Loki on Disney+

mdmost

37 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Loki is on a different timeline. Statue at the end should have told you.

I’ll lead with I know we’re talking about a comic show with time travel AND they mildly defined the time travel rules in Endgame and this show, but…

Where they implying the timeline is a loop?  If so, each branch becomes its own loop?

Did he get knocked back to a different branch at the “same time” or did he get knocked back to his line that had been altered?

7 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Loki is on a different timeline. Statue at the end should have told you.

Struggling to understand this.  The sacred timeline was a sort of pruned parallel universes, yeah?  So what's the difference between that and a mutiverse that Kang defines (besides order)?  No comprende.

Edited by Hmmm

44 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

Struggling to understand this.  The sacred timeline was a sort of pruned parallel universes, yeah?  So what's the difference between that and a mutiverse that Kang defines (besides order)?  No comprende.

He Who Remains used the TVA to prevent the other Kangs from attacking all the other universes.  He pruned any event that led to other Kangs. 

Now that he's dead, the other Kangs will come about and will wage war on other timelines.

Loki was tossed thru the door into a different universe. They're all happening now that Kang Who Remains is dead.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ajax said:

I hope the other Kangs are a little more menacing. This one reminded me of Willy Wonka.

That's exactly what you will see in the other Kangs. The Loki one was the practical version who wanted to maintain peace and order by ensuring the other Kangs weren't allowed back into power. The Ant Man one should be the Conqueror we see at the end or at least one like that which has been hiding out in the quantum realm. 

I loved the finale and it was great that a Disney+ show got to be the vehicle to kick off Phase 4. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, ajax said:

I hope the other Kangs are a little more menacing. This one reminded me of Willy Wonka.

7 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

Do think that kang might have been miscast. Hopefully the bad kang will be….badder. 

This Kang sometimes seemed like he was channeling Bill Cosby and was about to ask if they wanted a pudding pop. Or like Willy Wonka. It was great to see a true believer villain that isn’t a zealot. 

Here's a long ass tutorial on who Kang is. Not sure how much of this is relevant but it gives you an idea of how Marvel has treated Kang in the comics, which is to say it's complicated as shit. MCU takes comic plots as baseline and creates new stories. Will be interesting to see what role Ravonna plays into this.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Nathaniel_Richards_(Kang)_(Earth-6311)

Again this is going to get damn confusing in the MCU but the writers have decades of material to inspire and guide them. 

Saw this on reddit. Marvel creative team have their shit together. 

b9xsTqd.jpeg

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, I'm gonna get confused as hell, but I still enjoy this stuff. Loki was the best MCU movie/show to date IMO. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and did enough research to get the importance of He Who Remains/Kang, and the multiverse stuff that's upcoming.

31 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Here's a long ass tutorial on who Kang is. Not sure how much of this is relevant but it gives you an idea of how Marvel has treated Kang in the comics, which is to say it's complicated as shit. MCU takes comic plots as baseline and creates new stories. Will be interesting to see what role Ravonna plays into this.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Nathaniel_Richards_(Kang)_(Earth-6311)

Again this is going to get damn confusing in the MCU but the writers have decades of material to inspire and guide them. 

Saw this on reddit. Marvel creative team have their shit together. 

b9xsTqd.jpeg

is that imgur???

4 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

gave up on that after 3 or 4 episodes.

You missed out.   Admittedly, the first couple eps were wild but they tied everything together really well.     Its crazy as hell but coherent and an overall great show.    You should go back and finish it.