 minutes ago, TSipper said:

I hope pictures keep getting out in the media, drive the point home to anybody looking to come to this country that they are not welcome and that they should stay home after their husband beats the hell out of them. Take it up with the local police, don't bring that shit here.

You are a piece of shit.  On Father's Day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TSipper said:

How about a policy that both acts as a safe harbor and allocates money to illegal aliens in the LA Unified school district while 75% of black boys and 68% of latino boys CAN'T FUCKING PASS A STANDARDIZED READING TEST? You do know what happens when a child grows up not knowing how to read, right? That's what the school-to-prison pipeline looks like, but again, all those Hillary voters don't give a FUCK about the minority boys and girls in the 2nd largest public school district in America.

But hey, I get it, you like fake outrage on social media because it makes you feel good with your wine drinking, white friends while you keep choosing foreigners over American citizens. I do not, but then again, I have non-white friends.

https://calmatters.org/articles/data-exclusive-75-of-black-california-boys-dont-meet-reading-standards/?utm_source=CALmatters+Newsletter&utm_campaign=e48c2e2fec-170501_Fight+over+labels+|How+African&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_faa7be558d-e48c2e2fec-150130881

http://laschoolreport.com/what-does-it-mean-that-lausd-is-a-safe-zone-from-immigration-officials/

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/class-size-lausd-overcrowding-complaint-district-334401371.htm

Perfect!  The "I have a black friend so I can be racist and say racist shit" response.  I'm honestly surprised you didn't finish with "but they're some of the good ones."

Edited by Tom

Full text of that article because it's important for people like her to speak up. Thank you, Mrs. Bush.

Laura Bush: Separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart’

2018-06-14T202044Z_1477336788_RC1387652360_RTRMADP_3_USA-IMMIGRATION-DETAINED-CHILDREN-2754.jpg?uuid=H2NogHKNEeiXgLHdagm1SQ
Young occupants of Casa Padre, an immigrant shelter for unaccompanied minors, in Brownsville, Tex., on June 14. (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services/Reuters)
By Laura BushJune 17 at 8:45 PM

Laura Bush is a former first lady of the United States.

On Sunday, a day we as a nation set aside to honor fathers and the bonds of family, I was among the millions of Americans who watched images of children who have been torn from their parents. In the six weeks between April 19 and May 31, the Department of Homeland Security has sent nearly 2,000 children to mass detention centers or foster care. More than 100 of these children are younger than 4 years old. The reason for these separations is a zero-tolerance policy for their parents, who are accused of illegally crossing our borders.

I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart.

Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history. We also know that this treatment inflicts trauma; interned Japanese have been two times as likely to suffer cardiovascular disease or die prematurely than those who were not interned.

Americans pride ourselves on being a moral nation, on being the nation that sends humanitarian relief to places devastated by natural disasters or famine or war. We pride ourselves on believing that people should be seen for the content of their character, not the color of their skin. We pride ourselves on acceptance. If we are truly that country, then it is our obligation to reunite these detained children with their parents — and to stop separating parents and children in the first place.

People on all sides agree that our immigration system isn’t working, but the injustice of zero tolerance is not the answer. I moved away from Washington almost a decade ago, but I know there are good people at all levels of government who can do better to fix this.

Recently, Colleen Kraft, who heads the American Academy of Pediatrics, visited a shelter run by the U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement. She reported that while there were beds, toys, crayons, a playground and diaper changes, the people working at the shelter had been instructed not to pick up or touch the children to comfort them. Imagine not being able to pick up a child who is not yet out of diapers.

Twenty-nine years ago, my mother-in-law, Barbara Bush, visited Grandma’s House, a home for children with HIV/AIDS in Washington. Back then, at the height of the HIV/AIDS crisis, the disease was a death sentence, and most babies born with it were considered “untouchables.” During her visit, Barbara — who was the first lady at the time — picked up a fussy, dying baby named Donovan and snuggled him against her shoulder to soothe him. My mother-in-law never viewed her embrace of that fragile child as courageous. She simply saw it as the right thing to do in a world that can be arbitrary, unkind and even cruel. She, who after the death of her 3-year-old daughter knew what it was to lose a child, believed that every child is deserving of human kindness, compassion and love.

In 2018, can we not as a nation find a kinder, more compassionate and more moral answer to this current crisis? I, for one, believe we can.

• Like 3

I don't see the connection between the kid camps and our decades of terrible immigration policy. 

Because our past administrations (it was long before Obama BTW) made the mess, this is ok? 

That's like burning your house down because the kitchen floor needs a mopping. 

Agree or disagree with the presidential administrations of the past 40 years, they were doing what they thought was right within the boundaries of our core American values. 

This administration shows time and again they don't give a fuck about those, nor do they care about the law. They are the law. It is absolute madness and I question the true patriotism of any American who is not at LEAST wary of where we go from here. 

The time for partisan pompom waving is over. What kind of country are we? We're supposed to be the standard bearer. 

And don't even try to present the false choice that it's either "let everyone in" or "throw children in cages". 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Dude, who gives a shit what already happened?  This is where we are and it’s fucking disgusting.  It needs to be fixed now. 

6 hours ago, TSipper said:

Didn't vote for Trump, but support his view on the border. I understand why you don't, though, white libs do not really support black and brown Americans, they just want to virtue signal that they do.

