DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

There are legal ways to seek asylum, maybe try those instead of breaking the law. Any American parent that breaks the law and gets arrested gets separated from their kids, this isn't anything new. Maybe the Dems should have actually done something about immigration when they had the House, Senate, and White House from 2008-2010 instead of passing the shitty health care bill that wiped them out. I can tell you why they didn't, they don't give a shit either.

Let's stress that brain of yours and let you figure out the key difference. Do you have it in you? 

3 minutes ago, TSipper said:

Then don't come to America, stay where you are currently and you will not be separated from your kids. 

Pretty simple.

Little known fact, that text is engraved on the backside of the Statue of Liberty. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

So it's the cigarette on the forehead.

Education is a different issue than detaining migrant children separately from their parents.  Keep fucking that chicken.

Wage suppression, education, resource allocation, etc. It's all depressed with each and every illegal that is added to the system. I love American citizens, you don't. Burn in hell with Laura Bush, asshole.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 10

Just now, Celery Man said:

Again, a different issue than detaining migrant children separately from their parents.

and I am telling you, I don't care. They all need to go home and stay with their families. It's that simple.

• Fuck You 5

5 minutes ago, TSipper said:

and I am telling you, I don't care. They all need to go home and stay with their families. It's that simple.

There has never been, and will never be, a "simple" solution to immigration. Not in the US, not anywhere. 

Unless you're a simpleton. Then all the answers to everything are incredibly simple. 

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Oh goodie, another TexAgs poster who loves himself a draft-dodging commie-lovin’ thin-skinned snowflake who can’t get Hillary out of his head. 

It's ok though, he voted for Gary Johnson. He's not actually a Trumpkin. /s

And the whole "American kids get separated from their parents when their parents break the law" argument falls flat on it's face because these parents are being detained for a misdemeanor.

Let me know when we start locking up mom and dad and ripping away their kids and sticking them in a fucking dog kennel for misdemeanors.

ANYONE trying to spin this barbaric practice in any way is someone who I don't care to know.

All the moaning and crying folks on the right have done for decades about EVERY CHILD HAS A RIGHT LIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sure don't seem to give a fuck about the life of children that are born in a different country and have brown skin.

You can still be up the ass of your orange overlord and want to fix illegal immigration AND think taking kids from their parents and detaining them in Wal-Mart jails is wrong.  You are allowed to disagree with leaders in your party.

Unless of course your leader is an egomaniacal, thin-skinned, autocrat who cries like a whipped dog if anyone dares disagree with him.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

An American parent getting carted off to jail for committing a crime while their kid stays at home or goes to live with grandma or worst case goes into the foster system is different than detaining migrant children separately from their parents.  If you profess to not be able to discern a difference, you are stupid or lying.

Fine, auto deport the kids back to their country of origin. I'm sure their relatives would be easy to track down.

18 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Little known fact, that text is engraved on the backside of the Statue of Liberty. 

Legal immigration is different than illegally crossing into a sovereign country's border and expecting nothing to happen.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And the whole "American kids get separated from their parents when their parents break the law" argument falls flat on it's face because these parents are being detained for a misdemeanor.

Let me know when we start locking up mom and dad and ripping away their kids and sticking them in a fucking dog kennel for misdemeanors.

ANYONE trying to spin this barbaric practice in any way is someone who I don't care to know.

All the moaning and crying folks on the right have done for decades about EVERY CHILD HAS A RIGHT LIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sure don't seem to give a fuck about the life of children that are born in a different country and have brown skin.

You can still be up the ass of your orange overlord and want to fix illegal immigration AND think taking kids from their parents and detaining them in Wal-Mart jails is wrong.  You are allowed to disagree with leaders in your party.

Unless of course your leader is an egomaniacal, thin-skinned, autocrat who cries like a whipped dog if anyone dares disagree with him.

I'm sure you have volunteered to become a foster parent to these kids.

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This has never been nor will it ever be, a compelling argument. If America cannot or will not maintain our border, then we deserve the upcoming Hobbesian State of Nature that will be headed to us. We will fail and will be replaced by whatever society comes after this. Nobody is America is owed anything and sure as fuck nobody outside this country is owed anything.

