Fuck Baylor and fuck Scott Drew

Beau Vine

Meh, good for them.  A secondary benefit is a big middle finger to UTEP and their yearly champagne celebration every time another Texas team exits the tournament so they can raise their glasses on being the only school in the state with a men's natty.

Now someone in the NFL needs to do the same to the insufferable '72 Dolphins.

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Meh, good for them.  A secondary benefit is a big middle finger to UTEP and their yearly champagne celebration every time another Texas team exits the tournament so they can raise their glasses on being the only school in the state with a men's natty.

1t8r03.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

As an Indiana fan, I'll admit to sending the bottle-pop GIF to my friends last night. Fuck the zags and their weak conference schedule.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sandman said:

As an Indiana fan, I'll admit to sending the bottle-pop GIF to my friends last night. Fuck the zags and their weak conference schedule.

Have a Hoosier in the office next to mine.  His sentiments are the same and I texted him a big thumbs up last night!

I have a cousin who went to Baylor and who subsequently sent her daughters to Baylor as well.  They are staunch Baptists and are constantly playing the David vs the big bad Goliath of UT, be it in sports or whatever.  Poor little tiny Baylor is so smart for being on the same level as UT, and even besting them repeatedly at major sports!    Plus not just anyone can go to Baylor, it's very expensive, don't you know?  That makes Baylor like the Ivy League school of Texas.   But with GOD!

I hear this shit constantly, and never anything about the rape enabling, cat mutilating, drug dealing basketball players or the Dennehy murder.  To this day they still slant things  against Bliss, making him the scapegoat.  I'm sure he played a part, but I doubt seriously he was the lynchpin of the whole thing. 

Baylor is dirty, top to bottom when it comes to athletics.  They need money to pay off that gold and green toilet bowl on the Brazos.   It's been this way since Teaff was there.  People pulling strings behind the scenes to get and keep the athletes they need.  Using money, drugs, co-eds, whatever.   

And the whole time they do this, the rest of the world just lets them do it.  Like pretend it doesn't happen and all is good.   Instead they hold Baylor up as that holier than thou institute and applaud their David act against the rest of the secular world.  

I'm sick of it, and they don't deserve to be in the Big 12, or any organized athletics.  But then money talks more than actual morals.

Drew and Mulkey are about as slimy as stewed okra.  

Cat torture case

Example of recent Blame Bliss articles.    Lazy journalism plagiarizing a documentary from some time back.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

So I have always heard you guys say Drew is dirty as fuck.  What does he do?

Define dirty. Paying players? You think Scott's paying off low-end 4 star, 3-star, and 0-star athletes to come to Baylor? (0-stars = Teague, Flagler, JTT, Gillispie from last year's team--a guy who started as a D3 bench player.) 

The dude hasn't had a top 25 recruiting class in 10 years. Hasn't had a 5-star recruit in 10 years. His top recruit on this year's roster was Dain Dainja, ranked #89 nationally in 2020. But he redshirted, so the top-ranked Bear to actually play for the team this season is LJ Cryer, a seldom-used freshman who was ranked #93 nationally. (There's also Mitchell, who was ranked in the upper 50s but he transferred from Auburn.)

They have zero blue-chip players this year. None. But you're arguing, what, that he's Sean Miller + Will Wade + Rick Barnes all rolled into one, despite having terrible recruiting classes?

There are shenanigans in all power 5 programs, facilitated by Nike/Adidas/UA/etc. Who knows, maybe Drew is aware of these shenanigans. But then there are coaches like Miller/Wade/etc. who handle it themselves--specifically when it comes to elite 5-star recruits. Baylor hasn't had one of those elite recruits in over 10 years, but you want people to believe that Drew is dirtier than all of them combined despite being an objectively mediocre recruiter?

Chris Beard, meanwhile, started pulling in 4 and 5-star players within his first 2 years in Lubbock. But, sure, he's "clean," (whatever that means) and Drew is dirty. Why? Well, logic.

Does [coach's name] cheat?
↳Is he the current head coach of your school?->Yes -> He never cheats, even if he cheated before he joined your team.                    
                                                                                  No -> He's the dirtiest coach in college basketball, even if he's traditionally been a weak recruiter.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Drew has turned himself into a really good coach.  If you had told me that 5 years ago I would've said you're crazy.

