The Masters 2021

Masters week is here!  Lots going on this year.  Our boy is back in the winner's circle and headed to his course, DJ as defending champion in questionable form, the Bryson experiment, JT dare I say sneaking in under the radar for a Players Champ, Rory still trying to complete Grand Slam, Scheffler bucking his head lately, Rahm as a new Dad and the new "perspective" that will be beat into the ground, 

Get your pimento cheese and egg salad prepared.  Sit back and enjoy the pictures, some crowd noise, and soothing sounds of Jim Nance.

• Hook 'Em 4

I have no idea who I'd take to win right now. All of the top guys have questions going in - whether it's past Masters performance (Bryson) or current form (DJ). JT only has one top 5 there - although he's only played 5 times and has improved his results every year. Spieth makes sense as the favorite - I guess? - but has had a poor showing the past couple of years and I'm not sure he's quite back yet to win a major.

Also - how many guys have ever won the week before and then won at Augusta? Is it one of those weird ones where it's never happened? 

I guess Spieth and JT would be my top 2. I'd be surprised if neither of them are in contention down the stretch. I kind of like Rahm. I wouldn't be shocked if Bryson won.

Should be fun.

55 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I have no idea who I'd take to win right now. All of the top guys have questions going in - whether it's past Masters performance (Bryson) or current form (DJ). JT only has one top 5 there - although he's only played 5 times and has improved his results every year. Spieth makes sense as the favorite - I guess? - but has had a poor showing the past couple of years and I'm not sure he's quite back yet to win a major.

Also - how many guys have ever won the week before and then won at Augusta? Is it one of those weird ones where it's never happened? 

I guess Spieth and JT would be my top 2. I'd be surprised if neither of them are in contention down the stretch. I kind of like Rahm. I wouldn't be shocked if Bryson won.

Should be fun.

Mickelson and Lyle won the week before winning the Masters.  Spieth lost in a playoff at the Houston Open the week before he won in 2015.  He'll be fine.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Friend's daughter's wedding on Saturday.  Who schedules a wedding for Masters' weekend?

Assuming an early evening wedding, skip the ceremony (say you were running late and sat in the back), show up at reception, drink free booze on friends’ dime, profit.

Augusta National is literally the most beautiful place I have ever been in my life. I have never seen a course in such magnificent shape. Every blade of grass was perfect. Every flower was bloomed to perfection. The smells are something I will never forget. I told my wife at the time that if I died that I wanted my ashes spread at Augusta.  I got the opportunity to walk the course in 1998 for a practice round. I walked 4 holes with PhiI, 5 holes with Tiger then random players. Matt Kutcher was still a college kid, he had a small Georgia Tech bag that his dad was carrying. They were both in awe and were extremely nice to all of the fans. So many memories and still the best sporting experience in my life.

• Hook 'Em 2

Augusta National is literally the most beautiful place I have ever been in my life. I have never seen a course in such magnificent shape. Every blade of grass was perfect. Every flower was bloomed to perfection. The smells are something I will never forget. I told my wife at the time that if I died that I wanted my ashes spread at Augusta.  I got the opportunity to walk the course in 1998 for a practice round. I walked 4 holes with PhiI, 5 holes with Tiger then random players. Matt Kutcher was still a college kid, he had a small Georgia Tech bag that his dad was carrying. They were both in awe and were extremely nice to all of the fans. So many memories and still the best sporting experience in my life.

Read in the voice of James Earl Jones
  • Hook 'Em 2

This has got to be the last year that Woosnam gets invited back, right? It's been 30 years since he won at Augusta, he had back surgery 15 months ago (causing him to miss the November Masters), and has only made the cut twice at Augusta this century.

I know the "lifetime" invitation for past champions is not always honored. They love to have you at the champions' dinner, but once you can't break 85 they're going g to step in & politely stop you from embarrassing your legacy.

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

This has got to be the last year that Woosnam gets invited back, right? It's been 30 years since he won at Augusta, he had back surgery 15 months ago (causing him to miss the November Masters), and has only made the cut twice at Augusta this century.

I know the "lifetime" invitation for past champions is not always honored. They love to have you at the champions' dinner, but once you can't break 85 they're going g to step in & politely stop you from embarrassing your legacy.

Agree - come for the Champions dinner, maybe even play a practice round. Then withdraw. Honor the game, honor the event, don't become a spectacle.  

Hes 63, so 1 or 2 more years.
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, WillUSAF said:

maybe you won't

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2021 at 6:09 AM, WillUSAF said:

On 4/6/2021 at 7:38 AM, TonyTexas said:

Read in the voice of James Earl Jones

I purposefully reread it with this in the background.

• Hook 'Em 1