15 minutes ago, TornACL said:

There has never been, and will never be, a "simple" solution to immigration. Not in the US, not anywhere. 

Unless you're a simpleton. Then all the answers to everything are incredibly simple. 

Actually there is. Most countries will deport you immediately if you immigrate there illegally.

• Like 1

If we can’t come together and reject kid concentration camps, this country is over.  Anyone defending this policy is straight up human garbage.

I already told you that this country is over. Seems you’re starting to get it.

Currently being discussed in our house. Never mind that we spent much of our weekend shuttling a child (granted asylum under old policy, would be denied today) to and from camps. Next logical fallacy you want to sling?

He’s beyond badass. I love Fr Martin.
  • Like 1

Haven't read all the responses here but I'll start with my standard response to this topic, which is: There but for the grace of God I go.

We won the cosmic lottery by being born here. Sheer luck granted us American citizenship. I'm not religious at all but I recognize that a slight shift in the universe's design and it would be me that is trying to leave my country for one that gives a better life to my children. However I can help my fellow humans in this endeavor, I will.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Currently being discussed in our house. Never mind that we spent much of our weekend shuttling a child (granted asylum under old policy, would be denied today) to and from camps. Next logical fallacy you want to sling?

Good for you. Let me know when Bama Chick takes the plunge, and I'm sure there is a thread on shaggy started in 2014 by you bitching about Obama's caged kids. I'm sure there is also a thread from 2008-2010 were you bitched about the Dems doing jack shit about the illegal immigration problem in this country.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Here's the thing, dipwad - they don't need foster parents.

They have parents - being detained in a separate detention facility.  How hard is it to continue the practice of detaining parents and children together??  

Oh, what's that you say?  There is no reason Trump and Sessions are perpetrating such evil?  Except as the ultimate punishment to keep parents from trying to come to America with their children?

How many of you tough guys spout off some shit like "I'd kill the motherfucker with my bare hands if that were my kid" when a news story comes out about a kid being abused or molested?  Yet, you demonize other parents who don't give a good goddamn about leaving a cartel infested shithole (TM Donald Trump) to try and come to America to give their kids a better future, no matter the consequences?

There are MANY things we as a nation need to do to fix what is broken in regards to illegal immigration.  Ripping babies from their mother's arms and sticking them in cages fixes exactly ZERO of those things.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I'm sure there is also a thread from 2008-2010 were you bitched about the Dems doing jack shit about the illegal immigration problem in this country.

Hey libs...remember that time when for two years out of the past two decades  Democrats controlled both the legislative and executive branch?  Why did you not solve every problem and every issue ever?  WHY NOT DONE!?!?

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

Just now, Bama Chick said:

Here's the thing, dipwad - they don't need foster parents.

They have parents - being detained in a separate detention facility.  How hard is it to continue the practice of detaining parents and children together??  

Oh, what's that you say?  There is no reason Trump and Sessions are perpetrating such evil?  Except as the ultimate punishment to keep parents from trying to come to America with their children?

How many of you tough guys spout off some shit like "I'd kill the motherfucker with my bare hands if that were my kid" when a news story comes out about a kid being abused or molested?  Yet, you demonize other parents who don't give a good goddamn about leaving a cartel infested shithole (TM Donald Trump) to try and come to America to give their kids a better future, no matter the consequences?

There are MANY things we as a nation need to do to fix what is broken in regards to illegal immigration.  Ripping babies from their mother's arms and sticking them in cages fixes exactly ZERO of those things.

So you are telling me there are no countries in all of Central and South America that they can go to and seek asylum? Why does it have to be here, I would think that countries closer to their home would make more sense? I'm glad that you have shown yourself to be useless in this discussion though, typically of the liberal mindset. You want others to sacrifice when you are unwilling to sacrifice yourself, and yes, there is a great need for Foster homes, as a good number of these kids are coming to the border unaccompanied. I see as usual you have no real handle on the situation.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hey libs...remember that time when for two years out of the past two decades  Democrats controlled both the legislative and executive branch?  Why did you not solve every problem and every issue ever?  WHY NOT DONE!?!?