More importantly, I believe his program, as far as player acquisition and development (ie., redshirting, having guys stay for 3 or 4 years) should be a model to follow going forward.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

I have a cousin who went to Baylor and who subsequently sent her daughters to Baylor as well.  They are staunch Baptists and are constantly playing the David vs the big bad Goliath of UT, be it in sports or whatever.  Poor little tiny Baylor is so smart for being on the same level as UT, and even besting them repeatedly at major sports!    Plus not just anyone can go to Baylor, it's very expensive, don't you know?  That makes Baylor like the Ivy League school of Texas.   But with GOD!

I hear this shit constantly, and never anything about the rape enabling, cat mutilating, drug dealing basketball players or the Dennehy murder.  To this day they still slant things  against Bliss, making him the scapegoat.  I'm sure he played a part, but I doubt seriously he was the lynchpin of the whole thing. 

Baylor is dirty, top to bottom when it comes to athletics.  They need money to pay off that gold and green toilet bowl on the Brazos.   It's been this way since Teaff was there.  People pulling strings behind the scenes to get and keep the athletes they need.  Using money, drugs, co-eds, whatever.   

And the whole time they do this, the rest of the world just lets them do it.  Like pretend it doesn't happen and all is good.   Instead they hold Baylor up as that holier than thou institute and applaud their David act against the rest of the secular world.  

I'm sick of it, and they don't deserve to be in the Big 12, or any organized athletics.  But then money talks more than actual morals.

Drew and Mulkey are about as slimy as stewed okra.  

Cat torture case

Example of recent Blame Bliss articles.    Lazy journalism plagiarizing a documentary from some time back.

All that shit happened under Bliss and Briles, and KEN STARR and I'm the biggest Baylor critic I know, but you're insane to think that the programs are as dirty now, and even more insane to write that the world lets them get away with it.  Either that or you've got a memory like a colander.

Starr and Ian McCaw are gone.  Briles and his whole family are gone.

New AD and New President.

One name that hasn't even been mentioned is Matt Rhule.  He came untainted from the east coast and revived the football program before being hired away to the NFL.  No whispers of anything unsavory, other than he happened to play at Penn State.

Baylor basketball investigated for 3 years under Drew, no infractions found.

ESPN went after the Briles football program with guns blazing, rightfully so.

Look, hate on Baylor all you want, but quite a bit of the tumor was removed.  Hell, Baylor even acknowledged the role that slave owners played in it's founding.

At least add to the discussion.

Edited by BearSchlong
Ommitted the rotted judge
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

Look, hate on Baylor all you want, but quite a bit of the tumor was removed. 

Yes. Please. I joined shaggy because you guys are clever and hilarious (about 1000x more interesting than any of my Baylor boards). Lazy, one-sentence, rep-whoring posts about rape/murder are boring and tired. I wish the mods would fly a banner at the top of the page that says they “are not our standard.”
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

All that shit happened under Bliss and Briles, and KEN STARR and I'm the biggest Baylor critic I know, but you're insane to think that the programs are as dirty now, and even more insane to write that the world lets them get away with it.  Either that or you've got a memory like a colander.

One name that hasn't even been mentioned is Matt Rhule.  He came untainted from the east coast and revived the football program before being hired away to the NFL.  No whispers of anything unsavory, other than he happened to play at Penn State.

Baylor basketball investigated for 3 years under Drew, no infractions found.

ESPN went after the Briles football program with guns blazing, rightfully so.

Look, hate on Baylor all you want, but quite a bit of the tumor was removed.  Hell, Baylor even acknowledged the role that slave owners played in it's founding.

I will give you that Drew is a good coach.  But other than firing some people, what has really come out of the Briles/Starr/Title IX scandal?   The Texas Rangers were investigating, that went silent.  Where did the NCAA go?  For all the furor that was centered on that, it's like it's just been forgotten and  Baylor is back in good graces.  Fuck that.  They dicked around long enough and other things covered up their shit.   

And yeah, I liked the Rhule hire.  It was a good move, but how many Bear fans were so solid behind bringing back CAB?   

You think what you will of them.  I respect your opinion.  Mine is different.  

3 hours ago, n64ra said:

I get the F Baylor talk about the rapes and murder, but why Scott Drew? He wasn't there when the murder occurred and isn't in the football program.

Because he's employed by Baylor.  Duh.

Fuck everyone at that place.  Fuck his receptionist.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Oh, what the fuck ever!  The tumor won't be removed as long as the university is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention.  The entire Board of Regents are white people who graduated from Baylor.  The President is a former Baylor academic administrator.    Same shit, different day, except now they know not to let the football team rape at will.  

