Which Covid-19 vaccine did you end up getting?

Longhorn_Fan68

Which Covid-19 vaccine did you end up getting?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Well, which one did you get? (list below reflects approved vaccines worldwide as of 07 Apr)

• Pfizer
    • Moderna
    • AstraZeneca
    • Sputnik V
    • Janssen (JNJ)
    • CoronaVac (Sinovac)
    • BBIBP-CorV
    • EpiVacCorona
    • Convidicea (Ad5-nCoV)
    • Covaxin
    • CoviVac
    • ZF2001
    • Other
    • I'm not getting the vaccine

Had to head all the way out to Martin Van Buren HS in eastern Queens (almost to Nassau Co) to get the first shot because I wanted to get the shot ASAP instead of waiting an extra day to go up to The Bronx for the first shot. Well worth the subway and Lyft ride to get the vaccine. Got to see a gym where the shots were given that makes some of those old WPA basketball gyms look modern in comparison. Looking forward to Pfizer shot two on the 21st so I can get back out to some Yankee games again two weeks after that (Could take a Covid test to get in but I will wait.)!

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Had the second Pfizer almost two weeks ago. First felt like a flu shot as far as being sore. The second I was very sore later in the day (shot was in the morning) and the first half of the next day. Never felt ill or any other side affects, though. My wife didn't feel "quite right" the next day.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Anwar Namtut said:

My wife didn't feel "quite right" the next day.

Bro, sorry to tell you that walking bow legged is not a side effect of the vaccine. You and your wife need to have a conversation. 

• Haha 1

So you know the polls that show half of republicans not going to get vaccinated and then like single digits of democrats?  I always wondered who the fuck those democrats were. Found out tonight it’s my parents. For fuck’s sake.

"We’ve known a lot of people who’ve had really bad side effects.”

Surely has nothing to do with my anti-vaxx sister who is in their ears all the time. 

• Rage+1 4

6 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

side note...I am feeling super sleepy today.  if it weren't for work I'd go take a giant nap.

</csb>

Had the same effect the next day after my JJ shot. Super lethargic and a stuffy head. Totally took 1/2 a day off just to sleep.

Edited by YChang
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, YChang said:

Had the same effect the next day after my JJ shot. Super lethargic and a stuffy head. Totally took 1/2 a day off just to sleep.

Yep.  Same exact symptoms.  Spent the evening on the couch then slept the sleep of exhaustion.  Feel really good and back to normal this morning. Co-workers are telling me something about this vaccine causing issues in Denver recently(yesterday?) but haven't looked that up yet.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

Got that sweet sweet second dose of Pflizer on Wednesday. Definitely felt mild flu-like symptoms yesterday but I'm more or less back to 100% today. It wouldn't have been so bad if our nanny hadn't also gotten hers on Wednesday, since it meant watching our 3-year old and 8-week old puppy all damn day.

• Hook 'Em 4

Moderna 1 a couple weeks ago, finishing up in a couple more weeks. Got it in the parking lot at Burger Center. Learned to drive there, and played HS football there, many moons ago. Also where the boys got busted at the end of Dazed and Confused, but I digress.

Also, no side effects from the first shot. Prepared for Covid apocalypse when I get the 2nd.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

CNN just said people are complaining of dizzyness.  THE HORROR.  

How dare you sure. There was nausea as well. 

A mass vaccination site in Colorado was shut down after 11 people suffered "adverse reactions" including nausea and dizziness after receiving the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine

But yeah. They followed protocols to be safe and shut it down. But it was nothing in the end 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

How dare you sure. There was nausea as well. 

But yeah. They followed protocols to be safe and shut it down. But it was nothing in the end 

I mean, come on man.  We've been vaccinating for months now.  How is this allowed to shut down a whole site?

Pfizer #1 yesterday.  After Larry Hogan fucked around and distributed the vaccine in a way where relatively rural parts of the state (i.e. Salisbury) had a big surplus then encouraged everyone to vaccination to the Eastern Shore, he found out when FEMA opened a huge walk up facility at a Metro site in the DC suburbs.   I was in and out in 40 min, cause I had to do the 30 min wait due to a serious food allergy. 

More sites are opening in Annapolis and the DC exurbs this week.

Edited by Bateshorn