I mean if the problem is so bad, they could have done anything they wanted. They had a filibuster proof Senate, yet nothing was done on immigration. Why? Don't skirt the issue, this is a fucking national disgrace after all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

Separating the families is awful. They should be processed on the Mexican side of the border and wait there until they are granted asylum. 

The Mexicans would deport them back to their country of origin which is their immigration policy.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Good for you. Let me know when Bama Chick takes the plunge, and I'm sure there is a thread on shaggy started in 2014 by you bitching about Obama's caged kids.

This is a lie. Stop repeating it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/16/us/politics/family-separation-trump.html

When Central American migrants, including many unaccompanied children, began surging across the border in early 2014, Mr. Obama, the antithesis of his impulsive successor, had his own characteristic reaction: He formed a multiagency team at the White House to figure out what should be done.

“This was the bane of my existence for three years,” Mr. Johnson said. “No matter what you did, somebody was going to be very angry at you.”

he officials met in the office of Denis R. McDonough, the White House chief of staff, and convened a series of meetings in the Situation Room to go through their options. Migrants were increasingly exploiting existing immigration laws and court rulings, and using children as a way to get adults into the country, on the theory that families were being treated differently from single people.

“The agencies were surfacing every possible idea,” Cecilia Muñoz, Mr. Obama’s top domestic policy adviser, recalled, including whether to separate parents from their children. “I do remember looking at each other like, ‘We’re not going to do this, are we?’ We spent five minutes thinking it through and concluded that it was a bad idea. The morality of it was clear — that’s not who we are.”

Good for you. Let me know when Bama Chick takes the plunge, and I'm sure there is a thread on shaggy started in 2014 by you bitching about Obama's caged kids. I'm sure there is also a thread from 2008-2010 were you bitched about the Dems doing jack shit about the illegal immigration problem in this country.

1 - the obama bit is bullshit.
2 - I bitched about it plenty - then, before, and after. I also praised a GOP president (W) who tried to do the right things on immigration.

3 - feel however you want on policy. Believe that our immigration policies need to be more strict, or less. Go for it.

But the fucking minute that you support holding children and their well-being hostage to get your way politically, you are an evil piece of shit.

State and work for your policy goal.

Don’t hold a metaphorical gun to the heads of children to get your way. Do that, and you deserve nothing, except a metaphorical SWAT sniper taking your worthless, inhuman ass out.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

What is a lie? Obama caged kids? There are pictures out there from his detention centers.

The lie is that he ordered children to be ripped away from their parents. To the previous administration's shame, he had family detention centers instead but at least the kids were with their moms.

No, it's not and you know it.

2 - I bitched about it plenty - then, before, and after. I also praised a GOP president (W) who tried to do the right things on immigration.

By not doing anything about it, I can see why you liked the War Criminal. 

3 - feel however you want on policy. Believe that our immigration policies need to be more strict, or less. Go for it.

But the fucking minute that you support holding children and their well-being hostage to get your way politically, you are an evil piece of shit.

Our immigration policy should be the same as the rest of the planet, put the fuckers back on a boat and get them out. 

Don’t hold a metaphorical gun to the heads of children to get your way. Do that, and you deserve nothing, except a metaphorical SWAT sniper taking your worthless, inhuman ass out.

You mad, bro?

Edited by TSipper
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So you are telling me there are no countries in all of Central and South America that they can go to and seek asylum? Why does it have to be here, I would think that countries closer to their home would make more sense? I'm glad that you have shown yourself to be useless in this discussion though, typically of the liberal mindset. You want others to sacrifice when you are unwilling to sacrifice yourself, and yes, there is a great need for Foster homes, as a good number of these kids are coming to the border unaccompanied. I see as usual you have no real handle on the situation.

Nice dodge, sparky.

I have repeatedly stated that we need to reform our immigration system and I don't have the answers on how that can be done.

What I do know is that separating a parent and child and throwing them in separate detention centers as a deterrent for possible future immigrants is a disgusting, evil, and immoral practice.  Period.  

