Loki on Disney+

mdmost

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If it’s Tom Hiddleston’s Loki in the last scene, why didn’t they show him?

Hide contents

I kinda think we saw the introduction of the multiverse and it’s an alternate Loki   

Or it’s Mephisto.

Spoiler

I think we’ll see 2 alternate Loki’s, and one of them is lady Loki. 

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If it’s Tom Hiddleston’s Loki in the last scene, why didn’t they show him?

Hide contents

I kinda think we saw the introduction of the multiverse and it’s an alternate Loki   

Or it’s Mephisto.

Something something the plaque for the alternates is in the ladies room.

2 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think we’ll see 2 alternate Loki’s, and one of them is lady Loki. 

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Something something the plaque for the alternates is in the ladies room.

Spoiler

It's been pointed out that the comics have had multiple Loki variations over the years (multiverse stuff maybe) and that multiple actors are attached to the Loki TV series, including a woman, who have not had their characters publicly named.

Friend thinks that the whole TVA thing is being set up, only to get blown up either in the Loki TV series, or in the Doctor Strange film, and/or to give us the multiverse stuff heading into the Doctor Strange film, which then opens up the X-Men stuff.

Me, I'm pushing the theory that Loki, Wanda, and Strange are the original three time keepers.

Edited by atomheartbevo

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

God damn this is so good 

A lot of people, me included, were guessing there would be

Spoiler

a female Loki.

And instead it was The Enchantress all along

While she was listed as a Variant in some credits, in a couple of foreign-language credits, she was listed as "Sylvie" (not "Sylvia") as in Sylvie Lushton, The Enchantress.

And it looks like we have our Multiverse.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Hide contents

a female Loki.

While she was listed as a Variant in some credits, in a couple of foreign-language credits, she was listed as "Sylvie" (not "Sylvia") as in Sylvie Lushton, The Enchantress.

Spoiler

I don't know why I was so stupid not to link LOKI to the Multiverse of MADNESS.

Of course he would be part of that happening. 

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

The rumors about a female Loki, and other forms of Loki, were meant to throw people off, and it worked brilliantly.  I really didn't see that coming either.  I thought this would be pretty self-contained, and that he would be hunting himself down, so to speak.  

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:
  Hide contents

Liked it, I'm in. Hiddleston is a good actor, the look on his face and follow-up when he sees his life and death in the "main" universe. Pretty powerful. But who knows if he's ultimately good or bad, it's what I like about his character, he can do both. I'm also curious to see if the Timekeepers are good or bad. My guess is ultimately bad, but who knows. I thought it was an interesting comment that the Avengers were "allowed" to go back in time to change the blip. Seems like a odd way to handle time, hope to hear more about that in future episodes.

As to the multiverse stuff:

Spoiler

Didn't Dr. Strange tell Iron Man in End Game that there were multiple versions of events and only one where the Avengers win, and he either said or implied it was the one where Iron Man dies. I'm wondering if Dr. Strange has found a way around the Timekeepers, or is unaware of them, or is being manipulated by them, or vice versa. So many questions.

Spoiler

So I just read a few posts and the female was the Enchantress. I don't read the comics. I just thought it was a female Loki. 

Someone explain to me why the Enchantress is important, or relates to the multiverse thing, or why it was a big reveal. 

Like I'm a 5 year old that knows nothing

thanks

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:
  Hide contents

So I just read a few posts and the female was the Enchantress. I don't read the comics. I just thought it was a female Loki. 

Someone explain to me why the Enchantress is important, or relates to the multiverse thing, or why it was a big reveal. 

Like I'm a 5 year old that knows nothing

thanks

Spoiler

Female Loki was an awesome misdirect and solid troll for some, but the blonde hair makes more sense for the Enchantress (but there are female Lokis in the comics).

Enchantress....she could tie Scarlet Witch, Thor, Doctor Strange, and the Multiverse together, and well, she created the Multiverse in today's episode.

She's Asgardian like Loki and Thor, normally a villain vs Thor (and Doctor Strange to an extent), she's much more powerful than Loki, she knows Doctor Strange well, and she's tangled with the Scarlet Witch.  

This has a few old comic strips showing her with the Scarlet Witch

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/enchantress-vs-scarlet-witch-403199/

And this is a good breakdown of her powers:

https://www.quora.com/Who-would-win-a-magic-battle-the-Enchantress-or-Doctor-Strange

She's a perfect fit for the MCU heading in a cosmic direction, and the Loki series is really going to set the stage for Doctor Strange.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Reveal hidden contents

a female Loki.

Spoiler

So the moment Loki sees her he already recognized her? Cause she is Asgardian.

12 minutes ago, FunkSoulBrother said:
  Hide contents

So the moment Loki sees her he already recognized her? Cause she is Asgardian.

Yep.  And some fun facts that really tie the Loki series into a shitload of MCU

Spoiler

She was associated with Baron Zemo, Doctor Doom/Fantastic Four, various mutants, and the Mandarin, and she was heavily involved in the Secret Wars.

