2021 baseball single game tickets

TenaciousTgarden

I scrolled but didn't see a post. Want to take my boys (7 and 5) to some games, but can't figure out what's happening with spectators at home games. I saw they aren't selling single-game tickets but you can get them on StubHub - is this just season ticket holders selling their tickets?  What's the protocol like for Covid for home games? 

Anyone want to sell a few tickets for Sunday?

16 minutes ago, TenaciousTgarden said:

Sorry yes, meant longhorns

Follow NMAS advice in post 3 and also may want to call the Ticket Office,  512-471-333 for box office procedures/availability.

iirc,  someone posted you lineup and then they issue a code to order and pay on your phone  ?      Not sure that is correct. 

They sell tickets one hr prior to first pitch at the box office at the Disch.

Most seem to be down the left and right field lines. They are not season tickets as many of us did not get them and many of those seats are blocked off (see below).

For the Friday night blowU game, I got there late but they still sold SRO tix that you were supposed to stay in the left field grassy area BEHIND the food trucks ( where you wouldn't be able to see squat), I got one of those walked down to the R field line and sat in one of the upper rows in front of the Gus Pavilion. Usher didn't mess with me, you just have to look like you know which seat is yours. Might be a little harder for three but just sit in a group of four seats (seats are zipped tied off where you can't sit for social distancing). Enjoy the game.

3 hours ago, torre said:

Follow NMAS advice in post 3 and also may want to call the Ticket Office,  512-471-333 for box office procedures/availability.

iirc,  someone posted you lineup and then they issue a code to order and pay on your phone  ?      Not sure that is correct. 

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

They must do something like that because all of the ticketing is digital.

My kid and I lined up at the ticket office and bought them at the window just like we normally do.

I’m headed to Austin next Saturday to hang out with my UT student daughter (no pix) and take in the ACU game.  Bought tickets on Seat Geek.  Expensive.  What’s the game day experience like this season?  Food trucks in their normal spot and regular concessions available?  

Went to Friday's KSU game with my son and parents and had a blast. COVID protocol is great, probably overly cautious, even. Parents and I are fully vaxxed, but if not I still would have felt comfortable. My folks showed up about 1.5 hours ahead of first pitch and were 3rd in line for walk up tix. Box office said they sold only a limited number of four-seat packs, so keep that in mind. our seats ($14) were behind home plate, about 4 or 5 rows down from Craig Way, so it was cool to hear him call the game as it was happening. We were 3 or 4 rows up from a gaggle of scouts, so that was cool too. Lines were non-existent for beer, food, and restrooms. If we'd leave to do one of those things after the last out of the inning, we'd be back in our seats by first pitch of the next. Food trucks are there, but fewer than before (and Poke e Joes was closed). But Amy's was open, which was what my son cared about anyway. The craft beer trailer was open, so I bought an $11 Electric Jellyfish because i was in an "this is awesome, its just money" mood. But regular domestics are $5 up until the national anthem, so getting there early for tix is a bonus. Honestly, it was pretty awesome being in an enthusiastic, energetic stadium that is at 25% capacity. Everything was so easy. Enjoy the game.

AVOID Seatgeek, Stubhub or ANY other "legalized" scalper sites!

Get there early or late, they aren't gong to turn you away. I have been going regularly (season ticket holder that wasn't allowed to purchase this yr) and have been able to get a ticket every time. For the Friday night blowU game, I got there late and they opened up so-called SRO area over behind the food trucks grassy area. I just walked to where I normally sit (1st base side R2) and found an empty seat. They are zipped tied as to where what seats are opened, but I have noticed some walk in looking at their phones, go up to seats zipped tied and slide them over and sit down. So maybe some are being sold that way. 

Iv'e gone to the last 5 games this week and over the weekend, I didn't even have to buy a ticket. Friday and Sunday I was offered a free ticket by couples that had a third. Saturday I got stuck in traffic and possibly due to the early shelling in the 2nd, maybe someone had already left and tossed their ticket on the ground. Picked it up and walked on in during the third just in time to see Ivan's first bomb of the weekend by the video scoreboard. On Saturday, CDC was sitting across the aisle from me and we had a short discussion about seating and tickets. While he wants to definitely open up more seats, they are trying to do it slow and have not have some stupid blowup like in Michigan this week. He stated he wants full capacity for football. 

The only negative item this year is some of the Ushers and their "power trip thinking" that they are more important than they are. The Gus Pavilion (1st base line) is not open to the public but yet they have NO signs stating this nor is the entrance blocked off. The lady that is over in that area is a bit of bitch regarding people going in there. Just an FYI. 

Enjoy the games. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

AVOID Seatgeek, Stubhub or ANY other "legalized" scalper sites!

Get there early or late, they aren't gong to turn you away. I have been going regularly (season ticket holder that wasn't allowed to purchase this yr) and have been able to get a ticket every time. For the Friday night blowU game, I got there late and they opened up so-called SRO area over behind the food trucks grassy area. I just walked to where I normally sit (1st base side R2) and found an empty seat. They are zipped tied as to where what seats are opened, but I have noticed some walk in looking at their phones, go up to seats zipped tied and slide them over and sit down. So maybe some are being sold that way. 

Iv'e gone to the last 5 games this week and over the weekend, I didn't even have to buy a ticket. Friday and Sunday I was offered a free ticket by couples that had a third. Saturday I got stuck in traffic and possibly due to the early shelling in the 2nd, maybe someone had already left and tossed their ticket on the ground. Picked it up and walked on in during the third just in time to see Ivan's first bomb of the weekend by the video scoreboard. On Saturday, CDC was sitting across the aisle from me and we had a short discussion about seating and tickets. While he wants to definitely open up more seats, they are trying to do it slow and have not have some stupid blowup like in Michigan this week. He stated he wants full capacity for football. 

The only negative item this year is some of the Ushers and their "power trip thinking" that they are more important than they are. The Gus Pavilion (1st base line) is not open to the public but yet they have NO signs stating this nor is the entrance blocked off. The lady that is over in that area is a bit of bitch regarding people going in there. Just an FYI. 

Enjoy the games. 🤘

Thanks for the info.  Planning to try the walk-up for one of the Nevada games this week.

Thanks for the info.  Planning to try the walk-up for one of the Nevada games this week.

Get there a little early and hang out by the Ticket booth before buying...
You might get lucky and get some for free.
Tuesday and Wednesday evenings has not been a problem in getting tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Get there a little early and hang out by the Ticket booth before buying...
You might get lucky and get some for free.
Tuesday and Wednesday evenings has not been a problem in getting tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never gotten some for free.  There's always a cost.

Oh, we were talking about baseball tix...

• 2 weeks later...