Loki on Disney+

mdmost

12 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Not "Loki" but have you heard the rumor, that since AT&T sold Warner/ DC to Discovery, it is willing to talk of amalgamation as was done in comics..?|

Can you imagine having a movie to where Deadpool teams with Batman, as a crossover event..? Or Suicide Squad v Guardians of the Galaxy..? Cool...

Would be awesome.  DCU is just a mess though they needed a unified vision and should have started from scratch and locked the actors into multi movie deals, instead we have a new Batman/Superman after only 3 movies. Still, I’m interested in seeing how they are trying to retcon their timelines.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

I don't know why exactly, but the creepiest thing about that video was the kid's fishing pole mounted on the wall behind him, still in the original packaging.  Like his version of "Free Candy" or something.  Something ain't right with that guy.

3 hours ago, FunkSoulBrother said:
  Hide contents

On second thought has it been confirmed that that was Enchantress? You and I may know her as that but she could still be Lady Loki with the powers of Enchantress. After all, Mobius did say another version of Loki.

Her name in one of the language credits was "Sylvie".  That's not a random name.

It could still be Lady Loki, and wouldn't be the first time they've mixed characters before, but that seems pretty solid.

33 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

So was it Enchantress or Lady Loki?

My money is on the Enchantress.  I feel like Lady Loki is the Loki version of Mephisto.  Taking over the TVA is absolutely what Loki would do.  Jumping around in time would allow him to visit his mom, maybe even change her death, etc., etc. as well as give him an actual Asgard to rule.  He would get to retry things that he felt he failed at.  

Remember, we only get 6 episodes.  In theory, we should have almost all of the chess pieces out on the board, with maybe one missing.  This was proven true with Wanda and Falcon/WS - all the major players for the plot lines were introduced fairly early on (and Sharon as the Power Broker dovetailed nicely with that).

Wild Card:

Spoiler

Kang the Conquerer is in charge of the Enchantress, could give us the Secret Wars.  Enchantress said she was involved with something bigger than ruling the TVA.

And lest we forget, during the filming of Loki, the Russo brothers said they'd like to come back to the MCU with the Secret Wars, because they felt it was massively bigger than the Infinity Saga they finished with the Avengers, and they were up for the challenge.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://nerdreactor.com/2021/06/16/loki-episode-2-ending-mcu-future/

all the locations that the pruning bombs are headed to

• Spoiler

• 1522 – Phong Nha, Vietnam
    • 1492 – Lisbon Portugal
    • 2301 – Vormir
    • 1551 – Thorton, USA
    • 1999 – Cookeville, USA
    • 2004 – Asgard
    • 1390 – Rome, Italy
    • 1984 – Sakaar
    • 1808 – Barichara (Col)
    • 1708 – Porvoo, Finland
    • 1382 – Ego
    • 1982 – Titan
    • 1947 – New York, USA
    • 1984 – Tokyo, Japan
    • 0051 – Hala Planet
    • 1999 – Kingsport, USA
    • 1001 – Xandar
    • 2005 – Beijing, China
    • 19– – Madrid, Spain

Spoiler

Some locations should be familiar to fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The Hala Planet is home to the Kree, Titan is the homeworld of Thanos, Xandar is home to the Nova Empire, Ego is the living planet, Sakaar is the trash planet, Vormir is the location of the Soul Stone, and Asgard is Thor’s home. There are other locations spread all around Earth and in different timelines.

On 6/18/2021 at 11:19 AM, Apep said:

Hide contents

Since they have the same variant essence, I'd imagine Enchantress is either somehow his identical twin sister OR a female Loki. Or maybe magic or technology was used to swap genders. Lots of possibilities.

My magic theory is looking better.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I wouldn't call it a filler episode. We found out a few important things and there was some good character development thrown in there as well. A change of pace? For sure. But not filler. Go watch some of the droid episodes of Clone Wars if you want to see what filler is.

With a 6 episode run, that episode can only be described as filler. If you binged the three episodes in a row it’s like someone threw the handbrake 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Goddamn some of you are stupidly critical. This show is great. The only flaw is that I want more.

Welcome to the internet.  Everyone has an asshole and an opinion and we like to share both! 