Looks like she's basically behind Loki as being a main antagonist of Thor.

Reading more about her, I'm actually surprised they haven't used her before now, but like a good rug and a room, she can really tie a lot of MCU stuff together. 

Also, one version of her has her being "created" by Loki to see if he could create a mortal, only for her to have powers.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Interesting theory from io9

Spoiler

I think Mobius is Loki. And not just any Loki - I think he’s the Loki we’ve been centered on up til now. His entire history with the TVA is a long con to ensure his own survival, get access to restricted records, and meet the Time Keepers.

When questioned about how long he’d been in the TVA, he responded cryptically that time works differently - what better way to handwave the timey-wimey way that he’s crossed his own timeline? When questioned about his origin, he specifically compared it to Loki’s own. He shows frustration to Ravonna about never meeting the Time Keepers, while pretending that he is devoted to them in front of Loki. He says one thing about needing to keep Loki close to study him, while also making it clear that he doesn’t need to study Loki - he’s known enough Lokis, and well enough, that he can anticipate every step they’re going to take - and yet still screws up even when Loki is bumbling around. I think it’s all part of a long plot. 

Hell, he’s even prone to long monologues and clearly loves the sound of his own voice... Just like Loki. 

Also, even though Mobius is an established comics character, having a character who is crossing over their own timeline using the pseudonym Mobius is a very good reference to the Mobius strip - an endless loop with only one path that crosses both sides of itself. 

(obviously the “how” of him being Loki would be illusions and/or shape-shifting, plus some as-yet unrevealed time travel into an earlier point in the TVA timeline...)

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Interesting theory from io9

Hide contents

I think Mobius is Loki. And not just any Loki - I think he’s the Loki we’ve been centered on up til now. His entire history with the TVA is a long con to ensure his own survival, get access to restricted records, and meet the Time Keepers.

When questioned about how long he’d been in the TVA, he responded cryptically that time works differently - what better way to handwave the timey-wimey way that he’s crossed his own timeline? When questioned about his origin, he specifically compared it to Loki’s own. He shows frustration to Ravonna about never meeting the Time Keepers, while pretending that he is devoted to them in front of Loki. He says one thing about needing to keep Loki close to study him, while also making it clear that he doesn’t need to study Loki - he’s known enough Lokis, and well enough, that he can anticipate every step they’re going to take - and yet still screws up even when Loki is bumbling around. I think it’s all part of a long plot. 

Hell, he’s even prone to long monologues and clearly loves the sound of his own voice... Just like Loki. 

Also, even though Mobius is an established comics character, having a character who is crossing over their own timeline using the pseudonym Mobius is a very good reference to the Mobius strip - an endless loop with only one path that crosses both sides of itself. 

(obviously the “how” of him being Loki would be illusions and/or shape-shifting, plus some as-yet unrevealed time travel into an earlier point in the TVA timeline...)

Spoiler

Not a bad theory. Owen Wilson is sort of known for being someone that likes to hear himself talk, at least in the characters in his movies.

Spoiler

I only know the MCU so forgive me if I'm totally wrong, but am I the only one that was getting a big Wizard of Oz vibe vis a vis The Timekeepers? As in, there's no there there. Not even beings pulling strings. The Judge (?) really gave off the vibe that she was completely full of shit when she said the TKs were real busy. Again, apologies if I'm unwittingly spoiling.

great episode.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I only know the MCU so forgive me if I'm totally wrong, but am I the only one that was getting a big Wizard of Oz vibe vis a vis The Timekeepers? As in, there's no there there. Not even beings pulling strings. The Judge (?) really gave off the vibe that she was completely full of shit when she said the TKs were real busy. Again, apologies if I'm unwittingly spoiling.

great episode.

I think you are correct.

38 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:
  Hide contents

great episode.

There is so much speculation about them.  Some are speculating that it's actually

Spoiler

Kang the Conqueror, who will probably be the big baddie in the MCU going forward, and that the "sacred timeline" is just the timeline in which he comes to power, etc.

I tend to agree with your take though.

2 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:
  Hide contents

great episode.

Spoiler

I also feel something is off, and The Judge also gave me weird vibes, like she's in control, or is covering some truth about the timekeepers. I can also see the theory from a few posts back about Mobius being another Loki, his flirting with The Judge has some Loki charm vibes to it too. I'm 90% sure though that the truth behind the "sacred timeline" is setting up some sort of villain or general evil.

I can't tell if I like the MCU better having never been a comic book guy, or if I'd like it better if I knew all the geeky stuff from the comic readers. I feel I enjoy it more as is, it seems that the comic book universe is way to big and overwhelming for my taste, just based on the posts about MCU movies and series from those who know the comics. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I can't tell if I like the MCU better having never been a comic book guy, or if I'd like it better if I knew all the geeky stuff from the comic readers. I feel I enjoy it more as is, it seems that the comic book universe is way to big and overwhelming for my taste, just based on the posts about MCU movies and series from those who know the comics. 

