The Masters 2021

2 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I understand that he does. He apparently has not yet reached enough confidence to do an interview.

you can tell he understands the basics of the questions well.  he just doesn't want to answer in english, which I am sure is difficult.

• Like 1

This morning an older guy I know made a comment "if a Japanese guy is gonna play golf in 'merica he ought to learn English."

My reply was "he spends his time getting good enough at golf to win the masters, why waste time perfecting English, thats why they have translators."

Agree that Nance is a beating. This butler cabin shit just insists on itself now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BearSchlong said:

This morning an older guy I know made a comment "if a Japanese guy is gonna play golf in 'merica he ought to learn English."

My reply was "he spends his time getting good enough at golf to win the masters, why waste time perfecting English, thats why they have translators."

How does he explain Dustin Johnson,  then? 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Top 3 most boring masters ever 

I'm happy for Hideki Matsuyama, but this was beyond boring for a Masters.  Moving Day sucked.  The only real excitement came when Matsuyama put it in the water at 15.  I sure hope the rest of the majors are better this year. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, pops said:

The real question is,  did @ztejas load up on hideki after he hit it into the water on 15 for the hedge? 

No - I didn't even look at the live line. Even after that hole he had a 2 shot lead with 3 to play. I doubt he ever got below -500 or so - which just isn't worth it - especially when there was a chance Schauffele could win. That's $400 risked just to get back to even on my tickets. 

My fuck up was not taking him when he was -100 after like 4 holes. But I was afraid of Schauffele (i.e. a non Zalatoris/Hideki winner) maybe winning because he was still at -8 before he dropped a couple shots.

I'm really careful about not chasing. It is what it is. Having an outside chance at a big payoff was fun. 

19 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

His caddie will make about 200G for this tourney. Not bad walk the masters grounds for a few days. Witness the greatest golfers. Give some tips get paid. 

I am guessing Hideki's caddy is already pretty fucking set.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Jim Nantz is such a beating. How do you feel, what were your feelings. No fucking depth whatsoever.

his goal is to make a 1st time winner cry. mention mom, family, ask about feelings.  its like a bonus/incentive in his CBS contract.

of course Hideki is  "can I just put on the jacket and go instead of talking to this douche?" 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

No - I didn't even look at the live line. Even after that hole he had a 2 shot lead with 3 to play. I doubt he ever got below -500 or so - which just isn't worth it - especially when there was a chance Schauffele could win. That's $400 risked just to get back to even on my tickets. 

My fuck up was not taking him when he was -100 after like 4 holes. But I was afraid of Schauffele (i.e. a non Zalatoris/Hideki winner) maybe winning because he was still at -8 before he dropped a couple shots.

I'm really careful about not chasing. It is what it is. Having an outside chance at a big payoff was fun. 

Yeah, Hideki never got lower than - 400 on my site. Before Jordan's birdie on 8, he spiked to 200-1, so I threw another $5 on him. So together with the 50-1 bet I made a month ago, I had $25 to win $2000. After the b2b birdies, I allowed myself a little hope, but Jordan couldnt keep it going. All in all, one of the lamest Masters I can remember. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, pops said:

Stevie was pretty fucking set. That's about it as far as it goes for tour caddies. 

This is 32 mil on tour now for Hideki. I was thinking if it was the same guy he's doing pretty well for himself. Not that 2 million or so would make you "set" but you catch my drift. I'm sure he's not complaining about 200k.

17 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Well, he finished third. His chances were pretty damn good.

I'm just busting his balls. He loves Spieth more than the usual Spieth homers here do. I had a ticket for the guy winning - I have no room to talk. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s being speculated that this win is worth several hundred million dollars to Hideki. I’m sure there will be some trickle down to his caddy ala Stevie Williams. 

Yea, Japanese market about to pay the fuck out of him

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yes the issue isn’t a fade at all. It’s Trevino’s trajectory.  I don’t understand why fades aren’t preferred as Chamblee said. 

Whatever the case, I support my fellow Texan. Though I’m not Mexican, he’s a legend to me and it’s not because of his 6 majors.  

I'm with you. I love Lee. He doesn't live very far from me. We have some friends who have bumped into him in the neighborhood.

Have not read this thread, but watched all weekend. Hideki played outstanding golf.  Very cool, though I am usually rooting for the Americans.   I thought the coolest part was when his caddie put the pin back in the hole on 18 then made a bow to the golf course.  My wife ordered food and cups from Augusta National.  We had a small party yesterday afternoon.  Here is what she ordered (taken before we set up).  We had a great time   

D20A5436-CAF1-4EBC-A1CC-B8401BACF146.jpeg

84891011-F8D3-4687-8B51-5B640107E9D3.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s being speculated that this win is worth several hundred million dollars to Hideki. I’m sure there will be some trickle down to his caddy ala Stevie Williams. 

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea, Japanese market about to pay the fuck out of him

Naomi Osaka (tennis) chose to represent Japan over the USA for a reason.

She is the highest paid female athlete in the world. And she's only 23.