Remember - the first 3 Wanda Vision episodes were too slow and weird and F&WS was too woke.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I wouldn't call it a filler episode. We found out a few important things and there was some good character development thrown in there as well. A change of pace? For sure. But not filler. Go watch some of the droid episodes of Clone Wars if you want to see what filler is.

Yeah; like that all of the TVA agents are

Spoiler

variants

So the theory about

Spoiler

Mobius being a Loki

just got a little more plausible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, hornian said:

Yeah; like that all of the TVA agents are

Hide contents

variants

So the theory about

Hide contents

Mobius being a Loki

just got a little more plausible. 

Spoiler

There's a brewing theory that the time keepers are really just Kang the Conqueror and the sacred timeline is just the timeline in which he conquers everything

49 minutes ago, Captainant said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There's a brewing theory that the time keepers are really just Kang the Conqueror and the sacred timeline is just the timeline in which he conquers everything

And also this theory seems plausible

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Hide contents

She's been planning this mission for a long time and forgot to charge the most important piece of equipment she has? Sounds like something that belongs in the wives thread.

Are we still spoiling major shit 36 hours after something was released?

Spoiler

My guess is that Sylvie had a set sequence of places she needed to go, with the TVA being the last, and Loki threw a spanner in the plans with their fight/jump.  She was at the TVA to go after the Time Keepers, and did not seem like she cared about escaping, or thought she'd be able to charge it there.

Edited by atomheartbevo

44 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Can we agree that the day after doesn't require spoilers?

I’ve always wished we’d do SxEy spoilers for people (me) that are a week behind or maybe even just starting to watch the show. 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Are we still spoiling major shit 36 hours after something was released?

Hide contents

My guess is that Sylvie had a set sequence of places she needed to go, with the TVA being the last, and Loki threw a spanner in the plans with their fight/jump.  She was at the TVA to go after the Time Keepers, and did not seem like she cared about escaping, or thought she'd be able to charge it there.

Spoiler

This is what I don't understand.  In EP2, she said she didn't care about the TVA or something like that.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Can we agree that the day after doesn't require spoilers?

I don't think any of these movie or TV threads should have spoilers.  If you aren't caught up on a series or haven't seen a movie, you enter this discussion at your own peril.  We shouldn't have to worry about what episode any particular poster is on. 

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• Hook 'Em 9

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I don't think any of these movie or TV threads should have spoilers.  If you aren't caught up on a series or haven't seen a movie, you enter this discussion at your own peril.  We shouldn't have to worry about what episode any particular poster is on. 

This.  Where do you draw the line?

Someone yelled SPOILERS at me a few weeks ago for Westworld Season 3.  Like wut

30 minutes ago, Hmmm said:
  Hide contents

This is what I don't understand.  In EP2, she said she didn't care about the TVA or something like that.

It's not mutually exclusive - she could give a shit about the TVA, it's the TKs she's after.  She probed the guard's mind to find out where they were.

16 hours ago, South Austin said:

You have my vote. I view these threads as a place to come see others opinions on what happened and what might be happening. If I was a few episodes behind, I think I would just take that time and catch up on the episodes.

That was always the old rule on GOT threads. And the only fair rule.

If it is aired, you can talk about it, including previews. No spoilers needed. If you haven’t watched the episode (or the series if it’s released at once), then it’s your responsibility not to click the thread. 

I think spoilers can be used for comic book theories that might be spoilers?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

I think spoilers can be used for comic book theories that might be spoilers?

I’m not sure that’s much different than the non-comic book nerds guessing about an ending. Or in a murder-mystery mini-series thread like Mare of Easttown posters guessing whether [insert name] is the killer. Inside our heads, we’re all thinking about what might happen in future episodes, so does somebody else’s theory really spoil it for us? 

Unless some insider drops the entire series script into a thread before the first episode, I don’t think we need spoilers for everyone’s guesswork.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

If I haven't watched the new Loki episode, I don't click the updated Loki thread...

Enter at your own risk should be the rule.  If I'm behind, I look at the post date and don't go past my current state.

And I did like this episode even if I was thinking, "This is like the Mando ice-planet giant spider episode"

Edited by jeevsie

I enjoyed the episode. It was visually stunning and I enjoy seeing more off-world Marvel. The action was a little odd given Loki is a god but whatever. The reveal about the TVA was good. Makes them a lot more devious. 

He’s never shown telekinesis before though. He stopped that falling building or column. Something’s up with that.