I’m more than likely older than you and grew up reading Spiderman, the Hulk, Fantastic Four, Avengers, et al. But I put down comic books around the time I discovered pussy so I’ve got to google all this crap 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I'm like @mr. sunshine in that I read a ton of these growing up, but dropped them. I've read them occasionally, and I'll hit up the various wikis to catch up on characters.

Honestly, I think both the comic book nerds and non-nerds have it pretty nice.  When you look at some comic book characters having numerous decades (including multiple comic book lines at the same time, such as Spidey, Batman, etc.), there's a lot of bad stuff that crept in (bad = low quality/low effort) and a lot of redundancy.

I think they are doing a good job of cherry-picking characters and story arcs, enough that the nerds are happy, but done in such a way that non-nerds enjoy it just as much.   My wife has not even seen probably half of the MCU movies, but she liked Wanda, Falcon, and now Loki.

And they are doing this in a truly unified manner - yes, most of the comics/characters existed together, crossed-over into each others comic books, etc., but eventually they would diverge and be on their own overall arcs.  Not so with the movies and TV shows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I also feel something is off, and The Judge also gave me weird vibes, like she's in control, or is covering some truth about the timekeepers. I can also see the theory from a few posts back about Mobius being another Loki, his flirting with The Judge has some Loki charm vibes to it too. I'm 90% sure though that the truth behind the "sacred timeline" is setting up some sort of villain or general evil.

Spoiler

I like the idea that Mobius is a Loki variant.  I feel like he acts towards Hiddleston's Loki, the way a Loki would act towards another.  A little bit in awe, wanting to be friends with him, but also knowing the kind of bullshit he'd pull.

That's why I think the woman was The Enchantress - she did not act like one Loki encountering another.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And they are doing this in a truly unified manner - yes, most of the comics/characters existed together, crossed-over into each others comic books, etc., but eventually they would diverge and be on their own overall arcs.  Not so with the movies and TV shows.

For now…multiverse allows them to retcon all the previous movies and TV shows without the issue of screwing up timeline continuity.  Rumors Spider-Man will be reaching back to the previous 2 movie versions, Deadpool 3 may tie in the X-men movies, bringing in the old Fantastic4 would be awesome (especially if they can convince Evans to  do a cameo as Johnny Storm).  Another rumor is that the MCU is bringing back some cast from the Netflix Defenders/Punisher Universe to tie them into the MCU.  And then there is still the Agents of SHIELD show which is the Schrodinger‘s cat of the MCU that sometimes exists and at the same time doesn’t exist within the MCU.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

There is so much speculation about them.  Some are speculating that it's actually

Reveal hidden contents

Kang the Conqueror, who will probably be the big baddie in the MCU going forward, and that the "sacred timeline" is just the timeline in which he comes to power, etc.

I tend to agree with your take though.

Spoiler

I just hope it all leads to Secret Wars Battleworld! Would love to see God Doom.

• Like 1

Spoiler

There's no fucking way Mobius is Loki.  No fucking way.  Absolutely different personalities.  Loki can't help but being himself and none of that shines through in Mobius.  Loki is conniving, Mobius is sincere.  We'll see.

Edited by Hmmm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

For now…multiverse allows them to retcon all the previous movies and TV shows without the issue of screwing up timeline continuity.  Rumors Spider-Man will be reaching back to the previous 2 movie versions, Deadpool 3 may tie in the X-men movies, bringing in the old Fantastic4 would be awesome (especially if they can convince Evans to  do a cameo as Johnny Storm).  Another rumor is that the MCU is bringing back some cast from the Netflix Defenders/Punisher Universe to tie them into the MCU.  And then there is still the Agents of SHIELD show which is the Schrodinger‘s cat of the MCU that sometimes exists and at the same time doesn’t exist within the MCU.

Not "Loki" but have you heard the rumor, that since AT&T sold Warner/ DC to Discovery, it is willing to talk of amalgamation as was done in comics..?|

Can you imagine having a movie to where Deadpool teams with Batman, as a crossover event..? Or Suicide Squad v Guardians of the Galaxy..? Cool...

On 6/16/2021 at 2:54 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Reveal hidden contents

The rumors about a female Loki, and other forms of Loki, were meant to throw people off, and it worked brilliantly.  I really didn't see that coming either.  I thought this would be pretty self-contained, and that he would be hunting himself down, so to speak.  

Spoiler

On second thought has it been confirmed that that was Enchantress? You and I may know her as that but she could still be Lady Loki with the powers of Enchantress. After all, Mobius did say another version of Loki.

Spoiler

Since they have the same variant essence, I'd imagine Enchantress is either somehow his identical twin sister OR a female Loki. Or maybe magic or technology was used to swap genders. Lots of possibilities.

15 hours ago, 'stache said:
  Hide contents

Gugu gives me excellent vibes.  in my pants.