I have not opined on the practice of seeking or granting asylum, detention at the border, deportation, nor any of the other red herrings you are flinging into the argument in order to distract from my point.

You are okay with snatching a baby from its mother's breast and jailing it in a WalMart like something out of post-Soviet orphanage.  I am not.  Detain them together like we have always done in the past and were doing until Miller, Sessions, and Trump - The Axis of Evil - decided to do this.

And if there are minors crossing the border alone, well then no one is jerking them away from a parent much less anyone, are they?

Please try and stay on topic and tell the class why you're okay with Kiddie Koncentration Kamps.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

The lie is that he ordered children to be ripped away from their parents. To the previous administration's shame, he had family detention centers instead but at least the kids were with their moms.

So, children should be in prison with their mother? That's cool, let's put them all in prison and then put them on a paddy wagon back to wherever.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Bama Chick said:

Nice dodge, sparky.

I have repeatedly stated that we need to reform our immigration system and I don't have the answers on how that can be done.

What I do know is that separating a parent and child and throwing them in separate detention centers as a deterrent for possible future immigrants is a disgusting, evil, and immoral practice.  Period.  

I have not opined on the practice of seeking or granting asylum, detention at the border, deportation, nor any of the other red herrings you are flinging into the argument in order to distract from my point.

You are okay with snatching a baby from its mother's breast and jailing it in a WalMart like something out of post-Soviet orphanage.  I am not.  Detain them together like we have always done in the past and were doing until Miller, Sessions, and Trump - The Axis of Evil - decided to do this.

And if there are minors crossing the border alone, well then no one is jerking them away from a parent much less anyone, are they?

Please try and stay on topic and tell the class why you're okay with Kiddie Koncentration Kamps.

Go fuck yourself.

• Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

State and work for your policy goal.

Which Obama part is bullshit? That pictures don't exist from his tenure as president with kids in cages? Look, this situation sucks 100%. Hopefully there can be compromise to fix the situation promptly. I hold out little hope there will be.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I never said he separated the parents from the children. I said he put them in cages.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That's not true...they Dem's are doing tons about illegal immigration.  They're creating many of these problems with their asinine Sanctuary City bull shit that encourages these people to come here and break our laws. 

In San Francisco, they're now fighting to amend their Sanctuary City law to keep FELONS from being deported.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/06/01/san-francisco-mayoral-candidate-pushes-to-change-sanctuary-city-policy/

It's beyond fucking moronic...but this is where the left is headed.  It's suicide by stupidity. 

Look, I get it much of the world sucks ass.  Why wouldn't these people want to flee to anywhere else...especially America? 

BUT, there are 7 Billion people in the world...6.7 Billion outside the US currently.  Of those 6.7 Billion only about 5.5 Billion people would be better off here, probably no more than 4 Billion would kill for that opportunity to come here.  Clearly that's not a realistic solution anymore than bringing in tens of homeless people into your house would fix homelessness.  We must fix these other countries...and to a greater extent they need to fix themselves. 

But just as bringing in 10 homeless into your house might temporarily help them...it's going to fuck up everything in your house.  The same is true for unchecked immigration.  The idea we can have an open border or allow endless droves of illegal immigrates is insanity. 

It will be the death of America.  Ironically we will become the country that ignores the rule of law...that these people are escaping.  And that is 100% the difference between America and most other places.   We have (or at least had) the rule of law where people had the ability to find justice under our laws...regardless of who was in power.

And the bigger question is how can you expect me & others to pay taxes & follow laws when you won't enforce the laws on others?  It doesn't work.  The center cannot hold.

Edited by XR4ticlone
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Nice dodge, sparky.

You are not worth the trouble. I'm actually glad you are too fucking selfish to be a foster parent, these kids are probably better off where they are than with someone like you.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

You are not worth the trouble. I'm actually glad you are too fucking selfish to be a foster parent, these kids are probably better off where they are than with someone like you.

You seem to want to have a real conversation, and then you throw out this weak sauce. 

Be a better person.