Neither do white conservatives such as yourself.

24 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

"These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history."

One of the most shameful episodes. Right up there with authorizing torture and locking people in jail for life without charge, eh Laura?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Neither do white conservatives such as yourself.

So far, I am the only one to articulate the damage being done to black and brown Americans by illegals. I would love for somebody to read through my links and tell me how exactly LA Unified, with a 75% reading failure rate for black boys and 68% for latino boys, is doing anything other than prepping these people for an early jail sentence or an early death sentence.

But like most things, white libs would rather scream about Trump from the safety of their private beaches in Malibu.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

You've thought this through, supposed Texan person?

Because Texas as we know it today was due to catholic settlements and not the protestant ones that actually won the battle for independence? Try again.

• Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

"These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history."

One of the most shameful episodes. Right up there with authorizing torture and locking people in jail for life without charge, eh Laura?

Be better. Be a better, smarter human being. Just try, even if it seems impossible. 

8 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Just to be clear, and I am asking without any angle except clarity,, what you are saying is that black and brown kids in LA unified can’t pass reading tests because if the impact that illegal immigration has had in schools there?

I keep trying to understand what he is trying to argue but then logic kicks in and says dem darkies are scary and we need to lock them up to maga

Edited by Washpark

My point is that a school district only has so many resources, so instead of devoting all of them to the black and brown citizens of Los Angeles, LA Unified has created a K-12 scholastic system that attempts to also educate and protect illegals. The sons and daughters of the Hollywood rich aren't dealing with this issue, their children are in private schools, removed from it all. But for the steerage class, LA Unified has totally abandoned its duty and as such, black and brown citizens are suffering. 

But hey, nobody cared about them before and now that California is a sanctuary state, nobody will care about them moving forward. Good job, Hillary voters.

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

I don't see the connection between the kid camps and our decades of terrible immigration policy. 

Because our past administrations (it was long before Obama BTW) made the mess, this is ok? 

That's like burning your house down because the kitchen floor needs a mopping. 

Agree or disagree with the presidential administrations of the past 40 years, they were doing what they thought was right within the boundaries of our core American values. 

This administration shows time and again they don't give a fuck about those, nor do they care about the law. They are the law. It is absolute madness and I question the true patriotism of any American who is not at LEAST wary of where we go from here. 

The time for partisan pompom waving is over. What kind of country are we? We're supposed to be the standard bearer. 

And don't even try to present the false choice that it's either "let everyone in" or "throw children in cages". 

There are legal ways to seek asylum, maybe try those instead of breaking the law. Any American parent that breaks the law and gets arrested gets separated from their kids, this isn't anything new. Maybe the Dems should have actually done something about immigration when they had the House, Senate, and White House from 2008-2010 instead of passing the shitty health care bill that wiped them out. I can tell you why they didn't, they don't give a shit either.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TSipper said:

Fuck yea TSip!  You know what will really end this immigration shit, lets slit those brown baby’s throats right there at the border.  Women running from your abusive husband or gang rape?   We can line up all those brown ladies and have ICE beat the shit out of them right there!  Take that you brown crying fuckers!  In fact...lets gas them!  Bodies piles up high to make a big beautiful wall!  MAGA! 

23 minutes ago, TSipper said:

My point is that a school district only has so many resources, so instead of devoting all of them to the black and brown citizens of Los Angeles, LA Unified has created a K-12 scholastic system that attempts to also educate and protect illegals. The sons and daughters of the Hollywood rich aren't dealing with this issue, their children are in private schools, removed from it all. But for the steerage class, LA Unified has totally abandoned its duty and as such, black and brown citizens are suffering. 

But hey, nobody cared about them before and now that California is a sanctuary state, nobody will care about them moving forward. Good job, Hillary voters.

So is it your anger about LA unified schools that makes you think that we should detain children separately from their parents when they try to cross the border into America? As a fuck you?  Or is there a bonus in there somewhere?  Is it the deterrent thing?  Like putting a cigarette out on your forehead before getting into a fight to let your opponent know that you're fucking crazy?

Edited by Celery Man

An American parent getting carted off to jail for committing a crime while their kid stays at home or goes to live with grandma or worst case goes into the foster system is different than detaining migrant children separately from their parents.  If you profess to not be able to discern a difference, you are stupid or lying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

So is it your anger about LA unified schools that makes you think that we should detain children separately from their parents when they try to cross the border into America? As a fuck you?  Or is there a bonus in there somewhere?  Is it the deterrent thing?  Like putting a cigarette out on your forehead before getting into a fight to let your opponent know that you're fucking crazy?

I will never understand why white libs love foreign browns and blacks instead of American browns and blacks. Hillary would rather dig water wells in Africa than worry about the water in Flint. Illegals depress the wages of the black and brown working class and soak up valuable resources for all lower class citizens, but hey, fuck those people, right? America has no responsibility to them, right?

Four more years, Trump, four more years!

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

An American parent getting carted off to jail for committing a crime while their kid stays at home or goes to live with grandma or worst case goes into the foster system is different than detaining migrant children separately from their parents.  If you profess to not be able to discern a difference, you are stupid or lying.

Then don't come to America, stay where you are currently and you will not be separated from your kids. 

Pretty simple.

• Fuck You 1