Loki on Disney+

mdmost

Yes! Moar Lokis! Is there any broader explanation why one of the timekeepers was designed to look like The Lorax? I wish they could’ve gotten Danny Devito to do his voice, lol.

The biggest question I have is that with access to all time why did they choose the 70’s as their aesthetic, including what looked like old school tube monitors and the weird robot face? Their technology is clearly more advanced, they just fit it within that weird moment in time where technology looked like that early in their creation. Just a question in my head.

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yes! Moar Lokis! Is there any broader explanation why one of the timekeepers was designed to look like The Lorax? I wish they could’ve gotten Danny Devito to do his voice, lol.

The biggest question I have is that with access to all time why did they choose the 70’s as their aesthetic, including what looked like old school tube monitors and the weird robot face? Their technology is clearly more advanced, they just fit it within that weird moment in time where technology looked like that early in their creation. Just a question in my head.

Creative decision.  Since they had access to all time, they wanted to make it look like it wasn’t from anytime, or all times. So they plucked a little from multiple eras (including future, looking at the keepers watches, weapons, etc)

Spoiler

I was going to say that she or he is going to betray the other because it's what Loki's do, but then Old Loki selflessly sacrificing himself made that idea go to shit.

I just can't see a truly good Loki existing in the MCU. Maybe she betrays him in the end, he becomes bitter and reverts back to bad Loki. That would be a huge bullshit Jamie Lannister kind of buzz kill ruining a GREAT redemption story but I don't see where they go in the MCU with a good Loki.

He was trending good before Thanos killed him...

Very interested to see where Marvel takes Loki. He was sort of took a back seat to the Avengers in the MCU. Maybe after this, he's a featured hero and we get treated to Loki movies. That would be kick ass because he's a great actor.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

This shownis better than 90% of the feature films, and I give Hiddleston and OW all the credit.

Damn I need to get back on it. My gf didn't like it from ep 1 so I quit forcing the issue. She blamed Wandavision which was slow I agree

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

H

o

l

y

S

h

i

t

I just looked up the ship that fell into the void.    It’s the same ship from The Philadelphia Experiment.  

I started laughing my ass off when the ship dropped.  Had to pause it to explain the significance to my wife and daughters.  No pics.

• Fuck You 1

H
o
l
y
S
h
i
t
I just looked up the ship that fell into the void.    It’s the same ship from The Philadelphia Experiment.  

I always get that story mixed up with The Final Countdown movie.

And I didn’t even realize that tiny Thor was a Frog. I thought it was just a tiny Thor.

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

H

o

l

y

S

h

i

t

Yeah that was fun.   Too bad Michael Pare was busy.

50 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

It’s funny how much better the Wandavison duo and Loki/Morbius are than Falcon and WS. I guess that’s the difference between Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany, Hiddleston, OW and whoever plays Falcon and WS

IMO, the story of Wandavision and Loki are just plain more interesting that FATWS. Not that I didn't enjoy FATWS, but it was pretty paint-by-numbers

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

IMO, the story of Wandavision and Loki are just plain more interesting that FATWS. Not that I didn't enjoy FATWS, but it was pretty paint-by-numbers

That and we already had a pretty good idea of who Bucky and Sam were.  Would have been cool to do a Bucky/WS origin series, that would have been more interesting to me, but this allowed them to cheaply address the elephant in the room of matching the comics (Sam taking on Captain America's mantle) while setting up future villains, without having to make a feature-length Bucky and Sam movie.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Captainant said:

This. I don't think the actors or their performances are the difference, its the plots. We all knew that FATWS was about Sam becoming Captain America. It had some interesting introductions of some characters, but the story all along felt like filler to get to the transition. WandaVision and Loki are just really weird premises and are just a lot more interesting including trying to solve riddles of what is actually happening. I too liked both, but WV and Loki are just far more interesting.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This. I don't think the actors or their performances are the difference, its the plots. We all knew that FATWS was about Sam becoming Captain America. It had some interesting introductions of some characters, but the story all along felt like filler to get to the transition. WandaVision and Loki are just really weird premises and are just a lot more interesting including trying to solve riddles of what is actually happening. I too liked both, but WV and Loki are just far more interesting.

With Sam and Bucky, we already knew what drives them - their love for Steve and their love for one another.

We really didn't know what makes Wanda or Loki tick.

We got to see a bunch of Lokis do really Loki stuff - namely some/most cower in fear (to survive another day) from Alioth, while a few have the audacity and arrogance to think they can actually defeat Alioth.  Classic Loki was the outlier - he knew he was sacrificing himself, but he already had proved that he was self-aware about what Lokis do in the universe.

For this comic book non-nerd, it's been more about the performance and dynamic of characters, along with dialog.  My least favorite episode was the one where TH and OW weren't together.  Their dynamic together drew me into this series and the plot almost went off the deep end.

Edit - the plot did venture way too off for my liking but the characters kept me in.

Edited by Hmmm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

The series needs to explain why they've been rounding up Lokis, some of whom for apparently no reason.

They round up anybody (remember they mentioned cannibals and pirates), but Lokis have a knack for surviving shit.

And things like killing Thor, fooling Thanos, etc. fuck with the sacred timeline.

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They round up anybody (remember they mentioned cannibals and pirates), but Lokis have a knack for surviving shit.

And things like killing Thor, fooling Thanos, etc. fuck with the sacred timeline.

So there's not really one sacred timeline; there's one sacred timeline for each of the millions of alternate universes?

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

So there's not really one sacred timeline; there's one sacred timeline for each of the millions of alternate universes?

No there is one sacred timeline, which is why all of the non-compliant Lokis keep getting pruned.