The Masters 2021

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

He’s a limey. Go win the Wanker Open.

Understandable.

1 minute ago, pops said:

My favorite thing about covid is that we now have 2 masters in a row without that dumb bitch in the big glasses behind the 16th tee acting like she had a hand in every shot. 

It's the little things. 

Now if we can just get Jim to quit setting up Faldo to talk about past rounds he's played at Augusta. 

9 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

No, he’s an idiot. Standing there seeing how hard he can swing serves zero purpose and will injure him sooner than later.

He’s a fucking idiot. Just got home and flipped on round one. Literally a minute into ESPN’s coverage, they cut to someone waaaay off in the woods. I start laughing, because we all know who it is. Then Scott Van Pelt chimes in:

SvP: “That’s Bryson Dechambeau. You’ll forgive me, I don’t recognize this part of the golf course.”

Me:

inside the nba laughing GIF by NBA on TNT

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

i have nothing against Rose.  seems like a good dude.  i was actually happy he won gold at the Olympics.  he was genuinely choked up about it.

having said that, there is zero chance he wins this tournament.  he's good, but he ain't this good right now.

Edited by Jive Turkey

It's not fun to watch guys not having fun on the golf course.  Watching them grind it out a few strokes over par gets depressing.  I sweatergod Phil looked more like a pallbearer than a pro who has won this thing 3 times.  In 30 years Dechambeau is going to be that old paunchy guy wandering around the Highland Park H-E-B Central Market muttering random comments to himself.

Kuch looked ambivalent, which is downright surly for a guy with permasmile etched into his face.  He'd miss a putt and think back to the early days when he didn't have to peer over his gut to watch himself banging Sybi.

image.jpeg.5f190750eca36132f2abed7f2573f306.jpeg

2 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

It's not fun to watch guys not having fun on the golf course.  Watching them grind it out a few strokes over par gets depressing.  I sweatergod Phil looked more like a pallbearer than a pro who has won this thing 3 times.  In 30 years Dechambeau is going to be that old paunchy guy wandering around the Highland Park H-E-B Central Market muttering random comments to himself.

Kuch looked ambivalent, which is downright surly for a guy with permasmile etched into his face.  He'd miss a putt and think back to the early days when he didn't have to peer over his gut to watch himself banging Sybi.

image.jpeg.5f190750eca36132f2abed7f2573f306.jpeg

This is perfect golf. Extremely difficult but a 65 is out there.

• Hook 'Em 1

i have nothing against Rose.  seems like a good dude.  i was actually happen he won gold at the Olympics.  he was genuinely choked up about it.
having said that, there is zero chance he wins this tournament.  he's good, but he ain't this good right now.

That’s what I didn’t say in my previous post. Hideki and Justin will be there on Sunday, but they won’t be there. Matsuyama will fade and Rose will choke.

2 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I'm drawing a blank, and google is no help - didn't Rose play in his first Masters when he was like 11, and his dad was on the bag?  At least he looked 11, but was probably 17.

Help me remember.

You're thinking of the 98 Open championship where he finished T4 and low amateur about 2 weeks shy of his 18th birthday. He first played Augusta in 2003. 

11 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I'm drawing a blank, and google is no help - didn't Rose play in his first Masters when he was like 11, and his dad was on the bag?  At least he looked 11, but was probably 17.

Help me remember.

I think you're thinking of kuchar. 

I've been watching the featured group coverage on ESPN+ all day, and have really enjoyed the announcing team of Bryan Crowell (who sounds like Nantz, but without the schmaltz) and Colt Knost.  Google tells me that Knost grew up in fucking Pilot Point, which is probably the redneckiest place in Denton County, which hits close to home.

Just now, Beau Vine said:

I've been watching the featured group coverage on ESPN+ all day, and have really enjoyed the announcing team of Bryan Crowell (who sounds like Nantz, but without the schmaltz) and Colt Knost.  Google tells me that Knost grew up in fucking Pilot Point, which is probably the redneckiest place in Denton County, which hits close to home.

Won the US Am at SMU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Are these the same guys as the featured group on masters.com? If so I'd like a guy who has walked the course before this week to announce.

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

You're thinking of the 98 Open championship where he finished T4 and low amateur about 2 weeks shy of his 18th birthday. He first played Augusta in 2003. 

I remember when he turned pro and struggled for a long time. I thought he was a bum that wouldn't make it in golf. Whoops.

37 minutes ago, DCA_HORN said:
1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Are these the same guys as the featured group on masters.com? If so I'd like a guy who has walked the course before this week to announce.

Knost has walked the course because he said that he thought he was going to need medical attention to finish.

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Was wondering who that dude was, sounded like it was his first time on the course. Heard him called Colt and briefly thought “what the hell is McCoy doing there?” Liked his commentary.

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Newsflash: Rory Mcilroys Dad makes plan for Masters Round 2

Rory McIlroys father has announced a plan to avoid getting hit by errant golf balls struck by his son.

"I am going to dress like a flag" He said.

not mine. found on reddit.

That could be a direct quote.  The British sense of humor is outstanding at times. 

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

Jordan hit 16 of 18 greens today. For the most part, his game off the tee was solid. I think Rose comes back to the pack.

There were several iron shots that Jordan had today that were 1 or 2 yards away from being in tight.  He missed getting on top of a few ridges today.  Like they always say, you can't win the Masters on Thursday but you sure can lose it.  All things considered, he is in good shape. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1