What is with all the posters white-knighting Baylor anyways?  Am I really on Surly?

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Oh, what the fuck ever!  The tumor won't be removed as long as the university is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention.  The entire Board of Regents are white people who graduated from Baylor.  The President is a former Baylor academic administrator.    Same shit, different day, except now they know not to let the football team rape at will.  

What is with all the posters white-knighting Baylor anyways?  Am I really on Surly?

seriously, what the fuck is going on here? the hoops board is this little niche forum where sometimes fewer than ten topics even get replied to in a single day, and yet all of a sudden one of our rivals wins the national title and the board is flooded with new posters who are all vehemently pro-Baylor, and telling us regulars that we suck and are wrong for nit liking our slimy ass rivals. what in the ever living fuck is that about?

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TravisMays said:

Define dirty. Paying players? You think Scott's paying off low-end 4 star, 3-star, and 0-star athletes to come to Baylor? (0-stars = Teague, Flagler, JTT, Gillispie from last year's team--a guy who started as a D3 bench player.) 

The dude hasn't had a top 25 recruiting class in 10 years. Hasn't had a 5-star recruit in 10 years. His top recruit on this year's roster was Dain Dainja, ranked #89 nationally in 2020. But he redshirted, so the top-ranked Bear to actually play for the team this season is LJ Cryer, a seldom-used freshman who was ranked #93 nationally. (There's also Mitchell, who was ranked in the upper 50s but he transferred from Auburn.)

They have zero blue-chip players this year. None. But you're arguing, what, that he's Sean Miller + Will Wade + Rick Barnes all rolled into one, despite having terrible recruiting classes?

There are shenanigans in all power 5 programs, facilitated by Nike/Adidas/UA/etc. Who knows, maybe Drew is aware of these shenanigans. But then there are coaches like Miller/Wade/etc. who handle it themselves--specifically when it comes to elite 5-star recruits. Baylor hasn't had one of those elite recruits in over 10 years, but you want people to believe that Drew is dirtier than all of them combined despite being an objectively mediocre recruiter?

Chris Beard, meanwhile, started pulling in 4 and 5-star players within his first 2 years in Lubbock. But, sure, he's "clean," (whatever that means) and Drew is dirty. Why? Well, logic.

Does [coach's name] cheat?
↳Is he the current head coach of your school?->Yes -> He never cheats, even if he cheated before he joined your team.                    
                                                                                  No -> He's the dirtiest coach in college basketball, even if he's traditionally been a weak recruiter.

You have three total posts in Surly and all of them are about Scott Drew, but your username is travismays?  Nice try...

• Hook 'Em 6

10 hours ago, usmc0331horn said:

Oh and Gonzaga is now 1-11 against top 3 teams all time with one win over a number 2 like the year before Few was promoted to HC.

What is a typical record against top 3 teams?

Because when you play a top 3 team, you're probably going to lose, because, you know, top 3 teams are really really good.

6 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

Top 3 seeds I meant.

Well, you're not even right then.

1999 Beat #2 Florida

2000 Beat #2 St John's

2016 Beat #3 Utah

If you keep losing to top 3 seeds, you're either making it to the regionals, or getting a 7-10 seed, neither of which is something for a mid-major conference team to be ashamed of.

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Fuck Baylor, Fuck Scott Drew.  How that institution is allowed to have ANY college athletics is beyond me.  They've proven consistently they cannot be trusted to do the "right" thing and will always do anything and everything to win, including using rape as a recruiting tool.

D8BD5B15-739A-430D-B683-6E79E7E2B369.gif

Come on guys. Sure, maybe there was a murder and 4 or 5 dozen rapes were covered up to protect WINNING SPORTS IS FUN!  Perhaps the title will be vacated in a few years when maybe it's found out that the team full of zero and -1 stars were on PEDs, never went to class, and were compensated with money and a laundry list of other "benefits".  But forget all of that and let's celebrate Scott Drew and Baylor because that's what the good people of Surly do!

Edited by OU Sucks

17 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Because he's employed by Baylor.  Duh.

Fuck everyone at that place.  Fuck his receptionist.

Thanks for clarifying. If Drew left in 2017 for Illinois and had success there, he'd be a legitimate candidate for Texas in 2021, but since he's still at Baylor, no way.